SNAIL - Survivor Series #4 - Next Event TBA

• Thread starter SAMHAIN85
  • 823 comments
Say a car with 110 weight is drafting another. If a 100 weight car is behind that 110 will it gain more speed in the draft than the 110?

If anyone is around before Sunday racing tomorrow, or maybe Monday night, we can run some mock races and see what its like with so many differently modified cars on track. Tom and I ran a few laps earlier tonight and no one was really pulling away, it was awesome. He's on SM's while I'm on SH's and it was really interesting to see the gaps gradually build and then decrease throughout the lap in certain sections. On paper this seems like it should make for excellent close racing, but we wont know until we try it.

Sounds like a great idea. I will be on and look for this room later tonight.

@SAMHAIN85 , Awesome stuff Brother! Thank you for the effort and time you have given to SNAIL for the benefit of our community in general.This looks like it may make it possible for all the divisions to participate on a more level playing field. I have a feeling this may lead to some interesting events in our future.:cheers::gtpflag:

PS: The name ROCKS!

I echo @Raw10_2u sentiments. Really appreciate the work you have done @SAMHAIN85. I was a little disappointed to see Mike disappear ("I'm gon eat your children!"), but I like the name and reference to WWF/WWE.

I put a request in the decal thread for that Knockout Series logo 👍

Thanks for posting the decals @DesertPenguin!

Say a car with 110 weight is drafting another. If a 100 weight car is behind that 110 will it gain more speed in the draft than the 110?

I guess we'll have to find out :)

I'll have a practice lobby open around 6:30PM EST for 30 minutes. I'll post the lobby # here once it's opened. We can see what its like with multiple people on track.

@stelephant HP: 92% Weight: 106% SM

1:50.000 will be our "Target Time". This should be a time that you can comfortably run, not a lap you have to ace every sector in order to achieve. But I dont think anyone should be capable of running anything faster than lets say a 1:49.4xx.
With my new specs, I am pretty consistent at about 1:50.2XX, with a fast lap of 1:49.550.
Seems like I am in line with your times. :)

Ha it's just the time we as a family have always sat down to eat. It comes from when my parents were both working and got home around 4/5 so by 6 they were relaxed and ready to start making dinner. Now we just time it to around there because that's when ABC World News starts. We are creatures of habit, no? :)

Lobby open for 30mins

0474-5852-3877-6168-3524

Fun prac session. We'll do it again maybe tomorrow

Last edited:
Ha it's just the time we as a family have always sat down to eat. It comes from when my parents were both working and got home around 4/5 so by 6 they were relaxed and ready to start making dinner. Now we just time it to around there because that's when ABC World News starts. We are creatures of habit, no? :)
Family time is great. Take it when you can get it.

I was a little disappointed to see Mike disappear

Me too, but I think Survivor Series has a better ring to it than KO Series.

That picture I used was when Iron Mike was at his peak in 1988 from one of my favorite fights of his. Larry Holmes the ex champ came out of retirement to teach Mike a lesson, or so he thought. It didnt end well for the "Easton Assassin".

Anyone want to try out some more mock races tonight? Maybe around 9PM EST? I'm still fine tuning my specs but I think I'm pretty close. I'll have an updated sheet made with current specs/time later tonight.

@Hanable would you like me to add you to the list?

Me too, but I think Survivor Series has a better ring to it than KO Series.

That picture I used was when Iron Mike was at his peak in 1988 from one of my favorite fights of his. Larry Holmes the ex champ came out of retirement to teach Mike a lesson, or so he thought. It didnt end well for the "Easton Assassin".

Anyone want to try out some more mock races tonight? Maybe around 9PM EST? I'm still fine tuning my specs but I think I'm pretty close. I'll have an updated sheet made with current specs/time later tonight.

@Hanable would you like me to add you to the list?

I might be able to join a little after 9 EST.

Im down to join

Cool you're in. Do you happen to remember what specs you tried out yesterday?94% hp / 108% weight SHs?

Anyways give that a shot in your own online lobby or in the prac lobby tonight and see what kind of times you run. We're aiming for 1:50.000

Edit: I'm setting a registration deadline for June 20th 11:59PM EST

Last edited:
Cool you're in. Do you happen to remember what specs you tried out yesterday?94% hp / 108% weight SHs?

Anyways give that a shot in your own online lobby or in the prac lobby tonight and see what kind of times you run. We're aiming for 1:50.000

Edit: I'm setting a registration deadline for June 20th 11:59PM EST
Alrighty

I forgot theres Enduro practice tonight (which I need to run some laps on too) so I'll shoot for having a lobby open between 8pm-830pm est

I Thought there was something going on for me on the 22nd and I just couldn’t figure it out and I just realized what it was. Street Outlaws No Prep Kings will be in town June 22nd and June 23rd. I was planning on going to the Friday night show. I apologize for any inconvienance @SAMHAIN85.
I am going to miss out on my best combo. :(

Bummer man. We'll try to run a mock event next week with actual eliminations to see how it goes and you can get a taste of it. Maybe at the end of the night after we've run normal non-elimination mock races.

How did the testing go the other night? Sorry I couldn’t join up, got home from work a little later than I expected.

We tested last night with a couple races and even recruited @Kgffy

I think it went pretty well. I still have no idea how this is going to play out but I'm hoping for the best.

Didnt get a chance to update the sheet last night, I'll get around to it tonight if I have time after the enduro.

Edit: if this first event works out well, I think what we'll do in the future is have more of an "official" time trial. Since I was only guesstimating everyone's handicaps, which were pretty close for most of you to hitting 1:50, I have more data to work with now to figure out everyone's overall pace.

A 30min endurance race that you run solo and then upload the replay could be used as your Time Trial. Not only will that help me figure out handicaps by looking at all of your lap times, it will also show that you have a pretty good interest in competing in this altogether.

Last edited:
I’m definitely interested= sign me up, one suggestion is work with weight more then hp to even things up, guess it would be based on different tracks too

Thanks. Here are a few photos from us side by side and also showcasing other battles at the same time. Plus a shot from the start with everyone bunched up always looks good.

4764830479742404096_0.jpg

4756386220374753792_0.jpg

4756386230977954312_0.jpg

4765393421642761728_0.jpg

I updated the data chart in post #3
I left the previous data in there for comparison sake. Your bottom line in BOLD is what your current specs are and what you should use when you run some test laps. If your Test Lap Time cell is blank, it means you havent told us what times you're running with those specs. Try to run some laps with those specs and post your time(s) in this thread.

Remember to use the correct settings when testing.
Do not run laps in Time Trial/Arcade mode.

Create a Lobby > Use these Settings below:

Set Max Participants to 2 (you don't want a bunch of random people joining as you're trying to put down laps)

Track: Dragon Trail Gardens
Car: Alfa 4C GR4
HP: 295 Weight: 2249 Class: GR4
Time of Day: 6:30

Slip stream strength: real
Mechanical damage: light
Tire wear: 1x
Fuel consumption: 1x
Grip Red. On Wet Track / Track Edge: real
Tuning: Prohibited

If you dont have a blank Test Lap Time cell, it means your specs should be good to go for race day, but not necessarily final.
I've added @RacingOtaku86 to the entry list since he has interest in joining us.

@TomMang_68 has offered his help to make this run as smooth as possible and will be Chief Steward. He will also be in communication with the stand-by's who weren't one of the first 16 to join the lobby, and will let them know when they are able to join after Heat #1. He will also help verify HP #'s and Weight lb's throughout the night.

If either of us get knocked out we will then become a 'broadcaster' spectating the remaining races and live streaming them. This means him and I will not be exiting the lobby after Heat #1, regardless if we get knocked out or not since we are needed to stay in the lobby at all times. Even though 3 people will get knocked out after Heat #1, there may not necessarily be 3 people exiting the lobby.

So the 'schedule' all depends on what happens, but I'll post all the scenarios later on in the week so theres no confusion.

Lets shoot for more practice races tomorrow afternoon. Had some good races with Stele Tom Raw Jam Otaku tonight

Edit: I forgot to add G$ and hanable to the data sheet. Will update tomorrow

@BradESPN
@spidermonkey
@Mully465
@Raw10_2u
@Oshawa-Joe
@thraceviewr
@FREEREVN
@stelephant
@TexasJDC
@Tecticles
@Nick Cannella