• Thread starter llNovall
  • 999 comments
Porsche GT3 Cup - Practice Lobby open
0475-4315-4248-9200-7492

9 in the Lobby so far.
Raul fast at 2:22.9
XRad at 2:25.4 so far

Last edited:
Anyone give me a quick brief on how to get the livery onto my car?

Yes kids, I am someone whom doesn’t know?!

You can giggle all you want? Lol....

Brilliant practice tonight. Thank you folks...
Hi Harry Rowley. Hit the link below, and it will take you to the gran-turismo.com site, directly to that livery. Select "Add to Collection".
From there, go in game to your garage and select your Porsche. In your garage, go to where you would find your livery choices. At the top right if the screen is a drop menu.. select "Collection". You'll find it in there.
https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gts...lery/all/livery/1138839/1/7926974169630146584

Also, be sure check out the tuning link below for a list of tunes if you haven't already. My latest tune is the "xrad/nova tweeks" tune, but there should be one to suit your driving style.
List of tunes

Any further questions, let me know, and good luck tomorrow night:cheers:

Might be some helpful information, and well worth the time:

https://team.valvoline.com/racing/5-tips-driving-fast-race-track

A common misconception about racing is that it’s easy. Yes, we can all put the pedal to the floor and speed around an empty track, but there’s much more to it than that. There are a lot of dream chasers and weekend warriors out there hitting the track at various levels of experience, and while learning from doing is the best practice it’s wise not to aim for top speeds before doing your research.

Next time you hit up a race track consider your strategy before gunning it. Consider these tips that Eric the Car Guy picked up at the Bondurant® school in Phoenix.

5 Tips for Driving Fast on a Race Track
  • Be smooth. Jerky movements on the steering wheel and treating the brakes and accelerator like on/off switches are not the way to go. ...
  • Drive about two vehicle lengths ahead of where you are. ...
  • Most of us have been taught to hold the steering wheel at 10 and 2 o'clock. ...
  • Brake late. ...
  • Learn the track.

Might be some helpful information, and well worth the time:

https://team.valvoline.com/racing/5-tips-driving-fast-race-track

A common misconception about racing is that it’s easy. Yes, we can all put the pedal to the floor and speed around an empty track, but there’s much more to it than that. There are a lot of dream chasers and weekend warriors out there hitting the track at various levels of experience, and while learning from doing is the best practice it’s wise not to aim for top speeds before doing your research.

Next time you hit up a race track consider your strategy before gunning it. Consider these tips that Eric the Car Guy picked up at the Bondurant® school in Phoenix.

5 Tips for Driving Fast on a Race Track
  • Be smooth. Jerky movements on the steering wheel and treating the brakes and accelerator like on/off switches are not the way to go. ...
  • Drive about two vehicle lengths ahead of where you are. ...
  • Most of us have been taught to hold the steering wheel at 10 and 2 o'clock. ...
  • Brake late. ...
  • Learn the track.

I hold 9 and 3. Not a lot of people do 10 and 2 very much anymore. Especially in stage rally.

Official Event #3 Race room is open
ID: 0475 4315 6063 3759 6484

Party chat open

Good luck to everyone tonight:cheers:

@Harry Rowley, I apologized last night in chat before realizing you couldn't hear me. A very strange incident we had together. At the time I thought it was a minor contact bump but that it might have pushed you onto the grass causing the loss of control.

@llNovall ,

I watched the race 1 replay again. At the end of lap 10 (race time 23:52) I got a slightly better exit out of the final chicane. As I closed and caught Harry I moved to the middle so he wouldn't trap me against the wall. From the start/finish line we both edged slightly towards each other. Just before the banner we bumped. At the moment it seemed minor contact but it significantly upset Harry's car causing him to push me into the opposite grass. Definitely not Harry's fault.

Duc

@Harry Rowley, I apologized last night in chat before realizing you couldn't hear me. A very strange incident we had together. At the time I thought it was a minor contact bump but that it might have pushed you onto the grass causing the loss of control.

@llNovall ,

I watched the race 1 replay again. At the end of lap 10 (race time 23:52) I got a slightly better exit out of the final chicane. As I closed and caught Harry I moved to the middle so he wouldn't trap me against the wall. From the start/finish line we both edged slightly towards each other. Just before the banner we bumped. At the moment it seemed minor contact but it significantly upset Harry's car causing him to push me into the opposite grass. Definitely not Harry's fault.

Duc
I did see that, and had a good look at it. Looked awkward...as if there was a lag spike or some other issue. @Harry Rowley , let me know what happened from your end. Both of you neither gained nor lost anything to each other. Maybhave a few others have a look, but it likely will come down to a random racing incident.

7277821409517143040_0.jpg

Post Race Report
Event #3
at Spa Francorchamps
October 2nd, 2020

Event #3 at Spa Francorchamps is in the books, and delivered on a very competitive and closely contested event for just about every position in both races.
Across the field, we saw some amazing passing, unrelenting defense, and countless door to door engagements...everything this series has attempted to afford.
Some notables:
*The enduring 3 way battle of @Phlano099 @Noob01_lmdead, and @MikeGrove and the final corner pass in Race 2 by @MikeGrove
(And the insane pace of 2:21.7's on Race Hards by @MikeGrove, and the low 2:21's of @Phlano099, @Yugofan, and a few others on the Race Mediums in Gold Class):nervous:
* @Xradkins holding up a multiple car attack for numerous laps with some great car placement and defense.
* nice battle between @llNovall and @nmcp1 in race 1
* Intense battle between myself and @Bologna_Duc in Race 2...had to defend like life depended on it. (Poor @Yugofan got stuck behind me as well earlier in that race...great race with you as well)
* Many 2-3 car battles all over the remainder of the field. Have a look at the replays, Broadcasts, and photos below...certainly worth the look.
* @Harry Rowley on his inaugural race event of the series...hope you enjoyed it and come back for more. Great racing 👍
We did have a few noticeable incidents, but as this is a peer to peer governed series, reviews of such incidents will only occur if formally reported. If anyone would like to have an incident reviewed, please pm me with a description and timestamp no later than this Wednesday, 8pm est.
Overall, Great racing to everyone across the grid.:cheers:

Congratulations to our Event #3 Winner @Phlano099 :cheers:
and our top 3 overall:
1ST: @Phlano099
2ND: @MikeGrove
3RD: @Bologna_Duc

Ballast adjustments have been posted. A 2% weight ballast was added for our winner, and a 1% weight ballast add for our 2nd and 3rd place finishers. (On this note, both @Phlano099 and @Bologna_Duc have requested bypassing the ballast/graduating process and asked to be promoted to the Platinum Class for all remaining events of Season 2. Both drivers have their car weight defaulted back to base, but will now race on the Race Hard tires as issued for the Platinum Class. Congratulations and good luck to both of you. :cheers:

Screenshot_20201005-065008_Sheets.jpg
Screenshot_20201005-065032_Sheets.jpg
Screenshot_20201005-065117_Sheets.jpg

Screenshot_20201003-025958_Sheets.jpg
Race 1

Race 2

For Actual Replays, use in game search tag:
snailgt3cup

As always,, Great Racing to all Drivers who attended Event #3:cheers:
Next Event:
Event #4 at
Nurburgring GP
8:00 Clear
on Friday, October 23rd, 9pm est.

Drivers are welcomed and encouraged to confirm attendance/availability anytime.
Race event details and confirmation reminder posts to come over the next week.

See some of you on October 9th for the Michelin event, and the rest on the 23rd.

Last edited:
@Moby45
Got ya, thanks sir.
Will you be racing this Friday in the Michelin Series?

Yes I will be there for that. I should be making all of those races.

I'm just taking a race off from this series. I haven't had any fun the past 3 races and despise the next track, lol. So I am going to take a race off and try to figure out the car more for the next race after.

View attachment 962978
Post Race Report
Event #3
at Spa Francorchamps
October 2nd, 2020

Event #3 at Spa Francorchamps is in the books, and delivered on a very competitive and closely contested event for just about every position in both races.
Across the field, we saw some amazing passing, unrelenting defense, and countless door to door engagements...everything this series has attempted to afford.
Some notables:
*The enduring 3 way battle of @Phlano099 @Noob01_lmdead, and @MikeGrove and the final corner pass in Race 2 by @MikeGrove
(And the insane pace of 2:21.7's on Race Hards by @MikeGrove, and the low 2:21's of @Phlano099, @Yugofan, and a few others on the Race Mediums in Gold Class):nervous:
* @Xradkins holding up a multiple car attack for numerous laps with some great car placement and defense.
* nice battle between @llNovall and @nmcp1 in race 1
* Intense battle between myself and @Bologna_Duc in Race 2...had to defend like life depended on it. (Poor @Yugofan got stuck behind me as well earlier in that race...great race with you as well)
* Many 2-3 car battles all over the remainder of the field. Have a look at the replays, Broadcasts, and photos below...certainly worth the look.
* @Harry Rowley on his inaugural race event of the series...hope you enjoyed it and come back for more. Great racing 👍
We did have a few noticeable incidents, but as this is a peer to peer governed series, reviews of such incidents will only occur if formally reported. If anyone would like to have an incident reviewed, please pm me with a description and timestamp no later than this Wednesday, 8pm est.
Overall, Great racing to everyone across the grid.:cheers:

Congratulations to our Event #3 Winner @Phlano099 :cheers:
and our top 3 overall:
1ST: @Phlano099
2ND: @MikeGrove
3RD: @Bologna_Duc

Ballast adjustments have been posted. A 2% weight ballast was added for our winner, and a 1% weight ballast add for our 2nd and 3rd place finishers. (On this note, both @Phlano099 and @Bologna_Duc have requested bypassing the ballast/graduating process and asked to be promoted to the Platinum Class for all remaining events of Season 2. Both drivers have their car weight defaulted back to base, but will now race on the Race Hard tires as issued for the Platinum Class. Congratulations and good luck to both of you. :cheers:

Race 1

Race 2
To be posted soon

For Actual Replays, use in game search tag:
snailgt3cup

As always,, Great Racing to all Drivers who attended Event #3:cheers:
Next Event:
Event #4 at
Nurburgring GP
8:00 Clear
on Friday, October 23rd, 9pm est.

Drivers are welcomed and encouraged to confirm attendance/availability anytime.
Race event details and confirmation reminder posts to come over the next week.

See some of you on October 9th for the Michelin event, and the rest on the 23rd.

Be sure to checkout our photo section contributed by a few shutter bugs that help add to the drama in this group.

7422500649072328712_0.jpg

Attention Drivers
***Vote Needed***

This is a vote to implement the same Re-Grouping Caution/Yellow Flag process that has been successfully used in the Snail Gr4-Michelin Pilot Cup Challenge series for the remainder of the Snail Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge series or leave the series as it is without Cautions. Keep in mind, while this does afford drivers of an incident the opportunity to get back to the field and continue to race for positions rather than just race and finish solo, it does shake up the field on the restart. Please review the process details and requirements to issue a Caution shown below:
Yellow Flag/Cautions Process
Since this series is a (2) 40 minute race format, we will be instituting a "Called Caution/Yellow Flag" feature to regroup the field in the event of an incident. (1 Caution available for each Race)
The following processes and rules will apply:
1.) ALL Drivers must enter and remain in the 16 driver party chat whether they have a Mic or not. (Chat audio will come through your monitor/tv for those without a headset.)
2.) Mics must be muted at all times, Except:
a.) When a driver verbally requests a caution/yellow flag, or
b.) When the Host/Race Director grants and calls the "Full Course Caution", or directions during Caution (Green this lap, etc)

*NO OTHER VERBAL CONVERSATION IS ALLOWED DURING THE RACE*
3.) Drivers should continue racing until the Host/Race Director verbally calls out:
"Full Course Caution"
4.) Single Car accidents or "off-tracks" are not permitted to request a Caution at any time. (This can be cause for distraction and will be met with a penalty assessed post race)
5.) At least (2) Drivers of any size incident must request a Caution for it to be issued.
6.) ALL drivers must slow to 65-70 mph, single file, and avoid any contact with other cars.
7.) A maximum of (1) Cautions/Yellow Flags per Race will be afforded. (If there are incidents after a caution was granted, we will stay Green Flag.)
8.) NO PIT STOP. This is a regrouping caution only.
9.) The Caution period will be the remainder of the lap when the Caution was granted and 1 complete lap.

How to Call for a Caution:
(At least (2) Drivers of any size incident must request a Caution for it to be issued.)
1.) Verbally over Mic, say: "Caution Requested, by (your name)"
OR:
if No Mic, text in the chat box: "cr" or "Caution"
(If no response from the Host/Race Director within 10 seconds, request again)

2.) Host/Race Director will respond:
"Full Course Caution" when acknowledged.
(Drivers should continue to race until the Caution is acknowledged and issued)

Play by Play Process during a "Full Course Caution"
Once "Full Course Caution" is called:
1.) The Overall race leader becomes our pace car and is to gently slow to 65-70 mph, with all drivers catching up and slowing to the 65-70 mph pace speed, single file and in the position they were in when the Caution was issued
2.) Overall Race Leader is to pace the field for the remainder of the lap when the Caution was issued and 1 complete lap.
3.) All drivers are expected to be grouped up by the start of the final sector during the complete lap.
(Race Director will announce "Track Green at Starting Line"
4.) At the end of the "complete" lap, exiting the final corner, the leader will maintain the 65-70mph pace speed and all drivers should be ready on approach to the start/finish line.
5.) Track is back to Green Flag when the leading car clears the start/finish line.

Please reply here in the thread "For" or "Against" a Caution process for remainder of the series.

Reserve Drivers have been tagged to be included and kept up to date and are welcome to vote, however, only Primary Driver votes will count toward the 75% (12 of 16 drivers) required to implement.

Voting Deadline:
this Thursday, 10/8/20 by 5pm est.
Any drivers who do not reply by the deadline will be considered indifferent and will be marked "For".

👍 = For
(X) =Against

Primary Roster
(X) @Rob Brown /no1needs2perish (Platinum)
👍 @llNovall /II-NOVA-II (Platinum)
👍 @nmcp1 /nmcp1 (Platinum)
👍 @TEX36 /TEX36 (Gold)
(X) @Phlano099 /Phlano_099 (Gold)
(X) @Roman_GT23 /Roman_GT23 (Platinum)
👍 @Noob01_lmdead / rauljimenez76 (Gold)
👍 @Moby45 /Moby45 (Platinum)
@Bologna_Duc /Bologna_Duc (Gold)
👍 @Xradkins /xrad-11 (Platinum)
@RadStewart / heated_seats (Gold)
@GTR4MROD / GTR4MROD (Gold)
(X) @Yugofan / Yugofan (Gold)
👍 @GTP_Guido / GTP_Guido (Gold)
👍 @MrDonovan / MrDonovan (Gold)
(X) @MikeGrove /PX7-Grove (Platinum)

Reserve Drivers
(no specific priority order until confirmed available)
@DesertPenguin (Gold)
@SAMHAIN85 / SAMHAIN85 (Platinum)
@GCimprezaFTW /GCimprezaFTW (Gold)
@Kermit_2142 / Kermit_2142 (Platinum)
@Harry Rowley/Harry Rowley (Gold)

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back