*COMPLETED* SNAIL-Porsche GT3 SuperCup Challenge: Congrats to our Season 3 Champ, fruitloop31!!Finished 

• Thread starter llNovall
  • 1,140 comments

Who's open to moving this Series to ACC after this season in Sept. '22?

• I have a PS5 and a copy of ACC and am ready to race for next season.

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • I have a PS5, and would purchase ACC to continue racing the Porsche Cup

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • I am getting PS5 soon and would purchase ACC to be ready to race in Sept. '22

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • I plan to get the PS5, but won't have it by September.

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • I have no plans to get the PS5 in the short term.

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters
You abandoned Gr4 series, and your team mate! Your opinion carry’s 50% validation…. 🤣🖕🏻

Love ya SteveO
1645643066102.jpeg

Love you too

Hi mate - unfortunately I’m going to let the team down :(

Had planned to race, but I’ve got to do stuff with my kid this weekend.

Hope you all have a great race, will watch the replay!

Cheers 🐬
Bummer Donovan. Was hoping we could catch some decent points this event for team efforts, especially being in striking distance of 2nd place. No worries sir, life calls.😉. Also, a heads up, see the Announcement post back a little bit in the thread from yesterday. Tomorrow's race may possibly be our last on the GTSport title....weighing some decisions for our move forward and onto GT7.

Series Announcement

We are now inside of 2 weeks before the launch of the highly anticipated GT7 title. As many of you are well aware, both of our current series are still active with 4 events to go in the Michelin series, and half of the Porsche Season (6 events counting this Friday's race event at Barcelona) left to go. This is where decisions have to be made for our next move and /or transition to the new title.
I have contemplated us staying on the GTSport title to the finish our current seasons, while in the meantime preparing and testing for new seasons to start on GT7. My concern, is that everyone (including myself) is likely to shelve GTSport in favor of spending time on GT7. I am open to transitioning from Sport to GT7 in the current season, especially now that it was announced that liveries have been transferred between titles. However, time will be needed to explore the different tuning options, and how BoP will be governed. Then, testing and time trialing, and possibly even an exhibition event will be necessary to verify that our achieved parity to this point has remained intact. Assuming all of this is checked out and confirmed to fit our current parameters, we could make the transition, most likely in April. This would allow the needed time to adjust/update any liveries as needed, and amend the thread details to reflect the GT7 parameters we come to.

Now, if they don't align, we need to decide among the following 3 options:
Option 1:
Finish out the current seasons of both series on the GTSport title, while preparing/testing/setting up new season threads/rules/parameters with an intention to start our new seasons on GT7 some time in July 2022.

Option 2:
We continue our current season from April to June using newly established parameters within GT7. This will include new livery, tuning, and BoP/PP regulations. Possible time trialing will be necessary
to re-align the parity across the field to be close to where we are at now.

Option 3:
We run through Events #9 of both series, and then terminate the current seasons at 3/4 completion. The schedule would look like this:
Feb 25th: Porsche Event #7
March 11th: MPCC Event #9
March 25th: Porsche Event #8
April 8th: Porsche Event #9 (in place of the MPCC event #10).
This would have both series at 3/4 complete with the season Points and Standings based on results up to 3/4 completeion. During this time, new threads/parameters/series to be established. The plan would then to start new seasons on GT7 mid April/early May.

I'd like to get everyones opinions and input on which way is preferred, and would ask that all drivers tagged on this post to reply with a 1,2, or 3 based on their option preference.
If the consensus is to remain on GTSport to finish the current seasons, we will do so.
The only 2 stipulations I will have is that we must get at least 12 drivers on the grid for race nights. Any less, and the night will be forfeited across the board. The other is that if we forfeit 2 consecutive events (within same series), the season will be closed and the points reflected at that time will be the final standings for the series.

Thanks for everyone's time and attention, and see you all this Friday at Barcelona.
@llNovall /II-NOVA-II (Platinum)
@Phlano099 /@Phlano_099 (Platinum)
@Roman_GT23 /Roman_GT23 (Platinum)
@MrDonovan /MrDonovan (Gold)
@Yugofan /Yugofan (Platinum)
@Harry Rowley /Harry_Rowley_10 (Gold)
@Noob01_lmdead /rauljimenez76 (Platinum)
@IceWarden /Ice_Warden (Gold)
@socalnatv /Sand_68 (Platinum)
@fruitloop31 / fruitloop31 (Platinum)
@JDMKING13 / jdmking13 (Gold)
@Rob Brown /no1needs2perish (Platinum)
@Fudman420 /Fudman420 (Gold)
@Trickybrewer/ Trickybrewer (Platinum)
@Kgffy / kgffty (Platinum)
@MikeGrove / (Platinum)
@aedenmaddok /aedonmaddok (Gold)
@Kermit_2142 /Kermit_2142 (Platinum)
@Moby45 /Moby45 (Platinum)
@Xradkins/ Xrad-11 (Platinum)
@Deal24 /fullerbunch (Gold)
@SydViscus / Sydviscus (Gold)
@Rotary_Pilot /Rotary_pilot13 (Gold)
@GTP_Guido /TPC_Guido (Gold)
@Bologna_Duc / Bologna_Duc (Platinum)
@GTR4MROD /GTR4MROD (Gold)
@Bambi / GTP_Bambi (Platinum)
@Clean Racer /GentlemanRacing (Gold)
@Stryker13 /DrSpyderPig (Platinum)
@LSGtheSkyChef / distant_crowd
@stelephant / stelephant
@scarecrow937
Thank you to everyone who has replied regarding our transition phase to GT7. It appears that a good chunk of our core group of drivers have every intention of moving on to GT7 with no looking back at GTSport. As such, it seems there is no choice but to move forward and onto the GT7 title after this Friday's (2/25/22) Porsche Event #7 in some capacity. I was considering running our current seasons thru March on GTSport and then moving onto GT7 for April, but it's highly likely our numbers will be low to the point of it not being worth it. Therefore, see below.

Now, with that decision made, I will chart out our game plan for the transition:
We will not be running any formal/points events in the month of March.

March will be used for exploring GT7's features/ capabilities/etc, and to establish and/or adapt our process of balancing to the new GT7 parameters, and make any adjustments to the current regulations where favorable. (ie, wide body features on the Porsche, better brakes, better wheels, etc). This will also afford the time needed to amend any liveries to the updated series standards, and for the thread/spotters guide/profile page to be updated.
The first weeks after launch will focus on the following:
- Porsche Series, with March 11th (our scheduled Race night) to be a testing/Exhibition night.
-Michelin Series on March 25th to be a testing exhibition night.

During this time, I will be collecting opinions and input on whether the majority would prefer to start from scratch in all new seasons on GT7 with intentions to start in April, and closing our GTSport seasons as they stand....or to use the new data, new regulations, and newly established Balancing systems to close out our current seasons with a restart planned for April as well. If this were to be the case, our final events of the current season would finish in July. With new season restarts set for August.

Please see the poll at the top of the MPCC thread page to establish you preference.
(MPCC thread link is in my signature for easy access)
Poll will close on March 26th with a simple majority deciding.

@Roman_GT23 /Roman_GT23 (Platinum)
@MrDonovan /MrDonovan (Gold)
@Harry Rowley /Harry_Rowley_10 (Gold)
@IceWarden /Ice_Warden (Gold)
@MikeGrove / (Platinum)
@Megabytesize /Moby45 (Platinum)
@Rotary_Pilot /Rotary_pilot13 (Gold)
@GTP_Guido /TPC_Guido (Gold)
@Bologna_Duc / Bologna_Duc (Platinum)
@GTR4MROD /GTR4MROD (Gold)
@Bambi / GTP_Bambi (Platinum)
@Clean Racer /GentlemanRacing (Gold)
@Stryker13 /DrSpyderPig (Platinum)
@LSGtheSkyChef / distant_crowd
@stelephant / stelephant
@scarecrow937

Last edited:
EDIT: Response moved to MPCC thread.

As there is plenty of time to take the poll, I will consider it carefully in the coming weeks … unless we are allowed to change our poll answer, in which case, I could vote now and later …

Last edited:
Decisions, decisions. Like at the end of GT6 (remember that game?), I was not ready to jump to Sport. So I went to an up and coming new racing sim game (project something). I was not impressed after a few year( go figure). So, after fruitless time spent, I ended up here at GTS after all. I don't want to miss out like that again. BUT, I have not pulled the trigger yet for a PS5 or DD wheel and new racing sim game because as Nova says, "life calls". I have to plan for events that will cause an absents from gaming all together (retirement, moving, expenses). So for NOW I will have to continue with GTSport and Logitech. I want to race and will be ready for events here. Best wishes to the group at what ever way Nova decides. I hope to still see some on GTS tracks. It has been fun and challenging. Progress is a good thing (I think?).

X

Decisions, decisions. Like at the end of GT6 (remember that game?), I was not ready to jump to Sport. So I went to an up and coming new racing sim game (project something). I was not impressed after a few year( go figure). So, after fruitless time spent, I ended up here at GTS after all. I don't want to miss out like that again. BUT, I have not pulled the trigger yet for a PS5 or DD wheel and new racing sim game because as Nova says, "life calls". I have to plan for events that will cause an absents from gaming all together (retirement, moving, expenses). So for NOW I will have to continue with GTSport and Logitech. I want to race and will be ready for events here. Best wishes to the group at what ever way Nova decides. I hope to still see some on GTS tracks. It has been fun and challenging. Progress is a good thing (I think?).

X
Hey X, just an fyi, this time is much different than the last transition. The move to GTSport and PS4 required a new console and an all new wheel to be compatible (or investment into a drivehub style adapter). This is a very different situation, and one that will be much easier of a transition. GT7 can be purchased and played on PS4 for the $60.00 going rate, and the Logitech wheels remain compatible. If you decide later to upgrade to the PS5, Logitech remains compatible with that console as well, and you can upgrade the GT7 game for PS5 for $10. Don't miss out unnecessarily. Get your game, and stay in the action.

Man PCars was so good in so many ways and so bad in others. I did exactly what X-Rad did and just skipped GTS for over a year at least. Even made it to PCars 2 until I had enough.

Excited for GT7.

S3 Porsche GT3 Cup Spotter SVG file Event #7.png~2.jpg

Pre-Race Drivers Briefing
Event #7
at Circuit de Barcelona
February 25th, 2022

Tonight, we are at Barcelona in the Porsches for our final racing event on the GTSport title. There is an open voting poll at the top of the Michelin series thread (link in my signature if you have not voted) to decide if we are to continue our current seasons, finishing on GT7, or start fresh with new seasons. Be sure to place your vote to help decide our transition plans.

With that said, if the seasons are voted to be closed and points tallied (no drop scores due to shortened season), this could very well be an important event for final placement.

Barcelona is a tight and technical track with quite a few blind apexes and sharpening hairpins. Passing will be difficult, but not impossible...pick your spots.

As always mentioned, patience, minimal mistakes, and great lap consistency yields the best results.
Good luck to all drivers attending tonight's event.

Again, a reminder to all drivers to be patient, especially in the opening laps and busy race traffic. Hold your lines and observe your opponent's corner rights when in close battles. Lets continue to uphold the standards that Snail is best known for to close out our time on GTSport.
2 wheels on or inside the white line on runoff areas, or on the red/white curbing at all times.
(Corners can be clipped aggressively, but keep it legal)
Screenshot_20220225-080830_Samsung Internet.jpg
Fuel should not be a factor for this event.

As a reminder to all drivers, please verify your weight, and apply any issued and required success ballast based on the chart HERE.

Also, drivers are reminded that this series implements a success ballast and class graduating structure. Be sure to secure as many points as you can, even if its towards the back side of the grid....They add up over the 2 races in the event night.
See Tab 2.3 in the first post if you haven't already for Success Ballast details.

Race Room opens for entry and warmup at 9pm est. Please verify you are on the correct tires and in the correct livery. All entries must be in before qualifying which is set to start at 9:15pm est.
(Primary Party Chat will be opened just before the room creation)

Please reply below or message me up to 9pm est if any Reserves would like to race. Livery will be sent to you.

(Strike thru)= notified of absence
(?)= Questionable

@Roman_GT23 /Roman_GT23 (Platinum) 1st
@MrDonovan /MrDonovan (Gold) 3rd
@Harry Rowley /Harry_Rowley_10 (Platinum)
@IceWarden /Ice_Warden (Gold) 2nd
@MikeGrove / (Platinum) 1st Reserve
Reserve Drivers (no specific priority order)
@Megabytesize /Moby45 (Platinum)

Any additional Reserves or Snail members that are available, please reply if interested in Racing tonight.
We are in need of at least 2 Reserve Drivers for tonight.
Lets have a clean and competitive race night typical of our Snail standards, and good luck to all drivers on the grid for Event#5.

Last edited:

X
I'm mostly in the same situation, haven't even sought out a PS5 and still enjoying my trusty logitech, but for now it probably makes the most sense to just grab a copy of GT7 for the PS4 and just do that. Eventually, I'll probably get a PS5 when they're available, and I've been thinking a lot the last two years about upgrading my 15 year old furniture clamp and Hitchcock chair rig.

Let me share my tuning experience a bit. The practice rooms are all talk about tuning this week, again. Let me start by saying I have a G29 with an upgraded brake ( not a load cell, but works like it. Brake spring is much firmer). I built my on rig out of PVC tubing. Simple, but effective with a budget.
So, my tune on Monday was default for the specs in this league (I am ranked Platinum) and by the end of the night I was just into to 1:49's at Barcelona. OK but I wanted better. From there I worked with many things to set my car so I felt in control on the WHOLE track (Barcelona is not very forgiving with all its variety of turns).

Race day is here and I feel good about what I did and learned to setup the car and memorize the track (very key). I hope you all find that special tune as well. I shared mine to a few in a group msg after I was happy with it. Many comments started about what I did. That's OK, because the feeling I get from MY tune and rig will NOT match up with yours. Just go look for a listed tune on the web and you will begin to see the differences they all have. No two are alike. Use a shared tune only as a comparison to help you come to YOUR own tune. Think of your adjustments like in a real racing car. One setting change at a time. It takes awhile but you LEARN the effects of each setting.

STILL after all the hard work and setup learning, I can not go out and woop on an A+ driver that have the expensive rig. Track knowledge can help the most.

Sorry for the rant, but we are coming to the end here and felt I had to say something. Good luck tonight!!!

Last edited:
Brief post race report from a lucky reserve entry. Race1 understeer/overthrottle thru and off turn 4. Race over.

Race 2 opening half lap with @Noob01_lmdead was incredibly fun in the first clip. In the final laps I tried to throw away 5th place by making the classic mistake of driving in my mirrors. But the mid-race heated battle for 6th displayed some ridiculous driving skills from @Xradkins @MikeGrove @Harry Rowley @fruitloop31 @Yugofan @Phlano099.

ANNOUNCEMENT

Season 3 of the Snail Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge
to Resume on GT7

To all Drivers,
Thanks to those who replied/voted regarding our transition to GT7. Based on the votes recieved this past week, open discussions among drivers on our latest Porsche Event, and partially executive final decision, Season 3 of the Snail Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge will resume on GT7.

March 2022 will be used for testing and transitional purposes with a formal Exhibition/Testing race night scheduled for March 11th, 2022. Details and any changes will be shared after GT7 has been released and preliminary testing has been completed.

Our plan to resume Season 3 for Event #8 at Spa Francorchamps will be on Friday, April 8thnd, 2022 at 9pm est.

Please keep an eye on the thread as plans and details emerge. Looking forward to the new features of GT7 and what they may afford toward even more immersive racing.

Are you going to post the post race details or wait til we are to start up again? I cannot wait for GT7!!!

Are you going to post the post race details or wait til we are to start up again? I cannot wait for GT7!!!
Post Race Report should be up tomorrow. Meant to so it today, but very busy at work. Same here for GT7. A little disappointed on the 16 car grid cap, but do like what I'm hearing otherwise.

Post Race Report should be up tomorrow. Meant to so it today, but very busy at work. Same here for GT7. A little disappointed on the 16 car grid cap, but do like what I'm hearing otherwise.
Damn I saw people in customize race getting 20 cars thought we had a chance! Hopefully future update! We really need it and also updated gr.3 and gr.4 machines.

Nova, post here what car we need in GT7 for this series!
Same car:
2016 Porsche 911 GT3RS

Be sure to have access to extra credits for weight reduction/tires/other upgrades to meet spec for the series once I figure that all out. For now, just work on getting the car

17f3d1008b381-ee31C67A47BA77B728F.609478CBBF4C5361_message_421375085072174_1645996426063~2.jpg

Post Race Report
Event #7
at Barcelona
February 25th, 2021
Our time with GTSport has finally and officially come to an end for our series, with GT7 now open for racing.
Our final event displayed some great racing in Race 1 with @fruitloop31 taking a runaway win. Mid pack battles were plenty and worth a watch of the replay broadcast. However, Race 2 was a 40 minute highlight reel. Nearly the entire race was witness to some sort of battle somewhere the entire time. I had an opening few laps battle with @Bologna_Duc for 3rd place, then went after @Noob01_lmdead /rauljimenez76 for 2nd place. This battle lasted a few laps until i finally sealed the deal on the entrance to T1. He did try to counter, but ended up having to settle for maintaining applied pressure in hopes of me making a mistake. With him in my mirror, I mounted my attack on @Rob Brown for 1st place. After many laps of gaining and losing time with 1.2 seconds being the average seperation, a mistake finally afforded the opportunity to close and get on his bumper. I kept consistent pressure on Rob hoping he would make another mistake, but he held his line and hit his marks making it difficult for any overtake attempts to be worth the risk with Raul still close behind. Finally, on lap 18, Rob had a wiggle at the entrance to the back straight that allowed me a run on approach to the hairpin. In an attempt for Rob to outrbake and hold position, he ended up deep in the corner, allowing me to slide in underneath for the lead position. He tried to counter for the next half of a lap, but found himself under heavy pressure now from Raul for 2nd place. During these scuffles, fruitloop31 continued to close on the top 3, finally reaching raul's rear bumper in the closing sectors of the final lap. I finally grabbed a race win, with Raul and fruitloop finishing 2nd and 3rd respectively, and Rob finishing 4th due to an unfortunate bobble at the track edge on the exit of the final chicane that stole the 2 positions.
Another notable battle to mention was the 6 way battle for positions between @Xradkins , @Harry Rowley , @MikeGrove , @fruitloop31 , @Yugofan , and @Phlano099 the brewed up toward the end of lap 10. At points, there were 2 side by side battles raging while the 2 battles were nose to tail...insane display of driving and racecraft. Please have a look at that exchange...awesome watch.
In the end, when the dust settled, @fruitloop31 finished the night with a dominant overall win for our final Event on GTSport.
Have a look through the replay broadcasts....plenty worth watching. 😉
And please, feel free to share any of your battles and perspectives if you'd like.

Congratulations to our Event #7 Winner
@fruitloop31
:cheers:
and our top 3 overall:
1ST: @fruitloop31
2ND: @Harry Rowley
3RD: @JDMKING13

A huge shout out to @Harry Rowley for such a strong 2nd place finish and showing for his first race in the Platinum Driver Class. Great work.👍

Ballast adjustments have been posted. A 3% weight ballast was added for our winner, 2% weight ballast add for 2nd place (fruitloop is already maxed out), and 1% add for 3rd place.

Amendment to Ballasting Rule:
By request from the only Platinum driver to have maxed out the ballast system, the following will be edited into the rules:
Once a Platinum driver maxes out at 4 points/weight levels of ballast, any further podium finishes (1st, 2nd, or 3rd) will earn 1 addtional point/weight level per podium finish with no cap.
This will allow even the fastest drivers to reach their ceiling of challenge within the series, butbstil remain competitive. 1 point/weight level of Ballast will still be removed from any Platinum drivers with ballast applied for any finish outside the top 8.

No incidents were reported for this event.

Screenshot_20220226-180531_Sheets.jpg
Screenshot_20220226-180559_Sheets.jpg
Screenshot_20220226-180617_Sheets.jpg
TBD based on new GT7 parameters
17f3d0f9b9e90-ee31C67A47BA77B728F.609478CBBF4C5361_message_421374827488276_1645995419876~2.jpg
17f3d0fae8362-ee31C67A47BA77B728F.609478CBBF4C5361_message_421374856539025_1645995533355~2.jpg
17f3d0fc81e42-ee31C67A47BA77B728F.609478CBBF4C5361_message_421374901908987_1645995710581~2.jpg
17f3d0fd4ea4-ee31C67A47BA77B728F.609478CBBF4C5361_message_421374924447542_1645995798623~2.jpg
17f3d0fe09319-ee31C67A47BA77B728F.609478CBBF4C5361_message_421374999193398_1645996090599~2.jpg
17f3d0feecb86-ee31C67A47BA77B728F.609478CBBF4C5361_message_421375031394709_1645996216385~2.jpg
17f3d0ffa4d98-ee31C67A47BA77B728F.609478CBBF4C5361_message_421375052432061_1645996298562~2.jpg
17f3d1014cf36-ee31C67A47BA77B728F.609478CBBF4C5361_message_421375100739394_1645996487263~2.jpg
17f3d1008b381-ee31C67A47BA77B728F.609478CBBF4C5361_message_421375085072174_1645996426063~2.jpg
17f3d10356c34-ee31C67A47BA77B728F.609478CBBF4C5361_message_421375162471591_1645996728404~2.jpg
17f3d1041c422-ee31C67A47BA77B728F.609478CBBF4C5361_message_421375189908885_1645996835581~2.jpg
Event #7 Replay Broadcasts
Race 1

Race 2

For Actual Replays, use in game search tag:
snailgt3cup

Roster Changes:

None

As always, Great Racing to all Drivers who attended Event #7 and looking forward to our next chapter and Continuation of our season on the GT7 title. :cheers:
Next Points Event:
Event #8 at
Spa Francorchamps
Condition: TBD
on Friday, April 8th, 9pm est.

Drivers are welcomed and encouraged to confirm attendance/availability anytime.
Race event details and confirmation reminder posts to come as we get closer.

More GT7 Series News on testing and adapting for our needs will be forthcoming. In the meantime, unlock as much as possible, and try to access the '16 Porsche 911 GT3RS and be sure to have extra funds for upgrades. Alot of work to be done in a short amount of time. Stay tuned.

First GT7 Testing night:
Porsche
Track(s): TBD
Friday, March 11th at 9pm est.

Hope to see many on track then if not sooner.

Back