*COMPLETED* SNAIL-Porsche GT3 SuperCup Challenge: Congrats to our Season 3 Champ, fruitloop31!!Finished 

• Thread starter llNovall
  • 1,140 comments

Who's open to moving this Series to ACC after this season in Sept. '22?

• I have a PS5 and a copy of ACC and am ready to race for next season.

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • I have a PS5, and would purchase ACC to continue racing the Porsche Cup

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • I am getting PS5 soon and would purchase ACC to be ready to race in Sept. '22

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • I plan to get the PS5, but won't have it by September.

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • I have no plans to get the PS5 in the short term.

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters
View attachment 1089864
Snail Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge
Event #3
at Kyoto Driving Park-Y+M
Friday, November 5th, 2021
at 9:00pm est

Make Up Date
Confirmation Reminder Post.

To all Drivers tagged in this post: with it being Summertime and everyone working around plans, I figured I'd post this confirmation reminder a few days early. Please confirm your status by posting here in the thread or via PSN message that you "will" or "will not" be racing by 5pm Thursday (day before race night) to secure your grid spot and/or to adhere to the absentee policy.
Below are links for easy reference for policies, procedures, and series information for anyone who needs them.

1st Post of Thread (All series information can be found here)

Confirmation and Absentee Policy

Reserve Driver Process and Information

Be sure to check your specs:
Next Event Ballast and Weight Chart

Event #3 Details Post

A reminder to the Reserve Drivers:
-open/available grid spot priority on race night is given to the Reserve drivers who confirm their availability first. Whether you confirmed early, or after the Confirmation Reminder Post is posted, your confirmation of availability date and time will be referenced for priority on race night. Confirm early to give you the best chances to race if abcense(s) occurs.

1 primary grid/roster spot is open and available if anyone is interested. See the bottom of this post for details.

Anyone with a ๐Ÿ‘ has been confirmed and noted to be present for Friday, October 8th. Everyone else, please confirm, here in the thread or via PSN message, that you "will" or "will not" make it no later than 5pm est Thursday (day before race night)
Please reply either way

Looking forward to our next race at:
See Above^^^
<<(Link has all Race Night Information to set up for practice.) See you all on track.:cheers:

๐Ÿ‘= will be present
(X)= notified of absence
(?)= Questionable

Primary Drivers List (16)
๐Ÿ‘ @llNovall /II-NOVA-II (Platinum)
๐Ÿ‘ @Phlano099 /@Phlano_099 (Platinum)
๐Ÿ‘ @Roman_GT23 /Roman_GT23 (Platinum)
@MrDonovan /MrDonovan (Gold)
(X) @Deal24 /fullerbunch (Gold) (1st Absent)
๐Ÿ‘ @Yugofan /Yugofan (Platinum)
๐Ÿ‘ @Harry Rowley /Harry_Rowley_10 (Gold)
๐Ÿ‘ @Noob01_lmdead /rauljimenez76 (Gold)
(X) @IceWarden /Ice_Warden (Gold) (2nd absent)
@LSGtheSkyChef / distant_crowd2 (Gold)
๐Ÿ‘ @socalnatv /Sand_68 (Platinum)
๐Ÿ‘ @Clean Racer /GentlemanRacing (Gold)
@fruitloop31 / fruitloop31 (Platinum)
๐Ÿ‘ @MikeGrove / (Platinum)
๐Ÿ‘ @JDMKING13 / jdmking13 (Gold)
OPEN PRIMARY SPOT
Reserve Drivers (no specific priority order)
@Fudman420 /Fudman420 (Gold)
@aedenmaddok /aedonmaddok (Gold)
@GTP_Guido /TPC_Guido (Gold)
@Kermit_2142 /Kermit_2142 (Platinum)
@Rob Brown /no1needs2perish (Platinum)
@GTR4MROD /GTR4MROD (Gold)
@Stryker13 /DrSpyderPig (Platinum)
@Moby45 /Moby45 (Platinum)
@Bambi / GTP_Bambi (Platinum)
@Bologna_Duc / Bologna_Duc (Platinum)
@Rotary_Pilot /Rotary_pilot13 (Gold)

So far, 2 Reserve drivers are needed for this event. Please confirm if available to race.

I plan to have a few late afternoon practices this week and next after work...between 4-5pm est.. Hope to see some of you then.
Confirming

Who's up for a practice night at 8:30pm est? Actually have a Saturday night free. Reply below if you can make it. If we get at least 6, I will run a practice room. Any less, I'll find something else to get into for the evening.
Hope we can get a good turn out.
@llNovall /II-NOVA-II (Platinum)
@Phlano099 /@Phlano_099 (Platinum)
@Roman_GT23 /Roman_GT23 (Platinum)
@MrDonovan /MrDonovan (Gold)
@Deal24 /fullerbunch (Gold)
@Yugofan /Yugofan (Platinum)
@Harry Rowley /Harry_Rowley_10 (Gold)
@Noob01_lmdead /rauljimenez76 (Gold)
@IceWarden /Ice_Warden (Gold)
@LSGtheSkyChef / distant_crowd2 (Gold)
@socalnatv /Sand_68 (Platinum)
@Clean Racer /GentlemanRacing (Gold)
@fruitloop31 / fruitloop31 (Platinum)
@MikeGrove / (Platinum)
@JDMKING13 / jdmking13 (Gold)
OPEN PRIMARY SPOT
@Rob Brown /no1needs2perish (Platinum)
@Bambi / GTP_Bambi (Platinum)

I'll be racing Apex at that time but if you all are still going when the race is over I may join. Depends on how much energy I have left.

Interest seems light. I'm going to run the Nation's Cup 8:40 slot and then will see who is online. If we have a few of us, I'll open up a practice lobby, or feel free to open and I'll join.

Internet started bugging out again so I've decided to call it a night. I need to figure out what's causing that to happen. As for the car itself, I think I made a lot of gains with the setup tonight but still work to be done. Balance feels good but I feel an overall lack of grip especially turning into the high-speed sweeping corners. Might just be a product of racing on a controller. :yuck:

Thank for the room and sorry for always being in the way. :boggled:

Internet started bugging out again so I've decided to call it a night. I need to figure out what's causing that to happen. As for the car itself, I think I made a lot of gains with the setup tonight but still work to be done. Balance feels good but I feel an overall lack of grip especially turning into the high-speed sweeping corners. Might just be a product of racing on a controller. :yuck:

Thank for the room and sorry for always being in the way. :boggled:
Great having you tonight, and glad you were able to get some track time in with some of us. Very competitive series....attacking while being attacked and alot of traffic. For the first time with us, you certainly held your own, and posted a 2:22.3 before lagging out. Great lap. Keep me posted if you are able to make the race event this upcoming Friday the 5th. If so, I'll forward the team livery to you. Hope you can make it.

Reserve Drivers Needed
for Event #3
Alright gents,
Other than @LSGtheSkyChef , all other primaries have confirmed their status for next Friday. 3 absences have been reported and we need Reserves.
@Rob Brown and @Bambi are confirmed tentative for Friday as Reserve entries leaving us with a need for at least 1 to 2 more, and even more if neither of them can make it. With a Reserve roster big enough to nearly fill its own gird, I'm hoping we can get enough Reserve drivers available to get to the full 16 car grid. We're at Kyoto DP Y+M. Big advantage in pace to the Gold Class drivers on RM, but certainly a track that required some seat time to be competitive. If available, please confirm. Grid priority will be based in the order of those who concretely confirm available for Friday's event. Tentative Reserves will be jumped until they confirm as available. Hope to see some familiar drivers back on the grid for Event #3

(?) @Rob Brown /no1needs2perish (Platinum)
(?) @Bambi / GTP_Bambi (Platinum)

Last edited:
It's a ghost town up in here....where is everybody. Lets get this thread back up and active. Starting to worry that the Porsche series is starting to trail off...this is 2nd time around for this Event #3, and we're still struggling to get near a full grid. I get some are busy, and appreciate the communication from our Primary drivers, but our huge Reserve roster is failing us. I have a Reserve list big enough to create its own lobby, yet still struggling to fill this series' grid. Come on Gents, don't let Kyoto scare you away. We had some great racing here for Season 1, and our practice lobby this past Saturday night is sure to be a sign of the great racing to come.
Saturday's Practice Session

2 Reserves have confirmed tentative and I am still waiting for them to sure up their entry if able. Still need at least 1 more, and hope to have a backup or 2 ready if needed.

If you want off the Reserve roster and have no plans to race this series moving forward, please let me know so I can remove you and decide whether to open recruitment back up for some more new drivers. Hoping to see some familiar faces back into the mix.

Last edited:
It's a ghost town up in here....where is everybody. Lets get this thread back up and active. Starting to worry that the Porsche series is starting to trail off...this is 2nd time around for this Event #3, and we're still struggling to get near a full grid. I get some are busy, and appreciate the communication from our Primary drivers, but our huge Reserve roster is failing us. I have a Reserve list big enough to create its own lobby, yet still struggling to fill this series' grid. Come on Gents, don't let Kyoto scare you away. We had some great racing here for Season 1, and our practice lobby this past Saturday night is sure to be a sign of the great racing to come.
Saturday's Practice Session

2 Reserves have confirmed tentative and I am still waiting for them to sure up their entry if able. Still need at least 1 more, and hope to have a backup or 2 ready if needed.

If you want off the Reserve roster and have no plans to race this series moving forward, please let me know so I can remove you and decide whether to open recruitment back up for some more new drivers. Hoping to see some familiar faces back into the mix.
Happy as I am with last minute reserve status due to time zones. However itโ€™s unlikely Iโ€™ll be racing tonight due to a very busy saturday.

Last edited:
@llNovall, I would not count on my participation tomorrow evening unfortunately. I'll be out with a good friend of mine tomorrow afternoon celebrating his birthday & both of us finding work in the IndyCar paddock for 2022. No idea how long I'll be out of the house. Additionally, I have a full-time league commitment I need to practice for as well. Nobody does two hours around Mount Panorama on zero practice! :crazy:

@llNovall, I would not count on my participation tomorrow evening unfortunately. I'll be out with a good friend of mine tomorrow afternoon celebrating his birthday & both of us finding work in the IndyCar paddock for 2022. No idea how long I'll be out of the house. Additionally, I have a full-time league commitment I need to practice for as well. Nobody does two hours around Mount Panorama on zero practice! :crazy:
Honestly thatโ€™s the only way I drive Mt Panoramaโ€ฆbecause every moment I spend on it is like stabbing my own eyes with a screwdriver.

I may be available tomorrow after all. Expecting a ton of rain tomorrow in my area which would compromise my work and allow me to race. Iโ€™ll know more as tomorrow progresses.
Hey Ice, with no reserves confirmed solid, your entry is reinstated. Hope you can make it.

Sorry couldnโ€™t end up making the practice last week. Is anyone gonna have a practice lobby up tonight?
Would if I could. For to get ready for bed. 3am wake up comes up quick. Hopefully one of the guys will open one up, or feel free to open one. I'm sure a few would likely file in. Good luck, and see you tomorrow night.

S3 Porsche GT3 Cup Spotter SVG file Event #3.png

Pre-Race Drivers Briefing
Event #3
at Kyoto Driving Park Y+M
November 5th, 2021

Finally, we're back in the Porsche's at the challenging Kyoto Driving Park-Y+M Circuit. Season 1 had some great battles, and as much and more are expected for tonight.
Many places to gain or lose time, and Gold Class drivers will be treated to a decent advantage with some many high speed corners. Defense will be a major factor for any Platinum Class Driver looking to finish in the top 5 tonight.
As usual, patience, minimal mistakes, and great lap consistency yields the best results.
Good luck to all drivers attending tonight.
A reminder to all drivers to be patient, especially in the opening laps and busy race traffic. Hold your lines and observe your opponent's corner rights when in close battles. Lets continue to uphold the standards that Snail is known for.
No specific areas of question.
2 wheels inside the white line on runoff areas, or on the red/white curbing at all times.
Screenshot_20211105-142827_Samsung Internet.jpg
Fuel should not become a factor for this event, but be mindful to adjust if necessary.

As a reminder to all drivers, please verify your weight, and apply any issued and required success ballast based on the chart HERE.

Also, drivers are reminded that this series implements a success ballast and class graduating structure. Be sure to secure as many points as you can, even if its towards the back side of the grid....They add up over the 2 races in the event night.
See Tab 2.3 in the first post if you haven't already for Success Ballast details.

Race Room opens for entry and warmup at 9pm est. Please verify you are on the correct tires and in the correct livery. All entries must be in before qualifying which is set to start at 9:15pm est.
(Primary Party Chat will be opened just before the room creation)

Please reply below or message me up to 9pm est if any Reserves would like to race. Livery will be sent to you.

Below is our grid for tonight:
๐Ÿ‘= will be present
(X)= notified of absence
(?)= Questionable

Primary Drivers List (16)
๐Ÿ‘ @llNovall /II-NOVA-II (Platinum)
๐Ÿ‘ @Phlano099 /@Phlano_099 (Platinum)
๐Ÿ‘ @Roman_GT23 /Roman_GT23 (Platinum)
(X) @MrDonovan /MrDonovan (Gold) (2nd absent)
(X) @Deal24 /fullerbunch (Gold) (1st Absent)
๐Ÿ‘ @Yugofan /Yugofan (Platinum)
๐Ÿ‘ @Harry Rowley /Harry_Rowley_10 (Gold)
๐Ÿ‘ @Noob01_lmdead /rauljimenez76 (Gold)
(?) @IceWarden /Ice_Warden (Gold)
๐Ÿ‘ @LSGtheSkyChef / distant_crowd2 (Gold)
๐Ÿ‘ @socalnatv /Sand_68 (Platinum)
๐Ÿ‘ @Clean Racer /GentlemanRacing (Gold)
๐Ÿ‘ @fruitloop31 / fruitloop31 (Platinum)
๐Ÿ‘ @MikeGrove / (Platinum)
๐Ÿ‘ @JDMKING13 / jdmking13 (Gold)
๐Ÿ‘ @Rob Brown /no1needs2perish (Platinum)
๐Ÿ‘ @Fudman420 /Fudman420 (Gold) (1st R)
(X) @Kermit_2142 /Kermit_2142 (Platinum)
(X) @Bambi / GTP_Bambi (Platinum)
(?) @Rotary_Pilot /Rotary_pilot13 (Gold)

Any additional Reserves available, please reply if interested in Racing tonight.
Lets have a clean and competitive race night typical of our Snail standards, and good luck to all drivers on the grid for Event #3.

Last edited:
Back