**COMPLETED** SNAIL-Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge Season 2 Champion: Roman_GT23

• Thread starter llNovall
  • 999 comments
Late night practice room to open 1030 pst (130am est) for our night owls.
Practice room open:

ID: 0475 4347 9901 7328 3396

Last edited:
Planning to open a practice room around 11:30pm est.

Rob and xrad had a room open.
Room closed

Last edited:
Team News, Changes, and Introductions

Alright Gentlemen,
Season 2 of the Snail-Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge series is almost upon us. We had a successful and great Season 1, and with some subtle changes to the teams structure and the new for season 2 implementation of success ballast, I expect this season to be even better. Our Roster is full with 16 full time primary drivers, and 7 Reserves signed up.

With the change of the teams structure going from 7 teams, with up to 3 drivers max per team to 8 teams with 2 drivers per team, we had some driver/team changes.
To start with, TOPP Racing was dropped from the list with the Moorespeed and Wright Motorsports teams being added to round out the 8 team roster. All other teams remain in the series. With these changes, came some driver moves.

6133990731281368068_0.jpg

To start, 2nd place in the teams championship, TPC Racing, had 2 drivers, sign with other teams, leaving a vacancy under the new rules, while @Rob Brown (#66), the Season 1 Drivers Champion remains. @llNovall (#4), Season 1's 2nd place points finisher, from Flying Lizard Motorsports and winner of the Teams Championship, has moved to his home state race team, TPC Racing in an effort to help bring home a second drivers championship for the team and to take the top spot in the Teams Championship for Season 2.

6125546475137041412_0.jpg

@Phlano099 (#44) remains at Flying Lizard Motorsports with @Roman_GT23 (#23) joining the team after making the move from JDX Racing. This pairing expects to present a continued challenge for the teams Championship, with both drivers having strong chances at a Drivers Championship run.

6269661671668614148_0.jpg

The ACI Motorsports team has remained intact with both drivers, @nmcp1 (#17) and @GCimprezaFTW (#55) returning. Despite this team having some driver turnover until the signing of GCimprezaFTW, they placed 3rd in teams points with the solid and consistent efforts by nmcp1.

5846318900595164172_0.jpg

JDX Racing has an entirely new drivers roster for Season 2. @Bologna_Duc (#88) left Kelly-Moss R&R to lead up his new team in the Coca Cola liveried Porsche with @Xradkins (#60) as his team member. Keep an eye on this driver duo, as they could potentially be a formidable challenger for the season.

6278110308411146252_0.jpg

@Moby45 (#59) continues to race with Kelly-Moss R&R in his Brumos livery Porsche with @DesertPenguin (#99) coming from TPC Racing. Both drivers performed well despite late or limited entries throughout the 1st season. With their full time efforts, both drivers are more than capable of placing Kelly-Moss R&R toward the top.

6278110319553315844_0.jpg

NGT Motorsports retained @TomMang_68 (#68) from Season 1, and gained @MBarry (#11) from the series retired team, TOPP Racing. Tom had a batch of mid pack finishes, and hope's to better his performance for this season. @MBarry was a late Season 1 entry with only 3 events raced, but performed very well for 2 of the race events with an early retirement in the final race. Expect MBarry to be a strong contender in the drivers points race for Season 2.

Moorespeed and Wright Motorsports are our new team entries for Season 2.

6124983534243316740_0.jpg

Austin, Texas based team, Moorespeed, recruited hometown driver @TEX36 from TPC Racing, who was a major contributor to a successful Teams points run for season 1, finishing 6th in drivers points. The team also reached out and paired him up with @Noob01_lmdead from NGT Motorsport. Both were very solid contenders in Season 1, and should put up a solid effort in Moorespeed's inaugural season for this series. Good luck to the team and drivers.

6269661671867842564_0.jpg

And Lastly, Wright Motorsports has signed @PrivateSmiles (#7) from Kelly-Moss R&R, and new to our series @RadStewart (#45) to make a showing in their opening season in the series. Welcome, and good luck to the team and drivers.

All teams have a Reserve car on the ready with a strong group of Reserve drivers to fill in when needed.

Good luck to all our teams and drivers for our opening race this Friday, 7/24 and for the season.:cheers:

Pre-Race Brief to be posted tomorrow afternoon. Also, we may still have 1 open grid spot to fill if not confirmed by @PrivateSmiles by 5pm est today. Any Reserve drivers interested in racing tomorrow night, please reply here. Catch you all tomorrow

Last edited:
Team News, Changes, and Introductions

Alright Gentlemen,
Season 2 of the Snail-Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge series is almost upon us. We had a successful and great Season 1, and with some subtle changes to the teams structure and the new for season 2 implementation of success ballast, I expect this season to be even better. Our Roster is full with 16 full time primary drivers, and 7 Reserves signed up.

With the change of the teams structure going from 7 teams, with up to 3 drivers max per team to 8 teams with 2 drivers per team, we had some driver/team changes.
To start with, TOPP Racing was dropped from the list with the Moorespeed and Wright Motorsports teams being added to round out the 8 team roster. All other teams remain in the series. With these changes, came some driver moves.

View attachment 943042
To start, 2nd place in the teams championship, TPC Racing, had 2 drivers, sign with other teams, leaving a vacancy under the new rules, while @Rob Brown (#66), the Season 1 Drivers Champion remains. @llNovall (#4), Season 1's 2nd place points finisher, from Flying Lizard Motorsports and winner of the Teams Championship, has moved to his home state race team, TPC Racing in an effort to help bring home a second drivers championship for the team and to take the top spot in the Teams Championship for Season 2.

View attachment 943043
@Phlano099 (#44) remains at Flying Lizard Motorsports with @Roman_GT23 (#23) joining the team after making the move from JDX Racing. This pairing expects to present a continued challenge for the teams Championship, with both drivers having strong chances at a Drivers Championship run.

View attachment 943044
The ACI Motorsports team has remained intact with both drivers, @nmcp1 (#17) and @GCimprezaFTW (#55) returning. Despite this team having some driver turnover until the signing of GCimprezaFTW, they placed 3rd in teams points with the solid and consistent efforts by nmcp1.

View attachment 943045
JDX Racing has an entirely new drivers roster for Season 2. @Bologna_Duc (#88) left Kelly-Moss R&R to lead up his new team in the Coca Cola liveried Porsche with @Xradkins (#60) as his team member. Keep an eye on this driver duo, as they could potentially be a formidable challenger for the season.

View attachment 943047
@Moby45 (#59) continues to race with Kelly-Moss R&R in his Brumos livery Porsche with @DesertPenguin (#99) coming from TPC Racing. Both drivers performed well despite late or limited entries throughout the 1st season. With their full time efforts, both drivers are more than capable of placing Kelly-Moss R&R toward the top.

View attachment 943048
NGT Motorsports retained @TomMang_68 (#68) from Season 1, and gained @MBarry (#11) from the series retired team, TOPP Racing. Tom had a batch of mid pack finishes, and hope's to better his performance for this season. @MBarry was a late Season 1 entry with only 3 events raced, but performed very well for 2 of the race events with an early retirement in the final race. Expect MBarry to be a strong contender in the drivers points race for Season 2.

Moorespeed and Wright Motorsports are our new team entries for Season 2.

View attachment 943049
Austin, Texas based team, Moorespeed, recruited hometown driver @TEX36 from TPC Racing, who was a major contributor to a successful Teams points run for season 1, finishing 6th in drivers points. The team also reached out and paired him up with @Noob01_lmdead from NGT Motorsport. Both were very solid contenders in Season 1, and should put up a solid effort in Moorespeed's inaugural season for this series. Good luck to the team and drivers.

View attachment 943050
And Lastly, Wright Motorsports has signed @PrivateSmiles (#7) from Kelly-Moss R&R, and new to our series @RadStewart (#45) to make a showing in their opening season in the series. Welcome, and good luck to the team and drivers.

All teams have a Reserve car on the ready with a strong group of Reserve drivers to fill in when needed.

Good luck to all our teams and drivers for our opening race this Friday, 7/24 and for the season.:cheers:

Pre-Race Brief to be posted tomorrow afternoon. Also, we may still have 1 open grid spot to fill if not confirmed by @PrivateSmiles by 5pm est today. Any Reserve drivers interested in racing tomorrow night, please reply here. Catch you all tomorrow

Chris and Rob. I love you guys but you are now my enemies. :) I need to bring some hurt with me this season for KMR. A full season and a full time team mate should help out. Good luck everybody this season lets make it fun!

Chris and Rob. I love you guys but you are now my enemies. :) I need to bring some hurt with me this season for KMR. A full season and a full time team mate should help out. Good luck everybody this season lets make it fun!
Looking down the competition list puts fear in me. One teensie weensie slip and there’ll be someone there to foreclose on your orphanage - with no remorse.

Looking down the competition list puts fear in me. One teensie weensie slip and there’ll be someone there to foreclose on your orphanage - with no remorse.

This is very true. Good talent rolling around here.

That's why I choose you and Chris to be the rivals. Need to focus my challenge on 1 team rather than all haha.

This is very true. Good talent rolling around here.

That's why I choose you and Chris to be the rivals. Need to focus my challenge on 1 team rather than all haha.
Very good talent, and the teams are all very strong. Can't help feeling a few team rivalries will form through this season. Also, as success ballast and driver attendance become factors over the season, the team points race could be fun to watch. And, then there is the driver to driver Championship. Great group of drivers for a great season ahead.:cheers:

S2 Event 1 Porsche GT3 Cup Spotter png file.png

Pre-Race Drivers Briefing
Event #1
at Circuit de Barcelona
July 24th, 2020

Gentlemen, IT'S RACE DAY!!
Season 2 of the Snail Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge is set to begin in about 6 hours. We have a great roster of drivers, with many returning from Season 1, and a few new entries for Season 2. Welcome back, and welcome to our new drivers. Season 1 presented some intense and very competitive racing, and Season 2 is expected to take the close racing even further.
As a reminder to our returning drivers and advice to our new drivers, consistency and zero mistakes yield great results. Be patient. Many of the battles you will engage in for this series will be far more than a few corners....more like numerous laps to execute some passes, with some battles lasting nearly a whole race for a position (Season 1 Drivers can attest to this). And, every position will present a challenge, whether it is for 1st or for 10th. Know where your strengths are on a given circuit to stage your pass attempts, and on the sections where you struggle for the pace, focus on car placement and defense. Every position and point will count at the end of the season.

As always, Drivers are reminded to be patient in the opening laps, especially in the opening tight corners. Observe your racing lines, avoid contact as much as possible, concede when necessary, and most of all be aware of hitting your braking points while adjusting for draft speed.

Also, I would like to point out to all drivers, that if you feel or seem like your a little off the pace in these opening events, podium finishers on the night will be receiving success ballast weight adds. As the season progresses, those who finish strong in the Gold Class will either find themselves weight handicapped or graduated up to the Platinum Class, and Platinum Class Drivers will be weight handicapped to bring them within striking distance of the rest of the field. The result is Driver parity evolving into an even closer range of pace, bringing in even closer racing across the field.
See Tab 2.3 in the first post if you haven't already for details. Race for the long game.

Race Room opens for entry and warmup at 9pm est. Please verify you are on the correct tires and in the correct livery. All entries must be in before qualifying which is set to start at 9:15pm est.
(Primary Party Chat will be opened just before the room creation)

**Please be reminded that the grid will be set manually after qualifying to allow drivers to return to the lobby to perform the "NO ABS Bug" work around. See below:
1.) After qualifying, exit track to lobby, but do not cancel your entry (green check mark must stay selected)
2.) Go to your "Options" icon, change/verify your desired settings
3.) Go to "Members List" at top of the screen to verify everything is right.
4.) Wait for race to start.
This sequence must be done before race 2 as well, so repeat the steps above between races. (No need to cancel entry)**

Our roster is set for the night. Looks like we will have 15 on the grid for tonight, pending any last minute Reserves stepping up.
We had 2 primary drivers report absent, and 1 no reply before deadline. 2 Reserves have already been assigned their entries, with 1 grid spot remaining open. Remaining Reserves have been messaged.
Below is our grid for tonight:

Event #1 Driver Roster
👍 @Rob Brown/no1needs2perish (Platinum)
👍 @llNovall/II-NOVA-II (Platinum)
👍 @nmcp1/nmcp1 (Platinum)
👍 @TEX36/TEX36 (Gold)
👍 @Phlano099/Phlano_099 (Gold)
👍 @Roman_GT23/Roman_GT23 (Platinum)
👍 @Moby45/Moby45 (Platinum)
👍 @DesertPenguin/DesertPenguin (Gold)
👍 @GCimprezaFTW/GCimprezaFTW (Gold)
👍 @Bologna_Duc/Bologna_Duc (Gold)
👍 @MBarry/Matt_M8__ (Platinum)
👍 @Xradkins/xrad-11 (Platinum)
👍 @RadStewart/ heated_seats (Gold)
👍 @GTR4MROD /GTR4MROD (Gold) 1st Reserve
👍 @Yugofan/ Yugofan (Gold) 2nd Reserve
👍 @SAMHAIN85 /SAMHAIN85 (Platinum) 3rd Reserve

Remaining Reserve Drivers
(no specific priority order until confirmed available)
@LST/ Duce_LST (Platinum)
@AColon/ Dioready (Gold)
@Mark Elman/ LmanKram7 (Gold)

(X) @Noob01_lmdead/ rauljimenez76 (Gold)-Reported Absent
(X) @TomMang_68/OMG_MANG (Gold)- Reported Absent
(X) @PrivateSmiles/PrivateSmiles (Gold)-missed confirmation deadline
(X) @GTP_Guido/ GTP_Guido (Gold)- Reported Unavailable (Reserve)
(X) @Kermit_2142/ Kermit_2142 (Platinum) reported absent.

Any Reserve interested in racing tonight, please pm me by 8pm est so I can get the required livery sent to you.

For everyone else, good luck to all drivers and teams for tonight's opening event and for the Season. See you all on the grid:cheers:

Last edited:
If no one takes the spot I might take it but I’ve had a busy week so I may fall asleep by then. I will let you know later on if I’m still up :lol:
Kermit, I'm going to pencil you in. I'll pm you the Wright Motorsports livery link for you to run tonight. Thanks for the reply.:cheers:

@Kermit_2142
If your still up and wanna fire that system back up, we just had a last minute drop off by GCimprezaFTW of ACI Motorsports. A spot is still open if you want to race. Let me know as I'll have to send the livery for this team. If not, looks like we will run at 15 tonight.

Back