**COMPLETED** SNAIL-Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge Season 2 Champion: Roman_GT23

• Thread starter llNovall
  • 999 comments
Running a full length race tonight or tomorrow (Australia time), will put lobby details up at the time.

In the one full-length run I’ve done so far I made it without a stop by short-shifting a little, and was down to 0.0 laps left as I crossed the line. Which is cutting it pretty fine... :)

Hey guys! I would like to join the series as a reserve driver. If possible I’d like to race on Friday

:)
Great practice session with you tonight, and glad to have you with us as a Reserve Driver. I will have you added to the scoresheets and drivers roster, and add you to the Reserve Drivers Newsfeed.
- @DesertPenguin is our 1st Reserve and is already set to cover Rauljimenez76 for Moorespeed.
With your signup and immediate confirmation to be available for this Friday, you are the next Reserve to cover. I will notify you of any absence. Welcome, and glad to have you with us for the series.:cheers:

Alright. Who picked this track? This is worse than that Yamigawa combo last season! :mad::banghead:. I'll definitely be back on RM after this race ;)

I can't even stare at a high 2:13 RN let alone a 2:12.
Nope, not fallin' for it...lol. In all seriousness, pace is found gradually on this circuit...so many places to gain or loss big. Also, fuel strategy will be a factor. Im sure you'll get those times down as we get to Friday. :cheers:
And, RM are never gonna happen..lol;)

Nope, not fallin' for it...lol. In all seriousness, pace is found gradually on this circuit...so many places to gain or loss big. Also, fuel strategy will be a factor. Im sure you'll get those times down as we get to Friday. :cheers:
And, RM are never gonna happen..lol;)

At least give him Sport Softs. That way he will have a soft tire option. Haha

Haha while you think I may or may not be spouting BS. I am still trying to get used to my upgrade and the 911 is not the answer (unless I find a magic setup since Pirianos isn't even saving my bacon).

I noticed the lack of fuel in practice. It maybe my only chance at a good result

Attachments

• IMG_20200821_095012.jpg
    IMG_20200821_095012.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 13
Haha while you think I may or may not be spouting BS. I am still trying to get used to my upgrade and the 911 is not the answer (unless I find a magic setup since Pirianos isn't even saving my bacon).

I noticed the lack of fuel in practice. It maybe my only chance at a good result

Is that your setup?

Not Porsche Cup related, but found this Historic Trans Am Sprint race at Sebring. Its mentioned that these are not replicas, but the real deal cars cleaned up and re-readied for racing...hence the almost overly careful racing, but still a fun watch. Enjoy .

Not Porsche Cup related, but found this Historic Trans Am Sprint race at Sebring. Its mentioned that these are not replicas, but the real deal cars cleaned up and re-readied for racing...hence the almost overly careful racing, but still a fun watch. Enjoy .

You should watch Touring Car Master's series(Australia's version of this). They race like they are winning $500k at the end

Well dude. No wonder you struggle with that rig (awesome), it has no "Cup Holder"!
upload_2020-8-27_9-37-33.jpeg

Is that your setup?

It's my new current setup graduating from a G27 with drivehub

Well dude. No wonder you struggle with that rig (awesome), it has no "Cup Holder"!
View attachment 952823

I actually do have a cup holder, it's just not pictured :P , but it's on the lower right for me. I like your placement better, but that's where my shifter would be lol

@TomMang_68 of NGT Motorsport did not reply by the 5pm est Thursday deadline, and therefore forfeits the grid spot for Event #2.

@MikeGrove
You are our next Reserve Driver confirmed available and will be racing the NGT Motorsport No. 27 Porsche alongside @GTP_Guido for the team points effort. A pm with livery link will follow shortly.
Please confirm you recieved this with a reply. Congratulations and looking forward to racing with you tomorrow night.:cheers:

Hi Peoples: practice lobby up for some full-length race testing
0475-4294-6174-8666-0676

If someone joins I’m happy to do a proper race, otherwise I’m just going to smash out 18 laps before I log into work for the day :)

*Room Closed*

Last edited:
Hi Peoples: practice lobby up for some full-length race testing
0475-4294-6174-8666-0676

If someone joins I’m happy to do a proper race, otherwise I’m just going to smash out 18 laps before I log into work for the day :)

*Room Closed*
Thanks for joining me @RadStewart & Bologna!

Was good to get an 18-lap run in. For the record, I need to work on fuel management a little more... ran out of gas 200m before the finish line :D

Yes, you were 1st Reserve covering Rauljimenez76 for Moorespeed. See the reserve driver newsfeed for the announcement post and link for your No. 6 livery. See you tomorrow night.
Okay, take me back off because I've got the IRS Roadster Cup. We just started so I'm gonna be out for a bit longer.

S2 Event 2 Porsche GT3 Cup Spotter png file.png

Pre-Race Drivers Briefing
Event #2
at Circuit de Sainte Croix-B
August 28th, 2020

Gentlemen, we have just over 24 hours to go before our Event #2 Race night starts 👍👍👍.
Season 2 of the Snail Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge started off strong with a great opening event at Barcelona, with many long and intense battles all across the field.
Now we are on to Sainte Croix on the B layout for Event #2. This track presents numerous technical and challenging corners that can reward immensely or punish harshly. Also, due to the long high speed straightaways, fuel strategy will be a factor. Be sure to get those practice and testing laps in before race time.

As a reminder to all drivers, please verify your weight, and apply any issued and required success ballast based on the chart HERE

Also, drivers are reminded that this series now implements a success ballast and class graduating structure. Be sure to secure as many points as you can, even if its towards the back side of the grid....They add up over the 2 races.
See Tab 2.3 in the first post if you haven't already for Success Ballast details.

Race Room opens for entry and warmup at 9pm est. Please verify you are on the correct tires and in the correct livery. All entries must be in before qualifying which is set to start at 9:15pm est.
(Primary Party Chat will be opened just before the room creation)

**Please be reminded that the grid will be set manually after qualifying to allow drivers to return to the lobby to perform the "NO ABS Bug" work around. See below:
1.) After qualifying, exit track to lobby, but do not cancel your entry (green check mark must stay selected)
2.) Go to your "Options" icon, change/verify your desired settings
3.) Go to "Members List" at top of the screen to verify everything is right.
4.) Wait for race to start.
This sequence must be done before race 2 as well, so repeat the steps above between races. (No need to cancel entry)**
Our roster is set for tomorrow night. Looks like we will have a full 16 drivers on the grid with @DesertPenguin and new to the series @MikeGrove filling in as Reserves for Moorespeed and NGT Motorsport.
DesertPenguin has rescinded his entry for Event #2 for the Moorespeed team. We currently are at 15 drivers on the grid. If there are any available Reserve drivers, please reply below and I will pm the link for the Moorespeed Reserve livery.

@Kermit_2142 on possible stand by.

Below is our grid for tonight:

Event #1 Driver Roster
@Rob Brown /no1needs2perish (Platinum)
@llNovall /II-NOVA-II (Platinum)
@nmcp1 /nmcp1 (Platinum)
@TEX36 /TEX36 (Gold)
@Phlano099 /Phlano_099 (Gold)
@Roman_GT23 /Roman_GT23 (Platinum)
@Moby45 /Moby45 (Platinum)
@Bologna_Duc /Bologna_Duc (Gold)
@Xradkins /xrad-11 (Platinum)
@RadStewart / heated_seats (Gold)
@GTR4MROD / GTR4MROD (Gold)
@Yugofan / Yugofan (Gold)
@GTP_Guido / GTP_Guido (Gold)
@MrDonovan / MrDonovan (Gold)
[USER=290822]@DesertPenguin[/USER] (Gold) (1st Reserve)
@MikeGrove /PX7-Grove (Platinum) (2nd Reserve)
Open Grid Spot, No. 6 Moorespeed

Remaining Reserve Drivers
(no specific priority order until confirmed available)
(?) @Kermit_2142 / Kermit_2142 (Platinum)
@SAMHAIN85 / SAMHAIN85 (Platinum)
@LST / Duce_LST (Platinum)
@AColon / Dioready (Gold)
@Mark Elman / LmanKram7 (Gold)
@PrivateSmiles /PrivateSmiles (Gold)
@standucci
@BB25

(X) @Noob01_lmdead/ rauljimenez76 (Gold)-Reported Absent
(X) @TomMang_68/OMG_MANG (Gold)- Missed confirmation deadline
(X) @GCimprezaFTW /GCimprezaFTW (Gold)-Reported Absent

Any remaining Reserve drivers who are interested in being on standby if needed, please reply in the thread by 8pm est Friday night.

For everyone else, good luck to all drivers and teams. See you all on the grid:cheers:

Last edited:
View attachment 952950
Pre-Race Drivers Briefing
Event #2
at Circuit de Sainte Croix-B
August 28th, 2020

Gentlemen, we have just over 24 hours to go before our Event #2 Race night starts 👍👍👍.
Season 2 of the Snail Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge started off strong with a great opening event at Barcelona, with many long and intense battles all across the field.
Now we are on to Sainte Croix on the B layout for Event #2. This track presents numerous technical and challenging corners that can reward immensely or punish harshly. Also, due to the long high speed straightaways, fuel strategy will be a factor. Be sure to get those practice and testing laps in before race time.

As a reminder to all drivers, please verify your weight, and apply any issued and required success ballast based on the chart HERE

Also, drivers are reminded that this series now implements a success ballast and class graduating structure. Be sure to secure as many points as you can, even if its towards the back side of the grid....They add up over the 2 races.
See Tab 2.3 in the first post if you haven't already for Success Ballast details.

Race Room opens for entry and warmup at 9pm est. Please verify you are on the correct tires and in the correct livery. All entries must be in before qualifying which is set to start at 9:15pm est.
(Primary Party Chat will be opened just before the room creation)

**Please be reminded that the grid will be set manually after qualifying to allow drivers to return to the lobby to perform the "NO ABS Bug" work around. See below:
1.) After qualifying, exit track to lobby, but do not cancel your entry (green check mark must stay selected)
2.) Go to your "Options" icon, change/verify your desired settings
3.) Go to "Members List" at top of the screen to verify everything is right.
4.) Wait for race to start.
This sequence must be done before race 2 as well, so repeat the steps above between races. (No need to cancel entry)**
Our roster is set for tomorrow night. Looks like we will have a full 16 drivers on the grid with @DesertPenguin and new to the series @MikeGrove filling in as Reserves for Moorespeed and NGT Motorsport.
DesertPenguin has rescinded his entry for Event #2 for the Moorespeed team. We currently are at 15 drivers on the grid. If there are any available Reserve drivers, please reply below and I will pm the link for the Moorespeed Reserve livery.

@Kermit_2142 on possible stand by.

Below is our grid for tonight:

Event #1 Driver Roster
@Rob Brown /no1needs2perish (Platinum)
@llNovall /II-NOVA-II (Platinum)
@nmcp1 /nmcp1 (Platinum)
@TEX36 /TEX36 (Gold)
@Phlano099 /Phlano_099 (Gold)
@Roman_GT23 /Roman_GT23 (Platinum)
@Moby45 /Moby45 (Platinum)
@Bologna_Duc /Bologna_Duc (Gold)
@Xradkins /xrad-11 (Platinum)
@RadStewart / heated_seats (Gold)
@GTR4MROD / GTR4MROD (Gold)
@Yugofan / Yugofan (Gold)
@GTP_Guido / GTP_Guido (Gold)
@MrDonovan / MrDonovan (Gold)
[USER=290822]@DesertPenguin[/USER] (Gold) (1st Reserve)
@MikeGrove /PX7-Grove (Platinum) (2nd Reserve)
Open Grid Spot, No. 6 Moorespeed

Remaining Reserve Drivers
(no specific priority order until confirmed available)
(?) @Kermit_2142 / Kermit_2142 (Platinum)
@SAMHAIN85 / SAMHAIN85 (Platinum)
@LST / Duce_LST (Platinum)
@AColon / Dioready (Gold)
@Mark Elman / LmanKram7 (Gold)
@PrivateSmiles /PrivateSmiles (Gold)
@standucci
@BB25

(X) @Noob01_lmdead/ rauljimenez76 (Gold)-Reported Absent
(X) @TomMang_68/OMG_MANG (Gold)- Missed confirmation deadline
(X) @GCimprezaFTW /GCimprezaFTW (Gold)-Reported Absent

Any remaining Reserve drivers who are interested in being on standby if needed, please reply in the thread by 8pm est Friday night.

For everyone else, good luck to all drivers and teams. See you all on the grid:cheers:
Hi Nova - looking fwd to tomorrow’s racing :)

Apologies if this is common knowledge, but what’s the “No ABS glitch” thingy about? Cheers

Hi Nova - looking fwd to tomorrow’s racing :)

Apologies if this is common knowledge, but what’s the “No ABS glitch” thingy about? Cheers
Good data, and thanks for the updates.
The ABS glithch "might" still be an issue where sometimes if your on track and the race is started, some drivers may experience a slippery effect and a feeling of weak abs. To offset this, we qualify, I then take the order and set the grid manually. At this time, everyone can follow the instructions. I will then start the race from the lobby screen. This guarantees no issues. It does seem that even if you do not perform the sequence and the race is started from the manual grid prompt while everyone is greened up and off track, that all is fine. For all we know it is no longer an issue, but we still do to be sure.

Good data, and thanks for the updates.
The ABS glithch "might" still be an issue where sometimes if your on track and the race is started, some drivers may experience a slippery effect and a feeling of weak abs. To offset this, we qualify, I then take the order and set the grid manually. At this time, everyone can follow the instructions. I will then start the race from the lobby screen. This guarantees no issues. It does seem that even if you do not perform the sequence and the race is started from the manual grid prompt while everyone is greened up and off track, that all is fine. For all we know it is no longer an issue, but we still do to be sure.
Ah cool - makes sense, cheers mate

Back