**COMPLETED** SNAIL-Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge Season 2 Champion: Roman_GT23

• Thread starter llNovall
  • 999 comments
LST
Not sure if I could commit the time yet, but i might want in if there is space
Glad to see your interested. I'll be sure to tag you and a few others after our final Event of Season 1 on June 5th. Should have 2-3 primary spots remaining, and then would be taking Reserves which have seen plenty of action as well throughout season 1, and many have found their way up to a primary spot as they opened up. Either way you would see plenty of opportunities to race.

"I have reviewed the Series Details and would like to compete in the Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge-presented by Snail.
Selected Team:JDX Racing (1 spots OPEN)
1.) Bologna_Duc/Bologna_Duc, No. 88, (Gold?)
2.)Xradkins/Xrad-11
With Car No.: (60)
Using: (livery pending)"

@ATG_SuperGT,
@LST
@JLBowler

1 Primary spot remaining which guarantees your entry as long as you confirm your attendance for an event and affords a dedicated livery. From there, Reserve roster entries will be accepted and are perfect for those that can't make the majority of races, but affords the opportunity to race as a fill in if available and needed. Reserve Liveries will be issued to you for the team needing coverage for an event. Typically 2-3 reserves are needed, and with 8 best performances of 12 events counting, Reserves are capable of being in the drivers point competition. Review the first post of this thread, and sign up if interested.

Friend Only Practice room open
-
0475-4337-9242-6299-0916

Closed for now

Last edited:
I think I can make that happen. Glad to have you back. I'll make the edits and get the links your way. Still haven't had a chance to get on my laptop for those decals you requested, since my wife is home using it for work, so it's still in the radar. See you on the grid and good luck tonight :cheers:

Don't even worry. Like I said, I'm in no rush. whenever you have free time. Thanks Nova!

S2 Porsche GT3 Cup Banner-1.png

Just a heads up to the following tagged Snails and a few others:
Season 1 of the Snail-Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge is winding down with its finale on June 5th at LeMans, and it has been a great season with alot of details that have been fine tuned and implemented along the way.

One big change for Season 2:

The multi-driver class format of Platinum and Gold Driver Classes, utilizing different Racing tire compounds (Platinum=RH, Gold=RM) will remain, however, there will be a weight success ballast system in place for podium finishers to dial in and bring the driver pace gaps even closer than we managed to find in Season 1. This will also afford a ladder process for graduating your way from Gold to Platinum throughout the season.
Another change, is teams are capped at 2 drivers per team with the total team count moving up to 8 from 7. Reserve drivers filling in for absentee primary drivers will be issued a pre-rendered livery of the team they are covering for. Points earned will count towards the season driver standings, and contribute to the team you are racing with for that event.

With that said, we have a large number of returning drivers from Season 1, leaving only 1 primary grid and team spot available. This spot affords a designated team to race for, and a dedicated livery for the series.
However, Reserve drivers are always needed, and typically 2-3 reserve drivers find an opening per Event. This is a great position for those who cannot commit to making every Event, but would like to race when available and needed. No set priority is given to the Reserve driver group. Simply be among the first few to confirm your availability for an upcoming event for the best chances at securing a spot. If a spot(s) become available due to report offs, the spot(s) are filled in priority of confirmation. (Also, Reserves do have the opportunity to bump into a primary spot: driver retires, no report no show, 3 consecutive missed race events...plenty of chances to race)

Take a look at the 1st post linked here:
Season 2: SNAIL-Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge TAKING SIGN UPS

If interested, follow the sign up instructions shown at the bottom of the linked post. Season set to start at the end of July, with at least 1, possibly 2 Exhibition race events to get any newcomers acclimated. Hope to see some new names added to the roster.

@Nicktune
@Uproar1141
@LST
@socalnatv
@Rednose58
@MikeGrove
@DublDee
@Harry Rowley
@NASCARNATE91
@Grandpa Money
@Kgffy
@N38824r
@Akzl298
@soundtiger95
@Fudman420
@Hothentic
@diehard racer
@MajorBlixem
@stelephant
@Alexrider007
@DrakeNSnake
@JLBowler
@HyperTwinz
@andypereyra01
@posi_wavE
@BPeacock2727
@JamCar0ne
@RayLag
@Banshee420
@Khash021
@RadStewart
@GTR4MROD
@Mark Elman
@ThomRos02

Also, be sure to take a look at the Snail Gr4-Michelin Pilot Cup Challenge thread as well. The roster is nearly full, but again, for our more casual or occasionally available Friday night racers, there is plenty of room on the Reserve list. Same bump process, but with dedicated car and livery of your choice.
SNAIL Gr4-Michelin Pilot Cup Challenge, Next Exhibition Event: Lago Maggiore West, 6/12

Last edited:
"I have reviewed the series details and would like to participate in this series as a reserve driver."
I'm a bit uncertain how much time I'll be able to spend on the game in the coming months, so I won't be taking a primary spot. Reserve will be perfect for me.

LST
"I have reviewed the series details and would like to participate in this series as a reserve driver."
I'm a bit uncertain how much time I'll be able to spend on the game in the coming months, so I won't be taking a primary spot. Reserve will be perfect for me.
Welcome to the series for Season 2 and glad to have you on the Reserve roster.:cheers:

I have reviewed the Series Details and would like to compete in the Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge-presented by Snail.
Selected Team: TPC
With Car No.: 66
Using: Season 1 livery
:cheers:...always jokes...lol
You've been on the roster:tup:

Welcome to the Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge as a Reserve driver for season 2. A pm will be sent to you shortly. Glad to have you with us.:cheers:

8071083857472914968_0.jpg

Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge

Event #1,
Friday, July 24
th, 2020
at Circuit de Barcelona
9pm est

Race Event Settings and Details

Track: Circuit de Barcelona
Time of Day: 16:30
Conditions: Clear
Race1 Laps: (22 laps/40+min), Fastest First
Race 2 Laps: (22 laps/40+min), Reverse Grid

Vehicle
'16 Porsche 911 GT3 RS
491hp
2723lbs
Tuning Permitted

Target lap time spread: 1:48.5-1:50.0

-Above are all the Event #1 details for anyone who would like to get an early jump on some practice/lapping sessions.
Standard Lobby Settings
Basic Settings

Room Mode: Practice/Race
Room Privacy: Public *
Room Settings
Room Name: Snail Porsche GT3 Cup. Event #1-12 (Date)- Members only
Race Type: Race for Real
Fixed Room Ownership: No **
Max no of participants: 16
Required Sportsmanship Rating --
Required Sportsmanship Rating --
Track Settings
Track: As per Race Date
Select Condition: Default
Laps: # of laps to = 40 minutes
Race Settings
Start Type: Grid Start
Grid Order: R1: Fastest First / R2: Reverse Grid Based on Previous Results***
Grid
Boost: None
Slip Stream Strength: Real
Visible Damage: On
Mechanical Damage: Light
Tire Wear: 1x
Fuel Consumption: 1x
Initial Fuel: Default
Grip Red. On Wet Track / Track Edge: Real
Race Finish Delay: 120 sec
Overtaking System Usage Time Multiplier: Default
Qualifier Settings Time Limit: none
Qualifying Continuation Time: none
Tire Wear during Qualifying: N/A
Fuel Consumption Qualifying: N/A
Regulation Settings
Filter by Category: N500
Balance of Performance: Off
Power Limit: 491hp
Weight: 2723 lbs
Maximum Tire Rating: Racing Medium (RM)
Minimum Tire Rating: Racing Hard (RH)
Livery Restrictions: No Limit
Type of Racing Number: No Limit
Assign Car Number Automatically: None
Tuning: No Limit
Kart Usage: Off
Ghosting During Race: None
Shortcut Penalty: None
Wall Collision Penalty: None
Wall Collision Detection: Default
Side Contact Penalty: Off
Correct Vehicle Course After Wall Collission: Off
Replace Car at Course Out: Off
Flag Rules: Off
Limit Driving Options
Countersteering Assist: Prohibited
Active Stability Management (ASM): Prohibited
Driving Line Assist: Prohibited
Traction Control: Prohibited
ABS: No Limit
Auto-Drive: Prohibited

-Confirmation to Attend Post/Reminder will be posted to the thread on Friday, July 17th. Please look in on this thread and reply here or via psn.
(Any Drivers who wish to confirm attendance early may do so at any time).
Reminder: Reserve driver priority is based on date and time availability was confirmed.

See most of you for the Snail Gr4-MPCC event, and the rest of you on Race night.

Last edited:
I’d love to join but not really smart enough to tune and afraid I probably can’t commit to the full season. Happy to help fill out the field if I can when you need a reserve though.
I'm happy to have you on the Reserve roster, but I do want to point out that only your 8 best scores out of the 12 events count toward your season standings. This allows you to miss up to 4 events. Figured I'd throw that out there for you to consider the primary spot. Also, in regards to the tuning, there is a "Link of Tunes" link in the first post of the thread with a multitude of tried and true tunes to use. Many /most of the drivers within the series try out the different ready made tunes until one fits their driving style and everyone has been forthright in sharing a new tune or tweak when they come up with something that feels good or gives good results. Either way, glad to have you on the roster. Open a pm with me when you get a chance so I can send some info pertaining to Reserve drivers and the process since your gtplanet settings won't allow for me to send one to you. Welcome to the series:cheers:

I'm happy to have you on the Reserve roster, but I do want to point out that only your 8 best scores out of the 12 events count toward your season standings. This allows you to miss up to 4 events. Figured I'd throw that out there for you to consider the primary spot. Also, in regards to the tuning, there is a "Link of Tunes" link in the first post of the thread with a multitude of tried and true tunes to use. Many /most of the drivers within the series try out the different ready made tunes until one fits their driving style and everyone has been forthright in sharing a new tune or tweak when they come up with something that feels good or gives good results. Either way, glad to have you on the roster. Open a pm with me when you get a chance so I can send some info pertaining to Reserve drivers and the process since your gtplanet settings won't allow for me to send one to you. Welcome to the series:cheers:
I would like to give the series a try. Had a lot of fun practicing the other day. Can you throw me in as a “floater”? I don’t want to take the last spot if there’s someone interested and can make all the races so keep it open for now. If nobody else signs up for it, count me in! Worst case, I’ll be a reserve. Thanks @llNovall!

Back