**COMPLETED** SNAIL-Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge Season 2 Champion: Roman_GT23

• Thread starter llNovall
  • 999 comments
Heads up Gents,
I will be heading to the Mountains in Western MD tomorrow afternoon, and will likely be off the grid til Sunday other than occasional connections. Feel free to run some practice rooms as needed. Any questions or posts, I'll get back with everyone on Sunday.

Also, I should have some late night practice sessions going next week for the night owls..see some of you guys then.

So a 13.080 with less than a 1/2 tank left...:cheers:

When we ran on Tuesday we did 6 lap races to allow for tweaks between, will run some longer ones next time 12 to 14 laps.
I ran a full length trial race this morning against the AI.
They’re awful drivers, but I wanted to have to deal with other cars on the track...
Most of my not-traffic-affected laps were low/mid 13s, but I somehow pulled a 12.4 on lap 10, then an 11.7 on the last lap (when fuel was getting low).
Going to do some work to get more consistent by next weekend 👍

I ran a full length trial race this morning against the AI.
They’re awful drivers, but I wanted to have to deal with other cars on the track...
Most of my not-traffic-affected laps were low/mid 13s, but I somehow pulled a 12.4 on lap 10, then an 11.7 on the last lap (when fuel was getting low).
Going to do some work to get more consistent by next weekend 👍
Those are some very strong times, and looks like you will be toward the fast side of the pace. Be mindful and take the above times with a grain of salt as offline pace is always faster than the online times. Usually expect about a 0.5 sec difference from offline to online.... which is still quite fast. See ya on race night if not earlier.:cheers:

Those are some very strong times, and looks like you will be toward the fast side of the pace. Be mindful and take the above times with a grain of salt as offline pace is always faster than the online times. Usually expect about a 0.5 sec difference from offline to online.... which is still quite fast. See ya on race night if not earlier.:cheers:
Cheers mate - and for sure, once there’s other humans on the track & the adrenaline’s pumping, I’d expect my pace to suffer ;)

After MrDonovan left the practice session, we snuck into his pit garage a swiped a pair of leftover Racing Medium compound tires to burn up. Here were the results:
20200821_020851.jpg

Last edited:
Fellas, join me for an early morning practice tomorrow before the wife starts hassling you. 9 am EST, 6 am for you west coasters, 3 pm for Guido, 11 pm for Donny.

I'll host for probably 2 hours.

Ku0yEbj.jpg

Happy to be down to a low 14. Yesterday I managed a high 12, but that was thanks to Guido's slip, and I was holding on so tightly that I couldn't process the subtleties of what he was doing. That guy is QUICK here.

I'll be hosting another practice lobby tomorrow night, probably around 9 pm EST.

@Bologna_Duc
@TomMang_68
Reminder to the above primary drivers:
Be sure to reply with your confirmation to attend or report to be absent by this Thursday, 8/27/20, 5pm est to maintain your grid priority for Event #2 this Friday at Sainte Croix-B.

If any of the following Reserve Drivers are available, please reply with your interest to race if needed. If not available for this event, but would like to remain on the Reserve Driver Roster to be tagged for future events, simply reply as such. In an attempt to clean up the roster for additional interested and prospective Reserves, any Reserve drivers tagged below that have not raced and do not reply will be assumed to no longer be interested, and will be removed from the roster.
@SAMHAIN85 / SAMHAIN85 (Platinum)
@GCimprezaFTW /GCimprezaFTW (Gold)
@Kermit_2142 / Kermit_2142 (Platinum)
@LST / Duce_LST (Platinum)
@AColon / Dioready (Gold)
@Mark Elman / LmanKram7 (Gold)
@PrivateSmiles /PrivateSmiles (Gold)
@standucci
@BB25

Thanks for everyone's continued communication and cooperation.
II-NOVA-II

It is almost here. I am ready
I'm still in the working progress.
FYI to all drivers:
PREPARE YOURSELF FOR A FUEL STRATEGY.

Race length for each race is 18 laps to equal 40+minutes each. It is possible to make it without a pistop for fuel, but will require some strategy in transmission gearing choice and where in the revs you chose to shift. Because of the long enduring straight aways and high speed (similar to LeMans), the Porsches under full tilt will run out before race's end requiring a pitstop for fuel. Have a plan on the ready. Also, if choosing to pit, be sure to select the correct tire option or no tire change at all. Replays will be reviewed to verify drivers remained on the correct tires. This is one of the few events in the season schedule that will require some additional strategy rather than the typical all out race to the finish. The formal Pre-Race Driver Briefing will be out on Thursday evening est. I encourage all drivers to get some practice as pace is found very gradually, and as mentioned, fuel strategy will be a factor in this event. I will try to have late evening practice rooms up every night this week at around 10:30-11pm est. See some of you then, and the rest on race night.
TPC Racing Cars are ready.
PS_Messages_20200825_132042~2.jpg

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back