*COMPLETED* SNAIL-Porsche GT3 SuperCup Challenge: Congrats to our Season 3 Champ, fruitloop31!!Finished 

• Thread starter llNovall
  • 1,140 comments

Who's open to moving this Series to ACC after this season in Sept. '22?

• I have a PS5 and a copy of ACC and am ready to race for next season.

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • I have a PS5, and would purchase ACC to continue racing the Porsche Cup

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • I am getting PS5 soon and would purchase ACC to be ready to race in Sept. '22

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • I plan to get the PS5, but won't have it by September.

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • I have no plans to get the PS5 in the short term.

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters
I still don't understand how certain drivers are still on RM....
Yet to find consistency. It's one thing to be fast, it's another to be consistent and able to navigate traffic. By design, the RM tires is the crutch to help them establish the consistency and confidence enough to survive if/when they promote. If they don't find it, their pace may be strong, but their points finish is still average or sub par. One thing is for certain this season...any ballast incurred by a Gold Driver stays until promoted. Only 2 drivers have successfully promoted to Platinum to remain competitive and they know who they are. 😉
Let the ballast system do its work...there is a long season ahead....and with your pace on RH, I suspect you will do well. I on the other hand am struggling, but did only get about 15-20 laps logged yesterday...Upper 2:04's atm. I expect to find mid-hi 2:04's consistently by race time.
See you tonight, and good luck.

@llNovall, I apologize for the late notice but I feel that it will be best if I withdraw my participation for tomorrow’s event. I have had a lot going on lately and I’ll likely need to commit my time tomorrow evening elsewhere. I hope you understand.

Regards,
Bambi
All good sir. Thanks for the communication. Hope to catch you at our next one in a few weeks. :cheers:

Last edited:
Last edited:
Yet to find consistency. It's one thing to be fast, it's another to be consistent and able to navigate traffic. By design, the RM tires is the crutch to help them establish the consistency and confidence enough to survive if/when they promote. If they don't find it, their pace may be strong, but their points finish is still average or sub par. One thing is for certain this season...any ballast incurred by a Gold Driver stays until promoted. Only 2 drivers have successfully promoted to Platinum to remain competitive and they know who they are. 😉
Let the ballast system do its work...there is a long season ahead....and with your pace on RH, I suspect you will do well. I on the other hand am struggling, but did only get about 15-20 laps logged yesterday...Upper 2:04's atm. I expect to find mid-hi 2:04's consistently by race time.
See you tonight, and good luck.
So does this mean if I finish outside the top 5 for the event I will have some of my anvil chipped off with a jack hammer? :sly:

Im going to be able to make it if needed. Let me know what livery is needed. :cheers:
Awesome, you most certainly will be needed tonight. Here is the livery for tonight:

See you on the grid, and good luck. :cheers:
Use this Number 2 version. Thanks.

S3 Porsche GT3 Cup Spotter SVG file Event #2.png

Pre-Race Drivers Briefing
Event #2
at Suzuka Circuit
September 10th, 2021

Tonight, we're back at Suzuka. Expect intense battles, with many places to challenge for position....but be sure to choose the spots wisely. Defense will be in full effect, especially against the lower paced drivers in each class. As usual, patience, minimal mistakes, and great lap consistency yields the best results.
Good luck to all drivers attending tonight.
A reminder to all drivers to be patient, especially in the opening laps and busy race traffic. Hold your lines and observe your opponent's corner rights when in close battles. Lets continue to uphold the standards that Snail is known for.
No specific areas of question.
2 wheels inside the white line on runoff areas, or on the red/white curbing at all times.
1631307923385.png
Fuel should not become a factor for this event, but be mindful to adjust if necessary.

As a reminder to all drivers, please verify your weight, and apply any issued and required success ballast based on the chart HERE.

Also, drivers are reminded that this series implements a success ballast and class graduating structure. Be sure to secure as many points as you can, even if its towards the back side of the grid....They add up over the 2 races in the event night.
See Tab 2.3 in the first post if you haven't already for Success Ballast details.

Race Room opens for entry and warmup at 9pm est. Please verify you are on the correct tires and in the correct livery. All entries must be in before qualifying which is set to start at 9:15pm est.
(Primary Party Chat will be opened just before the room creation)

Event #2 Grid and Roster Status
For Event #2, we will be a few drivers lite, pending any last minute Reserves. We currently have 13 set for tonight, with @Rotary_Pilot tentative, and 2 vacant grid spots waiting for Drivers.
1.) @IceWarden of NGT Motorsport has reported absent for the event and will be covered by our 1st confirmed available reserve @Fudman420 in the No. 2 NGT Motorsport Porsche .

(2) Reserve drivers are needed to fill the following:
JDX Racing (to cover @socalnatv ) in the #86 JDX Racing Porsche
ACI Motorsports (to cover @LSGtheSkyChef) in the #17 ACI Motorsports Porsche

Please reply below or message me up to 9pm est if any Reserves would like to race. Livery will be sent to you.

Below is our grid for Friday night:
@llNovall /II-NOVA-II (Platinum)
@Phlano099 /@Phlano_099 (Platinum)
@Roman_GT23 /Roman_GT23 (Platinum)
@MrDonovan /MrDonovan (Gold)
@Deal24 /fullerbunch (Gold)
@Yugofan /Yugofan (Platinum)
@Harry Rowley /Harry_Rowley_10 (Gold)
@Rotary_Pilot /Rotary_pilot13 (Gold)
@Noob01_lmdead /rauljimenez76 (Gold)
@IceWarden /Ice_Warden (Gold)
@LSGtheSkyChef / distant_crowd2 (Gold)
@socalnatv /Sand_68 (Platinum)

@Clean Racer /GentlemanRacing (Gold)
@fruitloop31 / fruitloop31 (Platinum)
@MikeGrove / (Platinum)
@JDMKING13 / jdmking13 (Gold)
@Fudman420 /Fudman420 (Gold) 1st R
Open spot
Open spot

Reserve Drivers (no specific priority order)
@aedenmaddok /aedonmaddok (Gold)
@GTP_Guido /TPC_Guido (Gold)
@Kermit_2142 /Kermit_2142 (Platinum)
@Rob Brown /no1needs2perish (Platinum)
@GTR4MROD /GTR4MROD (Gold)
@Stryker13 /DrSpyderPig (Platinum)
@Moby45 /Moby45 (Platinum)
@Bambi / GTP_Bambi (Platinum)
@Bologna_Duc / Bologna_Duc (Platinum)

Any additional Reserves available, please reply if interested in Racing tonight.
Lets have a clean and competitive race night typical of our Snail standards, and good luck to all drivers on the grid for Event #2.

Last edited:
Well, I won't make it. I got called in to work and won't be able to get on in time. Especially since I haven't downloaded the recent update. Sorry guys.

I was really looking forward to this event.

Watched both replays just now. Truly incredible racing. Despite the results, I think that @fruitloop31 was the man. @MikeGrove and @Roman_GT23 were absolutely determined. Great job you 2. The poor series promoter @llNovall . . . weeellll, better luck next time. In the second race, the leader's mistake really put you in a precarious situation that didn't pan out. It pained-out.
The second race is just an insanely comprimizing situation. One gets caught out by the front running "cork" and gets passed by 3 or 4 cars at once.
Sorry I missed and then again; not so sorry I missed.

This meme basically sums up my night lol

1631555320748.png

Good race with Raul, Grove in R1 and then Yugo in R2. Honestly I didn't expect it to be a war of attrition, which it definitely looked like out of my rear wind screen. Now if you'll excuse me I need to split this +4 ballast in half and mount them in the rear seats of my Porsche as passengers 😂 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭

@llNovall I am going to move to reserve if you will have me there. I already know I will miss the October race, as I will be on a plane for India on the 8th. I don't want to take up a spot someone may want.

Sorry, I fully intended to race this series, but life hasn't cooperated.
Hey Rotary_Pilot ,
No worries, I'll put you on the Reserve list. Hopefully we can get you back on the grid for this one too.

4A762AC2-BD90-481F-A75C-57D028791051.jpeg~2.jpg

Post Race Report
Event #2
at Suzuka
September 10th, 2021
Suzuka claimed some (me 😉), and rewarded others, but some great racing was showcased across the field in both races.
For me, Race 1 was off to a great run which evolved into a dogfight with @Yugofan for multiple laps until 130R claimed its first victim. After breaking away from the pack, and by myself, 130R wasn't done. I ran a little wide, catching the grassy edge that sent me spinning...luckily I didn't gather anyone up on this venture. Race 1 finished uneventfully for me.
Race 2, again was off to a great start with me and @Phlano099 jockeying over 3rd place until @Fudman420 and @Deal24 gifted us 2 positions to allow a fight for first for 7 laps. After getting a great exit from the corner leading to 130R, I managed to get alongside Phlano and just at the braking maker,, rather than bailing out, I went for it and paid. I turned in, but in carrying too much speed to clear Phlano, I ran wide and was forced to wait for the approaching pack to clear before I could re-enter track....130R- 2 points/Nova-nilly. Not a great night for me.
However, the race for the top spot overall was intense, especially in Race 2, and in the end it was a points tie among the top 3 with tiebreakers coming down to highest finishes on the night. Great racing and pace from those guys.

Have a look at the replays or broadcasts when they become available to see just how intense these races were, and feel free to share your perspective if you'd like.
Racing was overall quite clean albeit a few mistakes, but as much to be expected for an opening event. Otherwise, great racing.
A few contacts were observed and noted, however it appears that concessions were afforded which appeared to satisfy those offended on track. Despite some mistakes, Great Sportsmanship fellas.:cheers:

Congratulations to our Event #2 Winner
@fruitloop31
:cheers:
and our top 3 overall:
1ST: @fruitloop31
2ND: @Roman_GT23
3RD: @MikeGrove

Ballast adjustments have been posted. A 3% weight ballast was added for our winner, 2% weight ballast add for 2nd place, and 1% add for 3rd place.

Screenshot_20210916-105743_Sheets.jpg
Screenshot_20210916-105825_Sheets.jpg
Screenshot_20210916-110207_Sheets.jpg
Screenshot_20210916-111717_Sheets.jpg
In Processing
Event #2 Replay Broadcasts
Race 1
I'm processing

Race 2
In processing
For Actual Replays, use in game search tag:
snailgt3cup

Roster Changes:

@Rotary_Pilot has requested removal from the primary Roster and asked to be placed in the Reserve Driver pool.

A primary Roster Spot is open to anyone interested for the ACI Motorsports team in the No. 64 Porsche. Post here in thread if interested.

As always, Great Racing to all Drivers who attended Event #2 and looking forward to Our next race event at Kyoto Driving Park Y+M. :cheers:
Next Event:
Event #3 at
Kyoto Driving Park Yamigiwa+Myabi
Condition: TBA
on Friday, October 8th, 9pm est.

Drivers are welcomed and encouraged to confirm attendance/availability anytime.
Race event details and confirmation reminder posts to come over the next week.

See some of you in practice sessions, and the rest of you tonight for the Michelin Cup Races.

8215159536264184328_0.jpg

Race Event Details Post
Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge
Event #3,
Friday, October 8th, 2021,
Friday,, November 5th, 2021
9pm est

at Kyoto Driving Park-Y+M
5:00 Clear

Race Event Settings and Details
Track: Kyoto Driving Park Yamigiwa +Myabi
Time of Day: 5:00
Conditions: Clear
Race1 Laps: (17 laps/40+min), Fastest First
Race 2 Laps: (17 laps/40+min), Reverse Grid

Vehicle
'16 Porsche 911 GT3 RS
491hp
2723lbs
Tuning Permitted

Approx Avg lap time spread: mid 2:21's to 2:22's
Fastest lap Potential: low 2:21's

Be sure to check your specs:
Next Event Ballast and Weight Chart

-Above are all the Event #3 details for anyone who would like to get an early jump on some practice/lapping sessions.
Standard Lobby Settings
Basic Settings

Room Mode: Practice/Race
Room Privacy: Public *
Room Settings
Room Name: Snail Porsche GT3 Cup. Event #1-12 (Date)- Members only
Race Type: Race for Real
Fixed Room Ownership: No **
Max no of participants: 16
Required Sportsmanship Rating --
Required Sportsmanship Rating --
Track Settings
Track: As per Race Date
Select Condition: As per Race Date
Laps: # of laps to = 40 minutes
Race Settings
Start Type: Grid Start
Grid Order: R1: Fastest First / R2: Reverse Grid Based on Previous Results***
Grid
Boost: None
Slip Stream Strength: Real
Visible Damage: On
Mechanical Damage: Light
Tire Wear: 1x
Fuel Consumption: 1x
Initial Fuel: Default
Grip Red. On Wet Track / Track Edge: Real
Race Finish Delay: 120 sec
Overtaking System Usage Time Multiplier: Default
Qualifier Settings Time Limit: none
Qualifying Continuation Time: none
Tire Wear during Qualifying: N/A
Fuel Consumption Qualifying: N/A
Regulation Settings
Filter by Category: N500
Balance of Performance: Off
Power Limit: 491hp
Weight: 2723 lbs
Maximum Tire Rating: Racing Medium (RM)
Minimum Tire Rating: Racing Hard (RH)
Livery Restrictions: No Limit
Type of Racing Number: No Limit
Assign Car Number Automatically: None
Tuning: No Limit
Kart Usage: Off
Ghosting During Race: None
Shortcut Penalty: None
Wall Collision Penalty: None
Wall Collision Detection: Default
Side Contact Penalty: Off
Correct Vehicle Course After Wall Collission: Off
Replace Car at Course Out: Off
Flag Rules: Off
Limit Driving Options
Countersteering Assist: Prohibited
Active Stability Management (ASM): Prohibited
Driving Line Assist: Prohibited
Traction Control: Prohibited
ABS: No Limit
Auto-Drive: Prohibited

-Confirmation to Attend Post/Reminder will be posted the week before race night. Please look in on this thread and reply here or via psn.
(Any Drivers who wish to confirm attendance early may do so at any time).
Reminder: Reserve driver priority is based on date and time availability was confirmed.

See most of you for some practice sessions, and the rest of you on the 5th.

Last edited:
S3 Porsche GT3 Cup Spotter SVG file main primary roster-1~2.png

Snail Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge
Event #3
at Kyoto Driving Park-Y+M
Friday, October 8th, 2021
at 9:00pm est
Confirmation Reminder Post.

POSTPONED
New Confirmation Reminder will be posted

To all Drivers tagged in this post: with it being Summertime and everyone working around plans, I figured I'd post this confirmation reminder a few days early. Please confirm your status by posting here in the thread or via PSN message that you "will" or "will not" be racing by 5pm Thursday (day before race night) to secure your grid spot and/or to adhere to the absentee policy.
Below are links for easy reference for policies, procedures, and series information for anyone who needs them.

1st Post of Thread (All series information can be found here)

Confirmation and Absentee Policy

Reserve Driver Process and Information

Be sure to check your specs:
Next Event Ballast and Weight Chart

Event Details Post has been posted above

A reminder to the Reserve Drivers:
-open/available grid spot priority on race night is given to the Reserve drivers who confirm their availability first. Whether you confirmed early, or after the Confirmation Reminder Post is posted, your confirmation of availability date and time will be referenced for priority on race night. Confirm early to give you the best chances to race if abcense(s) occurs.

1 primary grid/roster spot is open and available if anyone is interested. See the bottom of this post for details.

Anyone with a 👍 has been confirmed and noted to be present for Friday, October 8th. Everyone else, please confirm, here in the thread or via PSN message, that you "will" or "will not" make it no later than 5pm est Thursday (day before race night)
Please reply either way

Looking forward to our next race at:
See Above^^^
<<(Link has all Race Night Information to set up for practice.) See you all on track.:cheers:

👍= will be present
(X)= notified of absence
(?)= Questionable

Primary Drivers List (16)
👍 @llNovall /II-NOVA-II (Platinum)
👍 @Phlano099 /@Phlano_099 (Platinum)
👍 @Roman_GT23 /Roman_GT23 (Platinum)
👍 @MrDonovan /MrDonovan (Gold)
@Deal24 /fullerbunch (Gold)
👍 @Yugofan /Yugofan (Platinum)
👍 @Harry Rowley /Harry_Rowley_10 (Gold)
@Noob01_lmdead /rauljimenez76 (Gold)
(X) @IceWarden /Ice_Warden (Gold)
@LSGtheSkyChef / distant_crowd2 (Gold)
👍 @socalnatv /Sand_68 (Platinum)
@Clean Racer /GentlemanRacing (Gold)
👍 @fruitloop31 / fruitloop31 (Platinum)
👍 @MikeGrove / (Platinum)
👍 @JDMKING13 / jdmking13 (Gold)
OPEN PRIMARY SPOT
Reserve Drivers (no specific priority order)
(X) @Fudman420 /Fudman420 (Gold)
@aedenmaddok /aedonmaddok (Gold)
@GTP_Guido /TPC_Guido (Gold)
@Kermit_2142 /Kermit_2142 (Platinum)
@Rob Brown /no1needs2perish (Platinum)
@GTR4MROD /GTR4MROD (Gold)
@Stryker13 /DrSpyderPig (Platinum)
@Moby45 /Moby45 (Platinum)
@Bambi / GTP_Bambi (Platinum)
@Bologna_Duc / Bologna_Duc (Platinum)
@Rotary_Pilot /Rotary_pilot13 (Gold)

I plan to have a few late afternoon practices this week and next after work...between 4-5pm est.. Hope to see some of you then.

Last edited:
Back