SNAIL Rider Cup (USA vs Canada) All drivers welcome!

• Thread starter SAMHAIN85
  • 37 comments

SAMHAIN85

SNAIL
Premium
Latvia
socal
SAMHAIN85
Rwr7ENR.png

PRESENTS:

United-StatesVsCanada (1).png

USA vs Canada Rider Cup Team Event

Thanks to @BradESPN 's original idea

This will be a team event where you represent your home country

Combos and structure has yet to be determined. I'm open to any and all ideas

USA drivers will all be using the same themed livery, as well as the Canadian drivers

Teams will be in their own party chat's to coordinate strategies

SNAIL probably has a ratio of 7:1 of USA and Canadian drivers, so we're going to need more guys from the great white north to step up. I have reached out to some of our friends at ARL and they are interested in racing. Anyone else on GTPlanet is welcome to join (as long as you're in the States or Canada)

There will be no cap on the entry list. As long as we have roughly equal the same amount of drivers representing both countries, we can have multiple full race lobbies run simultaneously with all points being tracked and added up together

We will do our best to balance the skill levels. I'd like to see an even amount of drivers representing both countries of equal skill levels

So consider this thread a work in progress. I'd like to run this within the next couple of weeks.

Post in this thread if you're interested so we can start to get a rough head count and we'll start working out a date and other logistics from there.

When signing up please state which Country you are representing

Always interested in racing against good drivers and potential bonus of different format. If needed for group/format balance I’d cross the border, if allowed.

To no surprise the Americans are out numbering the Canadians at 2-1 (17 signups vs 8) But it looks like you guys have some others lined up, and 8 Canadians already signed up is a great start. The difficult thing will be to get everyone's schedule in line with each other and decide a date to run this. Not everyone that has signed up will in fact be present for the event. So I think if we shoot for 16 confirmed drivers for each team, with a couple reserves on deck, which would make for a fun evening of 2 full rooms.

usa.jpg

1. @SAMHAIN85
  2. @gatordaryl
  3. @Nick Cannella
  4. @Harry Rowley
  5. @LST
  6. @GTR4MROD
  7. @racingchamp30
  8. @fullness
  9. @PApunk924
  10. @Phlano099
  11. @FREEREVN
  12. @llNovall
  13. @Bologna_Duc
  14. @Timlour
  15. @Yugofan
  16. @aedenmaddok
  17. @Herimopp89

canada.jpg

1. @BPeacock2727
  2. @Stryker13
  3. @SydViscus
  4. @DublDee
  5. @CdnSweetTee
  6. @CANOWORMS1
  7. @LightningFox
  8. @Nicktune

I'm not really sure how to go about picking a date. If we do in fact run 2 full rooms (and have enough signed up), maybe we spread them across two different days? Lobby A runs on one day, and maybe the following day Lobby B runs? It might help build some excitement since the winner wouldnt be decided until after that second day. So participants can tune into the streams and see it unfold.

For now, how does the final weekend of March sound? 3/27 and 3/28. We would have to run it early in the day with SNAIL and ARL events going on later at night. 3/27 6PM EST & 3/28 6PM EST?

As far as the structure goes, like I said in the OP I'm open to all ideas. We can have the Americans choose a combo, the Canadians choose a combo, and have a 3rd combo be picked at random. We can use previously run SNAIL combos. I can create a poll in this thread and have everyone vote on a car/track. The sky is the limit.

Always interested in racing against good drivers and potential bonus of different format. If needed for group/format balance I’d cross the border, if allowed.

I think that would kinda take away from what were trying to do here. But that was very Canadian of you to offer such a kind gesture!

pending date and timeframe I am more than down to do this. Last time we did something like this we whopped up on lobanaro guys big time.

Yes, yes we did

Theres talks about also doing something similar between SNAIL & ARL which should be fun

Unfortunately I wasn’t really thinking when I jumped up and declared my interest in this event!
If this event is happening prior to the first weekend in April, Cdn_Sweet_Tee and I will have to skip this one as we are moving into our new place between now and then and with work schedules, 99% of our moving is done on the weekends.:banghead:

If it’s after April fools day we’re in but please don’t change it just for us if there’s enough interest to do it in March, we’ll catch the next one.:cheers:

Last edited:
Total spitball:

The numbers make me think of a power play in hockey. I hear that sport has some popularity in parts of Canada. Hockey / roller derby.

- Canadians off the line first en masse 5sec head start
- Americans start
- Canadian objective: keep americans behind
- American objective: get 1 person across the line first
- As in roller derby Canadians can block full width of track. Some coordination will be required for tracks with varying width. Two groups could even form a couple seconds apart as a rear echelon.
- Anyone who laps 10seconds slower than standard Snail mid-Div lap time for combo must exit. This keeps Canadians from driving too slow but also keeps them honest as they go for Canadian Snowangel-like handling precision to try and maintain blockade formation.
- Americans must pass Snail clean. Passing penalties incur DQ of 2 Americans. If American makes it into lead but is passed before finish they must exit.
- Passed Canadians can pass again to rejoin blockade.

:gtpflag::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:
To no surprise the Americans are out numbering the Canadians at 2-1 (17 signups vs 8) But it looks like you guys have some others lined up, and 8 Canadians already signed up is a great start. The difficult thing will be to get everyone's schedule in line with each other and decide a date to run this. Not everyone that has signed up will in fact be present for the event. So I think if we shoot for 16 confirmed drivers for each team, with a couple reserves on deck, which would make for a fun evening of 2 full rooms.

View attachment 996584

1. @SAMHAIN85
  2. @gatordaryl
  3. @Nick Cannella
  4. @Harry Rowley
  5. @LST
  6. @GTR4MROD
  7. @racingchamp30
  8. @fullness
  9. @PApunk924
  10. @Phlano099
  11. @FREEREVN
  12. @llNovall
  13. @Bologna_Duc
  14. @Timlour
  15. @Yugofan
  16. @aedenmaddok
  17. @Herimopp89

View attachment 996585

1. @BPeacock2727
  2. @Stryker13
  3. @SydViscus
  4. @DublDee
  5. @CdnSweetTee
  6. @CANOWORMS1
  7. @LightningFox
  8. @Nicktune

I'm not really sure how to go about picking a date. If we do in fact run 2 full rooms (and have enough signed up), maybe we spread them across two different days? Lobby A runs on one day, and maybe the following day Lobby B runs? It might help build some excitement since the winner wouldnt be decided until after that second day. So participants can tune into the streams and see it unfold.

For now, how does the final weekend of March sound? 3/27 and 3/28. We would have to run it early in the day with SNAIL and ARL events going on later at night. 3/27 6PM EST & 3/28 6PM EST?

As far as the structure goes, like I said in the OP I'm open to all ideas. We can have the Americans choose a combo, the Canadians choose a combo, and have a 3rd combo be picked at random. We can use previously run SNAIL combos. I can create a poll in this thread and have everyone vote on a car/track. The sky is the limit.

I think that would kinda take away from what were trying to do here. But that was very Canadian of you to offer such a kind gesture!

Yes, yes we did

Theres talks about also doing something similar between SNAIL & ARL which should be fun
Would also be proud and happy to drive for Canada! Half my family live their, and as a Brit, kinda fits with the Commonwealth. If that helps add drivers?

Back