**COMPLETED** SNAIL-Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge Season 2 Champion: Roman_GT23

• Thread starter llNovall
  • 999 comments
To all drivers tagged and running or have run with either the Porsche or Michelin Series, please have a read through the following post. While we still have 3 events remaining in our current seasons, it isn't too early to start considering our next moves. Here are the options I'm considering:

Mid 2021-2022 Friday Night Series schedule proposals:
At the end of this season's S2 Porsche and S1 Michelin series in the beginning of June, I want get a consensus of interest among the options below:

Option 1
Take a short break after the June '21 season's end, re-organize, and schedule new seasons for both series with minor rule tweeks in July '21, to run thru to June '22.
(Would line up with a mid 2022 GT7 release)

Option 2
-Run a 6 event Summer BMW M3 DTM Championship from late June '21 to early September '21, bi weekly, taking a 2 month break from the Porsche series.
-Then roll into a Restart of a bi weekly 12 event Porsche season 3 to run from Mid September '21 to early March '22. (with some minor tweeks and rule changes pertaining to success ballast and promotion)
(We would be placing the Michelin series on the shelf for this time frame in hopes to bring it back for GT7 with hopefully larger grid sizes to better support the multi class structure)
(Would line up for a late 1st quarter-early 2nd quarter GT7 release)
**the above 2 options give a strong probability of finishing with a strong attendance, and will have us tee'd up to go into GT7 fresh.**

Option 3
Run a 6 event Summer BMW M3 DTM Championship from late June to early September, bi weekly, taking a 2 month break from the Porsche and Michelin series.
-Re-organize both series during this time, and schedule new seasons for both series with minor rule tweeks to start in late September 21, to run thru to August '22.
(Would line up with a 3rd-4th quarter GT7 Release)
**Only worry, is if GT7 releases early, would we have enough commitment to finish the seasons to their end**

Option 4
Take a month off, reorganize for a longer bi weekly 16 event Season 3, running the Porsche series (with minor rules tweeks) exclusively with the intention to start in mid July 21 to mid March 22.
This would be our run up to hopefully a GT7 2nd quarter 2022 release at which point we could decide what to do.

Option 5
Take a month off, reorganize to restart a Porsche Season 3 and a GS only Michelin Pilot Gr4 series *or* a V8 Supercar styled series using powered up and lightened Gr4 cars to run parallel as we do now.

Please reply as follows by copy/pasting:
Option 1 (re-up as is):
Option 2: (BMW, then bi weekly Porsche)
Option 3: (BMW, then re-up as is)
Option 4: (longer bi weekly Porsche Season 3)
Option 5: (Porsche S3, and Gr4 using GS Class only in current format or a new Gr4 series with p/w ratios in line with V8 Supercars specs)

Then place your preferences numerically 1-5 with 1 being the highest preference. The group consensus will help decide our next moves going forward since our current are drawing closer and closer to their ends. Thanks again for everyone's commitment and input.

@Rob Brown /no1needs2perish (Platinum)
@llNovall /II-NOVA-II (Platinum)
@nmcp1 /nmcp1 (Platinum)
@TEX36 /TEX36 (Gold)
👍 @Phlano099 /Phlano_099 (Gold)-absent
@Roman_GT23 /Roman_GT23 (Platinum)
@Noob01_lmdead / rauljimenez76 (Gold)
👍 @Bologna_Duc /Bologna_Duc (Gold)
@GTR4MROD / GTR4MROD (Gold)
@Yugofan / Yugofan (Gold)
👍 @GTP_Guido / GTP_Guido (Gold)
@MrDonovan / MrDonovan (Gold)
@Harry Rowley/Harry Rowley (Gold)
@Stryker13 / DrSpyderPig (Platinum)
@MikeGrove /PX7-Grove (Platinum)
@IceWarden / Ice_Warden (Gold)
@GCimprezaFTW /GCimprezaFTW (Gold)
@Moby45 /Moby45 (Platinum)
@Missedapex420 /Missedapex420 (Gold)
@Granadier/TPC_Granadier (Platinum)
@Kermit_2142 / Kermit_2142 (Platinum)
@aedenmaddok / aedonmaddok (Gold)
@CANOWORMS1 / CANOWORMS1 (Gold)
@RadStewart / heated_seats (Gold)
@VetteVillain / VetteVillain (Gold)
@stelephant / stelephant
@JLBowler / JLBowler
@Fudman420/Fudman420
@Akzl298/Akzl298

Last edited:
Obviously not what I meant. All the optional driving options are BMW.
Its more the availability to include 2 options that integrate the BMW into the game plan. That car was very well recieved and popular, and there was a strong interest in seeing this car be used in a series. If the choice is to steer away from that, I want to keep moving along as we have been with the current 2 series running parallel or running the Porsche series exclusively. But, for the sake of options, see the edit including an option 5.

First of all, thank you very much again for your time and efforts that you put into both racing series @llNovall . It‘s much a appreciated :cheers:

1 - Option 3: (BMW, then re-up as is)
2 - Option 5: (Porsche S3, and Gr4 using GS Class only in current format or a new Gr4 series with p/w ratios in line with V8 Supercars specs)
3 - Option 1 (re-up as is)
4 - Option 2: (BMW, then bi weekly Porsche)
5 - Option 4: (longer bi weekly Porsche Season 3)

For me the best option would be:
BMW, then Porsche S3, and Gr4 using GS Class only in current format or a new Gr4 series with p/w ratios in line with V8 Supercars specs

Last edited:
It is very kind of you to ask for our input. Really the only viable option is “whatever the heck Nova wants to do as long as he keeps running his bad ass races.” But I’ll still answer the question you asked.

1 Option 2: (BMW, then bi weekly Porsche)
2 Option 1 (re-up as is):
3 Option 3: (BMW, then re-up as is)
4 Option 4: (longer bi weekly Porsche Season 3)
5 Option 5: (Porsche S3, and Gr4 using GS Class only in current format or a new Gr4 series with p/w ratios in line with V8 Supercars specs)

I vote this way because it allows some optimism that PD will deliver but still gives us racing when they don’t.

5 - Option 1 (re-up as is):
1 - Option 2: (BMW, then bi weekly Porsche)
2 - Option 3: (BMW, then re-up as is)
3 - Option 4: (longer bi weekly Porsche Season 3)
4 - Option 5: (Porsche S3, and Gr4 using GS Class only in current format or a new Gr4 series with p/w ratios in line with V8 Supercars specs)

Last edited:
My list below from 1-5
  1. Option 2: (BMW, then bi weekly Porsche)
  2. Option 4: (longer bi weekly Porsche Season 3)
  3. Option 3: (BMW, then re-up as is)
  4. Option 1 (re-up as is):
  5. Option 5: (Porsche S3, and Gr4 using GS Class only in current format or a new Gr4 series with p/w ratios in line with V8 Supercars specs)
Wildcard: Open wheel series with the SF Formula cars?

As always thanks for your hard work and leveling the playing field as best as you can.

Last edited:
Change is always refreshing - keeps participants anticipating a new challenge.
Mainly, as stated before, I trust Nova's judgement, hard work, and his discernment about what will generate the best turnout.

5 - Option 1 (re-up as is):
2 - Option 2: (BMW, then bi weekly Porsche)
4 - Option 3: (BMW, then re-up as is)
3 - Option 4: (longer bi weekly Porsche Season 3)
1 - Option 5: (Porsche S3, and Gr4 using GS Class only in current format or a new Gr4 series with p/w ratios in line with V8 Supercars specs)

Thanks for letting us put in our 2.5 cents - Look forward to whatever is decided.

As you can tell I’m not a BMW fan. But I like trying new cars. What about something like the GR4 that forces us to drive a different car each race?

I'll be good with whatever is decided, however, since you asked, I'll put my selfish request below:

1 - Option 2: (BMW, then bi weekly Porsche)
2 - Option 5: (Porsche S3, and Gr4 using GS Class only in current format or a new Gr4 series with p/w ratios in line with V8 Supercars specs)
3 - Option 3: (BMW, then re-up as is)
4 - Option 1 (re-up as is):
5 - Option 4: (longer bi weekly Porsche Season 3)

Thanks to everyone so far who have shared their preferences. Still a bit to go, but everyone's opinion will help in decided the next steps.:cheers:

Hey hey peoples,
Thanks again Nova for all the organisation & admin to get these series running, I’ve really enjoyed them.
My preferences as follows:

1 - Option 4: (longer bi weekly Porsche Season 3)
3 - Option 2: (BMW, then bi weekly Porsche)
4 - Option 1 (re-up as is):
5 - Option 3: (BMW, then re-up as is)

If not a bi-weekly Porsche Cup, it would frankly be un-Australian of me not to go for a V8 Supercars-style comp.
Which would of course include a round at Bathurst ;)

See most of you shortly for the Michelin series!
:cheers:

Last edited:
To all drivers tagged and running or have run with either the Porsche or Michelin Series, please have a read through the following post. While we still have 3 events remaining in our current seasons, it isn't too early to start considering our next moves. Here are the options I'm considering:

At the end of this season's S2 Porsche and S1 Michelin series in the beginning of June, I want get a consensus of interest among the options below:

Option 1
Take a short break after the June '21 season's end, re-organize, and schedule new seasons for both series with minor rule tweeks in July '21, to run thru to June '22.

Option 2
-Run a 6 event Summer BMW M3 DTM Championship from late June '21 to early September '21, bi weekly, taking a 2 month break from the Porsche series.
-Then roll into a Restart of a bi weekly 12 event Porsche season 3 to run from Mid September '21 to early March '22. (with some minor tweeks and rule changes pertaining to success ballast and promotion)
(We would be placing the Michelin series on the shelf for this time frame in hopes to bring it back for GT7 with hopefully larger grid sizes to better support the multi class structure)
**the above 2 options give a strong probability of finishing with a strong attendance, and will have us tee'd up to go into GT7 fresh.**

Option 3
Run a 6 event Summer BMW M3 DTM Championship from late June to early September, bi weekly, taking a 2 month break from the Porsche and Michelin series.
-Re-organize both series during this time, and schedule new seasons for both series with minor rule tweeks to start in late September 21, to run thru to August '22.
**Only worry, is if GT7 releases early, would we have enough commitment to finish the seasons to their end**

Option 4
Take a month off, reorganize for a longer bi weekly 16 event Season 3, running the Porsche series (with minor rules tweeks) exclusively with the intention to start in mid July 21 to mid March 22.
This would be our run up to hopefully a GT7 2nd quarter 2022 release at which point we could decide what to do.

Option 5
Take a month off, reorganize to restart a Porsche Season 3 and a GS only Michelin Pilot Gr4 series *or* a V8 Supercar styled series using powered up and lightened Gr4 cars to run parallel as we do now.

Option 1 (re-up as is):
Option 5: (Porsche S3, and Gr4 using GS Class only in current format or a new Gr4 series with p/w ratios in line with V8 Supercars specs)

Then place your preferences numerically 1-5 with 1 being the highest preference. The group consensus will help decide our next moves going forward since our current are drawing closer and closer to their ends. Thanks again for everyone's commitment and input.

@Rob Brown /no1needs2perish (Platinum)
@llNovall /II-NOVA-II (Platinum)
@nmcp1 /nmcp1 (Platinum)
@TEX36 /TEX36 (Gold)
👍 @Phlano099 /Phlano_099 (Gold)-absent
@Roman_GT23 /Roman_GT23 (Platinum)
@Noob01_lmdead / rauljimenez76 (Gold)
👍 @Bologna_Duc /Bologna_Duc (Gold)
@GTR4MROD / GTR4MROD (Gold)
@Yugofan / Yugofan (Gold)
👍 @GTP_Guido / GTP_Guido (Gold)
@MrDonovan / MrDonovan (Gold)
@Harry Rowley/Harry Rowley (Gold)
@Stryker13 / DrSpyderPig (Platinum)
@MikeGrove /PX7-Grove (Platinum)
@IceWarden / Ice_Warden (Gold)
@GCimprezaFTW /GCimprezaFTW (Gold)
@Moby45 /Moby45 (Platinum)
@Missedapex420 /Missedapex420 (Gold)
@Granadier/TPC_Granadier (Platinum)
@Kermit_2142 / Kermit_2142 (Platinum)
@aedenmaddok / aedonmaddok (Gold)
@CANOWORMS1 / CANOWORMS1 (Gold)
@RadStewart / heated_seats (Gold)
@VetteVillain / VetteVillain (Gold)
@stelephant / stelephant
@JLBowler / JLBowler
@Fudman420/Fudman420
@Akzl298/Akzl298
Alright fellas. After getting some responses, the BMW idea seems to have a following among some and somewhat for others. As much as I'd like to run a small season for the Bimmer, I'd rather roll straight into our next seasons in July. We'll keep the Bimmer in our pocket for future Special Events.
Its quite obvious the Porsche series is well loved around here, so Season 3 is a 100% certainty.
The Michelin series in its multi class (GS/TCR) format will be placed on the shelf until gt7 tells us whether larger grids will be afforded. However, I have decided to begin testing on a GS Class only series using only Rwd V8, V10, V6 turbo cars...no fwd or awd will be allowed. Also, I'm angling this season and series to No Tuning...at least for this GS only Season.
See inside this Spoiler tab to see the direction I plan to take the series for next season.
Basically, what I've done for this season is taken the game gr4 bop as a starting point for all included cars. I then took every car I want to include and dropped 3% weight from the game bop spec, then added 17%hp to the game bop spec to bring the cars into a hotter and hopped up version of the GS/GT4 Class cars....think somewhere in between FIA GT4 and V8 SuperCar.

Here's are the base specs on cars chosen for series (Only rwd):
Base GT Sport BOP as of 4/8/21
Corvette: 380hp (92)/3183lbs(107)
Mustang: 399hp (101)/3210(104)
Nsx: 374hp(95)/3267(109)
Jaguar: 387hp(97)/3064(103)
Cayman: 357hp(94)/3181(111)
Aston: 383hp(96)/3064(103)
Bmw: 386hp(98)/3188(106)
Merc: 402hp(96)/3274(105)
Lexus: 398hp(95)/3056(99)
Mclaren: 371hp(93)/3095(108)
Supra: 374hp(95)/3194(105)
Viper: 386hp(90)/3210(104)
Ferrari: 370hp(99)/3124(105)
Genesis: 388hp(101)/3005(101)

Specs after changes:
+17%hp/-3% weight
Corvette: 451hp(109)/3095(104)
Mustang: 467hp(118)/3117(101)
Nsx: 441hp(112)/3177(106)
Jaguar: 455hp(114)/2976(100)
Cayman: 421hp(111)/3095(108)
Aston: 451hp(113)/2976(100)
Bmw: 453hp(115)/3097(103)
Merc: 473hp(113)/3181(102)
Lexus: 469hp(112)/2963(96)
Supra: 441hp(112)/3102(102)
Viper: 459hp(107)/3117(101)
Ferrari: 434hp(116)/3036(102)
Genesis: 453hp(118)/2917(98)

I'm in the process of seeing how close the cars stack up at these specs.

Here are the few cars I tested.. tuning prohibited, only hp/weight adjusted to new bop spec.
Corvette
Notes_210409_083421_f8c.jpg

Mustang
Notes_210409_083425_78d.jpg

Porsche
Notes_210409_083429_aa7.jpg

Supra
Notes_210409_083434_431.jpg

As you can see so far, the balancing is quite close, especially if you look at the optimal lap time shown for each. Laguna Seca was used for this trial, which favors the better braking and cornering cars by a few tenths. I'd expect it to swing the other direction on the big straightaway tracks. Pretty close so far. And the cars are a bit more raw and engaging to drive at their higher hp. More testing still to go. Also planning to do a driver bop balancing system as we use now, but piggy back a weight success ballast for podium finishers, and some weight concessions for drivers posting outside the top 10. The hope is by the 2nd-3rd event, any standouts would be leveled off with the field and further create the kind of racing we've come to enjoy. Feel free to do some of your own tests with the cars above.

Lobby settings are same as current series other than tuning being prohibited. Race mediun tires will continue to be our compound of choice. Let me know what you fellas think on this idea. If interest is strong for this idea, we'll go with it...if not, the plan will likely be a long bi-weekly Porsche Season 3 to hopefully roll us into GT7 next year.

I'll keep everyone up to date as this progresses forward. See many of you tonight for the Michelin Event #10.:cheers:

Last edited:
Should try the Porsche RSR 2017 for the Porsche series. That car is fantastic even with no tuning :)
The RSR is a full on GT3 tubular chassis race car and has been done many times over. The 911 GT3RS specs as we use it is far closer to the real GT3 Cup Porsches as the real cars are basically on the same frame, suspensions, and even the engine is nearly identical to the street version. I believe the series with these cars at their Cup like spec has become what it is because we use these cars and the challenges they present. Also, the Real Cup cars can be bought from the factory and raced...and the real cars are not easy to drive from everything I've read and heard on them. Changing to the RSR won't be an option for our Porsche series.
This may be wishful thinking, but if GT7 affords us with the new 992 GT3 Cup car, we would most certainly gravitate to that down the road. For now, this is what we have, and its pretty close to the Cup car spec and feel.

Last edited:

(Could the timing have been any better for this video :lol:)

Change is always good imo. Even if you keep the same car maybe switch up the event format/bop/tyre selection etc just to keep things fresh. I’ll be signing up again anyway but obv as reserve I will be going with the flow :cheers:.

(Could the timing have been any better for this video :lol:)

Change is always good imo. Even if you keep the same car maybe switch up the event format/bop/tyre selection etc just to keep things fresh. I’ll be signing up again anyway but obv as reserve I will be going with the flow :cheers:.

I'm typically a fan of change myself, but the following and continued interest in the Porsche series in its current form leads me to go with the "if its not broke don't fix it" approach. When the time comes that the interest fizzles, at that point it would be time to move on to another car/format. My hope honestly, as mentioned, is that Season 3 will be the last to use the GT3RS road car in hopes that a true Cup car can replace it. The 2 race sprint format has kind of become a staple of our series, running parallel to the real world style format, and I likely won't deviate from that. However, regarding change, there will be changes to the ballasting and promotion rules for Season 3 to help further the parity across the field for even closer racing. Stay tuned.:cheers:

Option 1

Option 2

Option 3

Option 4

Option 5

Option 1 (re-up as is):
Option 5: (Porsche S3, and Gr4 using GS Class only in current format or a new Gr4 series with p/w ratios in line with V8 Supercars specs).
1st choice; option 5, (either)
I like option 5 enough to not really give other rundown, but . . .
2nd choice; option 3
Edit: Just catching up. Seems great minds think a like!

Last edited:
Here's are the base specs on cars chosen for series (Only rwd):
Base GT Sport BOP as of 4/8/21
Corvette: 380hp (92)/3183lbs(107)
Mustang: 399hp (101)/3210(104)
Nsx: 374hp(95)/3267(109)
Jaguar: 387hp(97)/3064(103)
Cayman: 357hp(94)/3181(111)
Aston: 383hp(96)/3064(103)
Bmw: 386hp(98)/3188(106)
Merc: 402hp(96)/3274(105)
Lexus: 398hp(95)/3056(99)
Mclaren: 371hp(93)/3095(108)
Supra: 374hp(95)/3194(105)
Viper: 386hp(90)/3210(104)
Ferrari: 370hp(99)/3124(105)
Genesis: 388hp(101)/3005(101)

FYI the NSX and Jag Gr4's are AWD, although the Jag does drive pretty close to a RWD in terms of characteristics.

8214650451572852240_0.jpg

Race Event Details Post

Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge
Event #10,
Friday, April 23rd, 2020, 9pm est
at Laguna Seca
17:00 Clear

Race Event Settings and Details

Track: WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca
Time of Day: 17:00
Conditions: Clear
Race1 Laps: (29 laps/40+min), Fastest First
Race 2 Laps: (29 laps/40+min), Reverse Grid

Vehicle
'16 Porsche 911 GT3 RS
491hp
2723lbs
Tuning Permitted

Approx Avg lap time spread: hi 1:24's to hi 1:25's
Fastest lap Potential: mid 1:24's

Be sure to check your specs:
Success Ballast Chart and Driver Roster

-Above are all the Event #10 details for anyone who would like to get an early jump on some practice/lapping sessions.
Standard Lobby Settings
Basic Settings

Room Mode: Practice/Race
Room Privacy: Public *
Room Settings
Room Name: Snail Porsche GT3 Cup. Event #1-12 (Date)- Members only
Race Type: Race for Real
Fixed Room Ownership: No **
Max no of participants: 16
Required Sportsmanship Rating --
Required Sportsmanship Rating --
Track Settings
Track: As per Race Date
Select Condition: As per Race Date
Laps: # of laps to = 40 minutes
Race Settings
Start Type: Grid Start
Grid Order: R1: Fastest First / R2: Reverse Grid Based on Previous Results***
Grid
Boost: None
Slip Stream Strength: Real
Visible Damage: On
Mechanical Damage: Light
Tire Wear: 1x
Fuel Consumption: 1x
Initial Fuel: Default
Grip Red. On Wet Track / Track Edge: Real
Race Finish Delay: 120 sec
Overtaking System Usage Time Multiplier: Default
Qualifier Settings Time Limit: none
Qualifying Continuation Time: none
Tire Wear during Qualifying: N/A
Fuel Consumption Qualifying: N/A
Regulation Settings
Filter by Category: N500
Balance of Performance: Off
Power Limit: 491hp
Weight: 2723 lbs
Maximum Tire Rating: Racing Medium (RM)
Minimum Tire Rating: Racing Hard (RH)
Livery Restrictions: No Limit
Type of Racing Number: No Limit
Assign Car Number Automatically: None
Tuning: No Limit
Kart Usage: Off
Ghosting During Race: None
Shortcut Penalty: None
Wall Collision Penalty: None
Wall Collision Detection: Default
Side Contact Penalty: Off
Correct Vehicle Course After Wall Collission: Off
Replace Car at Course Out: Off
Flag Rules: Off
Limit Driving Options
Countersteering Assist: Prohibited
Active Stability Management (ASM): Prohibited
Driving Line Assist: Prohibited
Traction Control: Prohibited
ABS: No Limit
Auto-Drive: Prohibited

-Confirmation to Attend Post/Reminder will be posted to the thread by Friday, March 12th. Please look in on this thread and reply here or via psn.
(Any Drivers who wish to confirm attendance early may do so at any time).
Reminder: Reserve driver priority is based on date and time availability was confirmed.

See most of you for some practice sessions, and the rest of you on the 23rd. :cheers:.

Last edited:
Back