*COMPLETED* SNAIL-Porsche GT3 SuperCup Challenge: Congrats to our Season 3 Champ, fruitloop31!!Finished 

• Thread starter llNovall
  • 1,140 comments

Who's open to moving this Series to ACC after this season in Sept. '22?

• I have a PS5 and a copy of ACC and am ready to race for next season.

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • I have a PS5, and would purchase ACC to continue racing the Porsche Cup

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • I am getting PS5 soon and would purchase ACC to be ready to race in Sept. '22

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • I plan to get the PS5, but won't have it by September.

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • I have no plans to get the PS5 in the short term.

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters
I have a trip planned for August 4th...:banghead: :irked:
I am currently traveling also but will still be racing. Make it travel ready! I also now have a small flat screen tucked under the cardboard because my youngest doesn’t own a TV. 👍🏻😎

666577D9-738C-4E1D-A934-EBD73C1B9163.jpeg

I am currently traveling also but will still be racing. Make it travel ready! I also now have a small flat screen tucked under the cardboard because my youngest doesn’t own a TV. 👍🏻😎

View attachment 1176852
In Jeff Foxworthy voice; You maaaay be a racing addict if you … spent more time engineering your race seat than you spent in college.

Last edited:
Post Race Report
Event #10
at Monza
July 8th, 2022
Great racing overall. A few incidents as a result of lobby issues were present. Hoping PD gets us sorted out soon.
I'm going to leave the lobby open for those who wish to share their battles.
. :cheers:

Congratulations to our Event #10 Winner
@llNovall
:cheers:
and our top 3 overall:
1ST: @llNovall
2ND: @Roman_GT23
3RD: @Phlano099

Ballast adjustments have been posted.

Amendment to Ballasting Rule:
By request from the only Platinum driver to have maxed out the ballast system, the following will be edited into the rules:
Once a Platinum driver maxes out at 4 points/weight levels of ballast, any further podium finishes (1st, 2nd, or 3rd) will earn the same deductions, but in hp rather than weight
This will allow even the fastest drivers to reach their ceiling of challenge within the series, but still remain competitive.

1 point/weight level of Ballast will still be removed from any Platinum drivers with ballast applied for any finish outside the top 8.

No Incidents were reported for this event.

Screenshot_20220728-060144_Sheets.jpg
Screenshot_20220728-060242_Sheets.jpg
Screenshot_20220728-060306_Sheets.jpg
Screenshot_20220728-060034_Sheets.jpg
Awaiting Photos from Members

No Broadcast Available

For Actual Replays, use in game search tag:
snailgt3supercup

Roster Changes:

None

As always, Great Racing to all Drivers who attended Event #10 and looking forward to our next race event on August 5th. :cheers:
Next Points Event:
Event #11 at
Lago Maggiore GP
Condition: preset, late morning, SO7
on Friday, August 5th, 9pm est.

Drivers are welcomed and encouraged to confirm attendance/availability anytime.
Race event details and confirmation reminder posts to come as we get closer.

This is only one sample but I can report 6-lap lobby race with 4 cars this evening was remarkably stable. I did not see any of the kind of lag we’ve experienced previously. The replay was actually enjoyable to watch vs listening to a vinyl record skip twice on every revolution. If I watched closely I could see a little jitter in certain places. But I was very comfortable side by side.

@Kgffy @Noob01_lmdead @socalnatv - Did the room crash after I left (hosting)? Any different experience for you?

Early for any kind of verdict but I will acknowedge this latest update seems to have brought something for the lobbies finally. Maybe. I h**e (Four letter word for @Rob Brown; rhymes with pope).

This is only one sample but I can report 6-lap lobby race with 4 cars this evening was remarkably stable. I did not see any of the kind of lag we’ve experienced previously. The replay was actually enjoyable to watch vs listening to a vinyl record skip twice on every revolution. If I watched closely I could see a little jitter in certain places. But I was very comfortable side by side.

@Kgffy @Noob01_lmdead @socalnatv - Did the room crash after I left (hosting)? Any different experience for you?

Early for any kind of verdict but I will acknowedge this latest update seems to have brought something for the lobbies finally. Maybe. I h**e (Four letter word for @Rob Brown; rhymes with pope).
You know what they say about hope...

Hope in one hand, defecate in the other and see which one fills up first...

Last edited:

Thanks for the report Duc. I am hopeful that some lobby stability has come to fruition. The real verdict will come when we hopefully stack the grid for our next Porsche event and see if the stability can sustain the larger numbers. Fingers are crossed. While I have been involved heavily lately on ACC, I am missing our intense racing on GT, and am looking forward to a point where we can race confidently in close quarters again.

I don’t know what happened when you left because I was in another room at that moment. When I came back the room was down. But, the action on track during the race did seem to be much less twitchy. Some slight jitters but nothing like what I’ve seen and heard in other rooms/races.

On another note…I find it very difficult to be interested in driving that Porsche. I’ve tried a dozen different tunes that have been shared by others who know how much trouble that car gives me. I practiced real hard for the race at Monza, which I thought paid off, but I was left with a couple incidents where the reaction on track was so far from reality, that I just can’t bring myself to do it anymore in that car. Even in practice last night, same thing. I will not be participating in the event next Friday.

On yet another note…our last event in the Michelin series was one I will not forget. Although the grid was small, and a couple guys were twitching pretty bad, I was able to race real close with 4-5 other cars that left me smiling for days. Real good stuff !!!

I hope the lobby issues on GT get sorted out.
I figure I would rather spend my time trying to get the Porsche n ACC figured out before I waste anymore time in the one in GT.
I hope that Michelin series will not crumble due to what’s going on with this game at the moment. I’m really enjoying those events !!! Watkins Glen should be a blast.

Last edited:
I don’t know what happened when you left because I was in another room at that moment. When I came back the room was down. But, the action on track during the race did seem to be much less twitchy. Some slight jitters but nothing like what I’ve seen and heard in other rooms/races.

On another note…I find it very difficult to be interested in driving that Porsche. I’ve tried a dozen different tunes that have been shared by others who know how much trouble that car gives me. I practiced real hard for the race at Monza, which I thought paid off, but I was left with a couple incidents where the reaction on track was so far from reality, that I just can’t bring myself to do it anymore in that car. Even in practice last night, same thing. I will not be participating in the event next Friday.

On yet another note…our last event in the Michelin series was one I will not forget. Although the grid was small, and a couple guys were twitching pretty bad, I was able to race real close with 4-5 other cars that left me smiling for days. Real good stuff !!!

I hope the lobby issues on GT get sorted out.
I figure I would rather spend my time trying to get the Porsche n ACC figured out before I waste anymore time in the one in GT.
I hope that Michelin series will not crumble due to what’s going on with this game at the moment. I’m really enjoying those events !!! Watkins Glen should be a blast.
I am hardly on GT7 anymore, just Sunday nights with Snail, spend most of my time on ACC now, just more fun.

I am hardly on console any more. Spend most of my time on iRacing, just more fun. I don’t hear the four letter words that rhyme with fish and dope. But I’ll be back to race with you people … is that offensive? … you know what I mean by that; (pecker heads).
Love you too, mean it...

just wanted to post this cool photo i took a while back in our nurb race and i think i never shared it :cheers:
View attachment 1178646

Also hoping we can keep this championship alive because im loving it honestly, one of the best experiences ive had in gran turismo, thanks to all of you!
Great pic Valex. I keep getting reports that lobbies have been more stable since the last update. Haven't had a chance to get on GT7 to verify myself, but I am hopeful that some issues have been resolved so we can get back to racing as we've known it.

Saw this on the ARL Discord thread...not a good omen...

"I really hope the private lobbies improve before the start of the season. If tonight’s practice lag fest session is any indication, it’s not possible to race people who bounce like pin balls by no fault of their own"

Back