*COMPLETED* SNAIL-Porsche GT3 SuperCup Challenge: Congrats to our Season 3 Champ, fruitloop31!!Finished 

• Thread starter llNovall
  • 1,140 comments

Who's open to moving this Series to ACC after this season in Sept. '22?

• I have a PS5 and a copy of ACC and am ready to race for next season.

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • I have a PS5, and would purchase ACC to continue racing the Porsche Cup

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • I am getting PS5 soon and would purchase ACC to be ready to race in Sept. '22

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • I plan to get the PS5, but won't have it by September.

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • I have no plans to get the PS5 in the short term.

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters
Alright Fellas,
We have 1 race event to go to end Season 3 of the Porsche GT3 Cup series. With the current state of GT7 (prior to this week's update), I am considering running our final event at LeMans on GTSport. I will assess this weekend if PD afforded any online stability improvements to decide if we stay on GT7 for the Finale. If it remains the same jittery mess it is now, I would like to run this event on GTSport with our old cars if the majority of the group is onboard.
Please post your vote in the thread:
1 = Stay on GT7
2 = Lets finish this on GTSport

Conditions and Confirmation Reminder Post with event details will be out by the end of the weekend.

@llNovall /II-NOVA-II (Platinum)
@Phlano099 /@Phlano_099 (Platinum)
@Roman_GT23 /Roman_GT23 (Platinum)
@MrDonovan /MrDonovan (Gold)
@Yugofan /Yugofan (Platinum)
@Harry Rowley /Harry_Rowley_10 (Platinum)
@Noob01_lmdead /rauljimenez76 (Platinum)
@socalnatv /Sand_68 (Platinum)
@fruitloop31 / fruitloop31 (Platinum)
@JDMKING13 / jdmking13 (Gold)
@Rob Brown /no1needs2perish (Platinum)
@Trickybrewer/ Trickybrewer (Platinum)
@Kgffy / kgffty (Platinum)
@Xradkins/ Xrad-11 (Platinum)
@Bologna_Duc / Bologna_Duc (Platinum)
@Valex /Valex997 (Platinum)
Reserve Drivers (no specific priority order)
@MikeGrove / (Platinum)
@aedenmaddok /aedonmaddok (Gold)
@Kermit_2142 /Kermit_2142 (Platinum)
@SydViscus / Sydviscus (Gold)
@ruggermole / ruggermole (Gold)
@rsrgse / rsrgse (Platinum)
@Track_King47 / (Gold)
@CRC_Tony / Tony_Crays (Gold)

Apparantly the IGTL team have tested the ps4 version on the ps5 console and conclude that lag is greatly reduced by doing this.
The theory is that the PS5 version of GT7 is bugged in some way and that running the ps4 version on all consoles gives improved lobby stability for everyone.

Apparantly the IGTL team have tested the ps4 version on the ps5 console and conclude that lag is greatly reduced by doing this.
The theory is that the PS5 version of GT7 is bugged in some way and that running the ps4 version on all consoles gives improved lobby stability for everyone.
I would love to see the data that supports that theory including the testing methods that were used.

To be clear, I'm not doubting it out of hand but my nature requires me to see the data behind the claim.

need more clams
1661184767635.png

This one is empty. LOL

Last edited:
I would love to see the data that supports that theory including the testing methods that were used.

To be clear, I'm not doubting it out of hand but my nature requires me to see the data behind the claim.
100%.

I heard it through word of mouth, it looked credible from what I saw, but I have no further information on how or what they did exactly to come to that conclusion.

They are a well renowned group from what I can gather with a deep investment in GT over many years so I doubt they would announce something like that without strong merit behind it.

I half expected someone here would know of someone in IGTL who could have verified it, otherwise I was just spreading the word of a potential short term solution to the lobby woes we are all having to deal with.

Last edited:
Alright Fellas,
We have 1 race event to go to end Season 3 of the Porsche GT3 Cup series. With the current state of GT7 (prior to this week's update), I am considering running our final event at LeMans on GTSport. I will assess this weekend if PD afforded any online stability improvements to decide if we stay on GT7 for the Finale. If it remains the same jittery mess it is now, I would like to run this event on GTSport with our old cars if the majority of the group is onboard.
Please post your vote in the thread:
1 = Stay on GT7
2 = Lets finish this on GTSport

Conditions and Confirmation Reminder Post with event details will be out by the end of the weekend.

@MikeGrove / (Platinum)
@Track_King47 / (Gold)
Thanks to Duc, Kermit, and Xrad for the replies. At this point, since no one seems to have an opinion on it, we will run on GT7 regardless of the lag.

Here are the scores for our last event:
Screenshot_20220823-065447_Sheets.jpg
Screenshot_20220823-065524_Sheets.jpg
Screenshot_20220823-065546_Sheets.jpg
Screenshot_20220823-063840_Sheets.jpg

Change Chart
Screenshot_20220823-064703_Sheets.jpg

This is the confirmation reminder post:
Season Finale
Event #12
at LeMans

Friday, September 2nd
9pm est

All drivers, please confirm your attendance for our Friday, September 2nd Event #12.
Track: LeMans.
Conditions: Preset, Afternoon, SO2
Laps: TBD
Start Point: TBA

As was the case for our last event, we will need at least 12 drivers confirmed and on the grid for qualifying.

@MikeGrove / (Platinum)
@Track_King47 / (Gold)

Last edited:
Sorry I was a bit late since I was out all weekend. I no longer have a PS4. I traded it in for an Elgato Stream Deck for my PC. However I still have Sport if we had to go back to it. But like someone says. I'll just follow with whatever going on.

P.S. Confirming my VW Bettle for entry

Last edited:
I am going fishing that weekend, which is killing me, as @llNovall and I are in a tight battle for 4th...what about running this on Friday???

View attachment 1186298
You just gotta trim back on those fishing trips. Unfortunately, I wont be available this Friday....I have my in-laws coming into town this Friday, and it is too short notice to the rest of the drivers for prep and practice. Guess I'm gonna need to try and capitalize on this one.. how many points do I need??😏

You just gotta trim back on those fishing trips. Unfortunately, I wont be available this Friday....I have my in-laws coming into town this Friday, and it is too short notice to the rest of the drivers for prep and practice. Guess I'm gonna need to try and capitalize on this one.. how many points do I need??😏

I watched the replay and I should probably be docked for the downhill hairpin lap 1 of the second race if I recall correctly. I'll be at Lime Rock for the upcoming race, so all your bumpers will be safe from harm.

My apologies to everyone, and specifically to anyone who was affected.

Back