*COMPLETED* SNAIL-Porsche GT3 SuperCup Challenge: Congrats to our Season 3 Champ, fruitloop31!!Finished 

• Thread starter llNovall
  • 1,140 comments

Who's open to moving this Series to ACC after this season in Sept. '22?

• I have a PS5 and a copy of ACC and am ready to race for next season.

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • I have a PS5, and would purchase ACC to continue racing the Porsche Cup

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • I am getting PS5 soon and would purchase ACC to be ready to race in Sept. '22

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • I plan to get the PS5, but won't have it by September.

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • I have no plans to get the PS5 in the short term.

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters

Might be a little late to this party, but finally had a chance to watch the final hour of the 24 hours of Daytona, and what a dramatic race and finish in the GTD PRO Class between the #9 and #2 Porsches. Scroll to 6:06:00 of this video (about 6 minutes left). Epic battle that raged for hours and ended in this duel. Awesome.

Yea it was insane, reminded me of how we do when we race lol!

That was a sketchy move if you ask me.
Yeah he killed the race with that move other than that it was great racing!
Vanthoor in the No 2 car was very aggressive that entire exchange in the final 7 minutes, while Jaminet in the No 9 Pfaff car was very clean and respectful on his overtakes and side by side room. No doubt he put the squeeze to close the door entering the newly named "LeMans chicane", but the No 2 car imo got what he deserved on that one. He tried to send it by pushing the nose into a tight space, forced the initial contact that set the No. 9 car sideways and inadvertently side bumping the No 2 off track on the inside and into a spin.
Screenshot_20220205-101009_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20220205-101026_Samsung Internet.jpg

Great race overall, and is ashame Vanthoor didn't line himself up for a strong exit and attempt to run Jaminet down at the line....but that's racing. Hindsight is always 20/20. Will certainly be a 24 hour race to remember.

@llNovall im glad the #9 was able to stay in the race my heart dropped when I first saw the incident!
Absolutely, me too. He was getting bullied the whole time and kept his focus and wits.....very good discipline. Glad to see the stewards let them race, and race hard, and glad no penalties were issued for the tie up. I'm sure they considered the fact that fault was more on Vanthoor and he got the short end of that fight and let it stand. I love IMSA racing. So intense...hence why our series have been inspired by them.

I see that IMSA is very much a "rubbing is racing" NASCAR style series. Even the announcers were glorifying the attempts to bump the lead driver from behind in order to shove him deep offline in the horseshoe a few times.

But I almost see that final move as the 9 car not leaving any space for the 2. The 2 had the "normal" racing line and had nowhere to go. The 9 aimed straight for the apex to cut off all access to the corner. Actually quite a sad ending to a battle that literally lasted hours.

I felt bad for the GTD lead car who was faster than both of the GTDP cars. But he was told to hang back and not interfere. Would have been a great statement by the GTD car.

Last edited:
Howdy yall. Unfortunately the playstation i play on is being sold and i will not have a console to play on any longer and im going to have to withdraw from the series. It was great racing with yall and ill let you know if i have access again!
Primary Driver Roster Spot OPEN:

To all Reserve Drivers tagged below, due to the retirement of @LSGtheSkyChef from the series, a primary grid spot is now available on the ACI Motorsports team. The driver who accepts the primary spot will be teamed up with @Rob Brown for the remainder of the season. 1st driver to reply gets the opening.
@MikeGrove is still ineligible to accept the primary entry until another full event is completed. If he or any Reserves are interested in racing on 2/25 at Barcelona, be sure to confirm available as there is currently 2 absences reported not counting the open primary roster spot.

@aedenmaddok /aedonmaddok (Gold)
@Kermit_2142 /Kermit_2142 (Platinum)
@Moby45 /Moby45 (Platinum)
@Xradkins/ Xrad-11 (Platinum)
@Deal24 /fullerbunch (Gold)
@SydViscus / Sydviscus (Gold)

17ead28f56726-ee31C67A47BA77B728F.609478CBBF4C5361_message_420755615838586_1643576624369~2.jpg

Race Event Details Post
Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge
Event #7
Friday, February 25th, 2022
9pm est

at Circuit de Barcelona
16:30 Clear

Race Event Settings and Details
Track: Circuit de Barcelona
Time of Day: 16:30
Conditions: Clear
Race1 Laps: (22 laps/40+min), Fastest First
Race 2 Laps: (22 laps/40+min), Reverse Grid

Vehicle
'16 Porsche 911 GT3 RS
491hp
2723lbs
Tuning Permitted

Approx Avg lap time spread: hi 1:48's-low 1:49's
Fastest lap Potential: low-mid 1:48's

Be sure to check your specs:
Next Event Ballast and Weight Chart

-Above are all the Event #7 details for anyone who would like to get an early jump on some practice/lapping sessions.
Standard Lobby Settings
Basic Settings

Room Mode: Practice/Race
Room Privacy: Public *
Room Settings
Room Name: Snail Porsche GT3 Cup. Event #1-12 (Date)- Members only
Race Type: Race for Real
Fixed Room Ownership: No **
Max no of participants: 16
Required Sportsmanship Rating --
Required Sportsmanship Rating --
Track Settings
Track: As per Race Date
Select Condition: As per Race Date
Laps: # of laps to = 40 minutes
Race Settings
Start Type: Grid Start
Grid Order: R1: Fastest First / R2: Reverse Grid Based on Previous Results***
Grid
Boost: None
Slip Stream Strength: Real
Visible Damage: On
Mechanical Damage: Light
Tire Wear: 1x
Fuel Consumption: 1x
Initial Fuel: Default
Grip Red. On Wet Track / Track Edge: Real
Race Finish Delay: 120 sec
Overtaking System Usage Time Multiplier: Default
Qualifier Settings Time Limit: none
Qualifying Continuation Time: none
Tire Wear during Qualifying: N/A
Fuel Consumption Qualifying: N/A
Regulation Settings
Filter by Category: N500
Balance of Performance: Off
Power Limit: 491hp
Weight: 2723 lbs
Maximum Tire Rating: Racing Medium (RM)
Minimum Tire Rating: Racing Hard (RH)
Livery Restrictions: No Limit
Type of Racing Number: No Limit
Assign Car Number Automatically: None
Tuning: No Limit
Kart Usage: Off
Ghosting During Race: None
Shortcut Penalty: None
Wall Collision Penalty: None
Wall Collision Detection: Default
Side Contact Penalty: Off
Correct Vehicle Course After Wall Collission: Off
Replace Car at Course Out: Off
Flag Rules: Off
Limit Driving Options
Countersteering Assist: Prohibited
Active Stability Management (ASM): Prohibited
Driving Line Assist: Prohibited
Traction Control: Prohibited
ABS: No Limit
Auto-Drive: Prohibited

-Confirmation to Attend Post/Reminder will be posted the week before race night. Please look in on this thread and reply here or via psn.
(Any Drivers who wish to confirm attendance early may do so at any time).
Reminder: Reserve driver priority is based on date and time availability was confirmed.

See most of you for some practice sessions, and the rest of you on race night.

S3 Porsche GT3 Cup Spotter SVG file main primary roster-5.png

Snail Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge
Event #7
at Circuit de Barcelona
Friday, Febuary 25th, 2022
at 9:00pm est
Confirmation Reminder Post

Please confirm your status by posting here in the thread or via PSN message that you "will" or "will not" be racing by 5pm Thursday (day before race night) to secure your grid spot and/or to adhere to the absentee policy.
Below are links for easy reference for policies, procedures, and series information for anyone who needs them.

1st Post of Thread (All series information can be found here)

Confirmation and Absentee Policy

Reserve Driver Process and Information

Be sure to check your specs:
Next Event Ballast and Weight Chart

Event #7 Details Post

A reminder to the Reserve Drivers:
-open/available grid spot priority on race night is given to the Reserve drivers who confirm their availability first. Whether you confirmed early, or after the Confirmation Reminder Post is posted, your confirmation of availability date and time will be referenced for priority on race night. Confirm early to give you the best chances to race if abcense(s) occurs.

Anyone with a 👍 has been confirmed and noted to be present for Friday, February 25th. Everyone else, please confirm, here in the thread or via PSN message, that you "will" or "will not" make it no later than 5pm est Thursday (day before race night)
Please reply either way

Looking forward to our next race at:
See Above^^^
<<(Link has all Race Night Information to set up for practice.) See you all on track.:cheers:

👍= will be present
(X)= notified of absence
(?)= Questionable

Drivers List
👍 @llNovall /II-NOVA-II (Platinum)
👍 @Phlano099 /@Phlano_099 (Platinum)
(X) @Roman_GT23 /Roman_GT23 (Platinum) 1st
@MrDonovan /MrDonovan (Gold)
(X) @Yugofan /Yugofan (Platinum) 2nd
👍 @Harry Rowley /Harry_Rowley_10 (Gold)
👍 @Noob01_lmdead /rauljimenez76 (Platinum)
(X) @IceWarden /Ice_Warden (Gold) 3rd
@socalnatv /Sand_68 (Platinum)
👍 @fruitloop31 / fruitloop31 (Platinum)
👍 @JDMKING13 / jdmking13 (Gold)
👍 @Rob Brown /no1needs2perish (Platinum)
@Fudman420 /Fudman420 (Gold)
@Trickybrewer/ Trickybrewer (Platinum)
👍 @Kgffy / kgffty (Platinum)
👍 @Xradkins/ Xrad-11 (Platinum)
Reserve Drivers (no specific priority order)
@MikeGrove / (Platinum)

I plan to have a few late afternoon practices this week and next after work...between 4-5pm est.. Hope to see some of you then.

Last edited:
Primary Driver Roster Spot OPEN:

To all Reserve Drivers tagged below, due to the retirement of @LSGtheSkyChef from the series, a primary grid spot is now available on the ACI Motorsports team. The driver who accepts the primary spot will be teamed up with @Rob Brown for the remainder of the season. 1st driver to reply gets the opening.
@MikeGrove is still ineligible to accept the primary entry until another full event is completed. If he or any Reserves are interested in racing on 2/25 at Barcelona, be sure to confirm available as there is currently 2 absences reported not counting the open primary roster spot.

@Xradkins/ Xrad-11 (Platinum)
Let me feel that spot?. Seems this is growing on me.

Last edited:
Fastest lap Potential: low-mid 1:48's....Harry ran a 1:47.7 last night...
Unfortunately, his results have not caught up to his outright pace....essentially, he seems to be the anomaly to the system we have in place. The majority of the faster Gold drivers are now running heavy at the half season mark, and should feel the effects, as well as the faster Platinums....which overall I believe has tightened up the field as hoped. With 1 future overall Event win, Harry would be sitting on a +4% weight total, and another podium would then push him into Platinum. With a full half of a season to run yet, the challenges will mount further for him one way or another, or his points will reflect any further struggles. My advice to all drivers is focus less on other driver's outright pace, and focus on your best lap consistency and minimizing mistakes...especially in Race 2 (Reverse grid). As you will see, aside from the few outliers (Harry, Donovan -just earned 3% wgt, and distant_crowd2 who just retired from the series), the pace from Xrad to kg is separated by 7 tenths of a second. With Roman grabbing an extra point, and Donovan taking on 3, I expect their pace to be closer to the field avg, and if not for this event, they should be for the next and thru to the seasons end. I'd expect to see an even closer spread over the majority of the field for the final 4 events. If the racing at St Croix gives us any indication to the racing we will see, we are all-in for a treat. Also, one final note is the standings....top 3 seperated by 9 points, figuring in drops, and 4th thru 11th seperated by 17 points top to bottom. Alot of season and shuffling left. See you fellas for some practice next week, or on race night.
Screenshot_20220217-052108_Sheets.jpg

Last edited:
MikeGrove, you will be racing for @Roman_GT23 with the Flying Lizard Motorsports team, and teamed up with @Phlano099 for the event. The livery link is available below.

Good luck and see you on the 25th.
That alarm better work or I can scream from Florida as an alarm :sly:

Latest Posts

Back