S2 Porsche GT3 Cup Spotter SVG file main primary roster.png

Snail Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge

Season Event #3
at Spa Francorchamps
Friday, October 2nd, 2020
at 9:00pm est
Confirmation Reminder Post
To all Drivers tagged in this post:
Please confirm your status by posting here in the thread or via PSN message that you "will" or "will not" be racing by 5pm Thursday (day before race night) to secure your grid spot and/or to adhere to the confirmation/absentee policy.

Below are links for easy reference for policies, procedures, and series information for anyone who needs them.

1st/Main Porsche Cup Challenge Post-All.necessary info is here

Ballast Tracking Sheets and Drivers Roster

See Tab 1.3 for Race Night Schedule and Qualifying procedure

Confirmation and Absentee Policy

Reserve Driver Process and Information

A reminder to the Reserve Drivers:
-open/available grid spot priority on race night is given to the Reserve drivers who confirm their attendance first. Whether you confirmed early, or after the Confirmation Reminder Post is posted, your confirmation of availability date and time will be referenced for priority on race night. Confirm early to give you the best chances to race if abcense(s) occur.

Anyone with a ๐Ÿ‘ has been confirmed and noted to be present for Friday, October 2nd. Everyone else, please confirm, here in the thread or via PSN message, that you "will" or "will not" make it no later than 5pm est Thursday (day before race night)
*Please reply either way*

Looking forward to our next race at:

Spa Francorchamps Event #3 Race Details link
<<(Link has all Race Night Information to set up for practice lobbies.) See you all on track.:cheers:

๐Ÿ‘= will be present
(X)= notified of absence
(?)= Questionable

Primary Drivers List (16)
๐Ÿ‘ @Rob Brown /no1needs2perish (Platinum)
๐Ÿ‘ @llNovall /II-NOVA-II (Platinum)
๐Ÿ‘ @nmcp1 /nmcp1 (Platinum)
๐Ÿ‘ @TEX36 /TEX36 (Gold)
๐Ÿ‘ @Phlano099 /Phlano_099 (Gold)
๐Ÿ‘ @Roman_GT23 /Roman_GT23 (Platinum)
๐Ÿ‘ @Noob01_lmdead / rauljimenez76 (Gold)
๐Ÿ‘ @Moby45 /Moby45 (Platinum)
๐Ÿ‘ @Bologna_Duc /Bologna_Duc (Gold)
๐Ÿ‘ @Xradkins /xrad-11 (Platinum)
(X) @RadStewart / heated_seats (Gold)
๐Ÿ‘ @GTR4MROD / GTR4MROD (Gold)
๐Ÿ‘ @Yugofan / Yugofan (Gold)
๐Ÿ‘ @GTP_Guido / GTP_Guido (Gold)
๐Ÿ‘ @MrDonovan / MrDonovan (Gold)
๐Ÿ‘ @MikeGrove /PX7-Grove (Platinum)

Reserve Drivers
(no specific priority order until confirmed available)
๐Ÿ‘ @DesertPenguin (Gold) 2nd Reserve
@SAMHAIN85 / SAMHAIN85 (Platinum)
(X) @GCimprezaFTW /GCimprezaFTW (Gold)
(?) @Kermit_2142 / Kermit_2142 (Platinum)
(X) @BB25
๐Ÿ‘ @Harry Rowley 1st Reserve
(X) @TomMang_68 /OMG_MANG (Gold)

**All Drivers, please verify your Car weight HERE

See many of you on track for some practice sessions, and the rest of you on the 2nd.

Btw, I plan to have a few night owl practices this weekend and after work next week around midnight est.

Last edited:
Will be available as a reserve for next race.

Can anyone share practice schedule please? Thank you snailers...

Iโ€™m off to my Covid test! Yippee....
Gotcha marked as 1st reserve confirmed available. I will notify you if/when there is an absence reported. Thanks for the reply and hope all is well on the Rona test.:cheers:

BTW, set this thread to "Watch" status to get notifications when drivers open practice rooms. Most will post a room id number.

Last edited:
SNAIL-Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge (Season 2): Event #3 at Spa Francorchamps, Friday, 10/2/20, 9pm est

@Roman_GT23
@Yugofan
@MikeGrove

A reminder to the above drivers, be sure to confirm your status for Event #3 at Spa no later than Thursday, 5pm est to maintain your priority for this event. Thanks, and hope to see you fellas on the grid.:cheers:
Sorry @llNovall. Iโ€™m tentative at best for now. Iโ€™ll be there if I can fix my PS4 connection problem but no idea what that fix is yet...

Sorry @llNovall. Iโ€™m tentative at best for now. Iโ€™ll be there if I can fix my PS4 connection problem but no idea what that fix is yet...
I saw a few of your posts in the main Snail thread. Take a look at Amazon for long ethernet cables. My wife just ordered one , 100 ft for 15.00 (Cat 6), and I know home depot/lowes/best buy have 50ft for around the same. As Rednose mentioned, maybe consider running a temporary line for race nights or try to snake it through the floor if able. Wired is the way to go. Surprised you have not had issues before on wireless connection.

Geez donโ€™t say that man - Iโ€™m connecting via wireless from bl00dy Australia! :lol:
Have a look here next time you can't connect or just get dropped from your router: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wi-Fi#Interference

One day you decided to get that 'new' high speed internet. Great (All your mates will love you for it)! Well, that's mostly true until you tell them you can't connect all of a sudden. So you say the connection is WIRELESS. Then the sh1+ starts flying. Yes, get a cable. You see (if you read the link I gave you), some one has been given a wireless channel that is the same as yours. Now it's like having a talk with a pretty girl in a loud night club (at least she's a looker). Some words can't be made out, but you nod anyway. LOL.

Wireless is easily interfered with by other WIFI signals (the neighbors) being strong, or yours being blocked by stuff around your sacred man cave. Good luck!

Last edited:
Have a look here next time you can't connect or just get dropped from your router: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wi-Fi#Interference

One day you decided to get that 'new' high speed internet. Great (All your mates will love you for it)! Well, that's mostly true until you tell them you can't connect all of a sudden. So you say the connection is WIRELESS. Then the sh1+ starts flying. Yes, get a cable. You see (if you read the link I gave you), some one has been given a wireless channel that is the same as yours. Now it's like having a talk with a pretty girl in a loud night club (at least she's a looker). Some words can't be made out, but you nod anyway. LOL.

Wireless is easily interfered with by other WIFI signals (the neighbors) being strong, or yours being blocked by stuff around your sacred man cave. Good luck!
I finished my dump before I could get to the end of the link but did get your analogy of nodding at the pretty girl in the loud bar though. So youโ€™re saying Iโ€™m never gonna get laid unless I have hard connection??

T-minus 3 days and 5 hours. Get those practice laps in. Battles for positions will be long and challenging. Spent a 5 lap practice run with @Xradkins last night... 5 laps of trying to get around, just to come up a few tenths short at the finish line. I'm expecting every fight for position to be like this on Friday. Get ready ;)

T-minus 3 days and 5 hours. Get those practice laps in. Battles for positions will be long and challenging. Spent a 5 lap practice run with @Xradkins last night... 5 laps of trying to get around, just to come up a few tenths short at the finish line. I'm expecting every fight for position to be like this on Friday. Get ready ;)
I think there's a shorter track if you haven't tried it. Might be faster. LOL

S2 Event 3 Porsche GT3 Cup Spotter png file alt livery.png

Pre-Race Drivers Briefing
Event #3
at Spa Francorchamps
October 2nd, 2020

Spa....what an awesome track. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘.

We are on our way to Spa Francorchamps for Event #3 of Snail Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge series. This track is expected to deliver on numerous long, enduring, and intense battles over the 2 race event. Some of our faster paced Gold Class drivers will likely have their own battles at the front in Race 1, but expect to see alot of defensive and strategic driving from our Platinum Class drivers to fend them off in Race 2. With Spa having limited places to pass without losing too much time, every overtake will take some work. Also, as is the case at most of our longer circuits, fuel strategy could possibly be a factor. Be sure to get those practice and testing laps in before race time.

As a reminder to all drivers, please verify your weight, and apply any issued and required success ballast based on the chart HERE

Also, drivers are reminded that this series now implements a success ballast and class graduating structure. Be sure to secure as many points as you can, even if its towards the back side of the grid....They add up over the 2 races.
See Tab 2.3 in the first post if you haven't already for Success Ballast details.

Race Room opens for entry and warmup at 9pm est. Please verify you are on the correct tires and in the correct livery. All entries must be in before qualifying which is set to start at 9:15pm est.
(Primary Party Chat will be opened just before the room creation)

**Please be reminded that the grid will be set manually after qualifying to allow drivers to return to the lobby to perform the "NO ABS Bug" work around. See below:
1.) After qualifying, exit track to lobby, but do not cancel your entry (green check mark must stay selected)
2.) Go to your "Options" icon, change/verify your desired settings
3.) Go to "Members List" at top of the screen to verify everything is right.
4.) Wait for race to start.
This sequence must be done before race 2 as well, so repeat the steps above between races. (No need to cancel entry)**
Event #3 Grid and Roster Status
Great potential turnout for this event. 15 of our Primary Drivers have confirmed attending with 1 reserve set to fill in for a full 16 driver field.
@RadStewart / heated_seats (Gold) of Wright Motorsports has reported absent for the event and will be covered by our 1st available reserve, @Harry Rowley in the No. 20 Wright Motorsports Porsche. Good luck to him on his first race event of the series.:cheers:
@DesertPenguin, please remain on standby if needed.

Below is our grid for Friday night:
@Rob Brown /no1needs2perish (Platinum)
@llNovall /II-NOVA-II (Platinum)
@nmcp1 /nmcp1 (Platinum)
@TEX36 /TEX36 (Gold)
@Phlano099 /Phlano_099 (Gold)
@Roman_GT23 /Roman_GT23 (Platinum)
@Noob01_lmdead / rauljimenez76 (Gold)
@Moby45 /Moby45 (Platinum)
@Bologna_Duc /Bologna_Duc (Gold)
@Xradkins /xrad-11 (Platinum)
@GTR4MROD / GTR4MROD (Gold)
@Yugofan / Yugofan (Gold)
@GTP_Guido / GTP_Guido (Gold)
@MrDonovan / MrDonovan (Gold)
@MikeGrove /PX7-Grove (Platinum)
@Harry Rowley/Harry Rowley 1st Reserve

Reserves on Standy:
@DesertPenguin 2nd Reserve
[USER=308658]@Kermit_2142[/USER] possibly available if needed

Any remaining Reserve drivers who are interested in being on standby if needed, please reply in the thread by 8pm est Friday night.

For everyone else, good luck to all drivers and teams. See you all on the grid:cheers:

Last edited:
[
Below is our grid for tonight:
@Rob Brown /no1needs2perish (Platinum)
@llNovall /II-NOVA-II (Platinum)
@nmcp1 /nmcp1 (Platinum)
@TEX36 /TEX36 (Gold)
@Phlano099 /Phlano_099 (Gold)
@Roman_GT23 /Roman_GT23 (Platinum)
@Noob01_lmdead / rauljimenez76 (Gold)
@Moby45 /Moby45 (Platinum)
@Bologna_Duc /Bologna_Duc (Gold)