SNAIL - Survivor Series #4 - Next Event TBA

• Thread starter SAMHAIN85
  • 823 comments
Just remember that HP affects your straight line speed more and weight/tires affects your cornering speed more. So, the BoP's we got for Sainte-Croix will not necessarily work on other tracks. I think you will still have to make adjustments. So, maybe it is not a bad idea to go for a different combo (and have something with a cockpit view....).

Medium speed cars with close racing:
- Toyota MR2 @ Autodrome Lago Maggiore - Center (munual shifter only affects the start)
- AUDI R8 4.2 FSI R TRONIC 2007 @ Blue Moon Bay Speedway - Infield A (manual shifter should have minimal effect)
- CHEVROLET CORVETTE C7 GR.4 @ Blue Moon Bay Speedway (a lot of drafting on this one though)
- FORD MUSTANG GR.4 @ Kyoto Driving Park - Yamagiwa
- TOYOTA 86 GRMN 2016 @ Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit

What we should do is vote for which one would be the most fun and make an unofficial promise to pick it as the next A prize so we can get some stats & info to see if we like it

Personally I think Blue Moon is a bad choice for a track. EXCLUDING the infield tracks, the tri-oval just doesn’t scream exciting or fun. I’m kinda anti-oval overall.

Just remember that HP affects your straight line speed more and weight/tires affects your cornering speed more. So, the BoP's we got for Sainte-Croix will not necessarily work on other tracks. I think you will still have to make adjustments. So, maybe it is not a bad idea to go for a different combo (and have something with a cockpit view....).

Another idea to try is test to see how 'boost' works in this format while keeping everyone at 100% stock. It may need to be cranked up to high, and if theres a few that cant keep up the pace with the front runners, maybe give them 1 better tire compound. When I was testing for the Event #2, I found that only changing from SM to SS decreased my laptime by 1 second.

This would eliminate the need to have to spend a lot of time testing/tuning and constant tweaking as they get faster the more they are practicing.

It would also sting a lot less if you were to get knocked out in prelims. Theres a few of you that probably spent 2+ hours practicing/tuning and getting me updated #s, just to be eliminated early and compete for a total of 6 minutes. You wouldnt have to invest as much time into this now that we wouldn't be touching any specs.

We could also be a lot more lenient on letting people compete. I felt bad turning down someone after the deadline closed. I set the deadline 2 days prior to the event to give everyone plenty of time to dial in accurate specs. While you'll still be expected to show up with some practice, you won't need to invest as much time as before.

This is just an idea we'll have to test. I think this series has proven BOS (balance of skill - is that a thing?) is possible. It just takes a lot of work by everyone involved.

Another idea to try is test to see how 'boost' works in this format while keeping everyone at 100% stock. It may need to be cranked up to high, and if theres a few that cant keep up the pace with the front runners, maybe give them 1 better tire compound. When I was testing for the Event #2, I found that only changing from SM to SS decreased my laptime by 1 second.

This would eliminate the need to have to spend a lot of time testing/tuning and constant tweaking as they get faster the more they are practicing.

It would also sting a lot less if you were to get knocked out in prelims. Theres a few of you that probably spent 2+ hours practicing/tuning and getting me updated #s, just to be eliminated early and compete for a total of 6 minutes. You wouldnt have to invest as much time into this now that we wouldn't be touching any specs.

We could also be a lot more lenient on letting people compete. I felt bad turning down someone after the deadline closed. I set the deadline 2 days prior to the event to give everyone plenty of time to dial in accurate specs. While you'll still be expected to show up with some practice, you won't need to invest as much time as before.

This is just an idea we'll have to test. I think this series has proven BOS (balance of skill - is that a thing?) is possible. It just takes a lot of work by everyone involved.
Being one of the slowest guys I dont helping out and testing that just let me know

The Monday night Miata series used to run with boost on. It reportedly worked well to keep the field together. That was in GT6 so I don't know how well it works in GTSport but it's worth a shot as it would take a way a lot of the leg work and preparation that has to go in to this the way it is now.

With this event having a wrestling influenced theme to it (the name Survivor Series and it basically being a Royal Rumble in a race format) my interest was sparked for watching old clips of my favorite wrestlers growing up in the 90s.

He doesnt get enough credit, but early 90s Scott Steiner was one hell of an athlete. Incredible talent

As far as Survivor Series #3 goes, lets start thinking about a new combo and test it with the boost on to see what its like. If it doesnt work well we'll go back to our original format.

After running@MajorBlixem 's Relay race Holiday Event I got an idea. As a one-off event for Survivor Series, why not adopt part of the same relay format? And instead of 3 man teams, we just use 2 man teams. They can be labeled "Tag Teams" which would keep our Wrestling influence. If you finish last in your heat, your "team" gets eliminated.

We could technically have 2 separate champions at all times. @THRASH being our current Survivor Series 'Singles' Champion, and then we could have 2 be our current 'Tag Team' Champions.

And we could change it up every couple events:

Survivor Series 1
SAMHAIN85 (singles champ)

Survivor Series 2
Thrash (singles champ)

Survivor Series 3
Driver A/Driver B (tag team champs)

Survivor Series 4
Driver A (singles champ)

Survivor Series 5
Driver A (singles champ)

Survivor Series 6
Driver A/Driver B (tag team champs)

And so on.
This is of course if Major is ok with allowing us to use his format. I think itd be fun.

@SAMHAIN85

I had a bunch of ideas for relay that I never told.

What if you have each driver have a different car. Driver 1 has a Gr.3 and driver 2 has a Gr.4. We run whatever order we want and relay as many times as needed....

whoever starts the race must finish the race as long as the other member runs the nessicary laps.

Here’s a few. I didn’t write them down though and wish I would have. If these sound good please use them.

Singles Champ, new tag belts, I am ready.
DED9CB6B-F995-4F43-A60D-E770248D336C.jpeg

RIP
upload_2019-1-2_15-5-7.jpeg

Gene Okerlund, the legendary wrestling interviewer dubbed "Mean Jean" by Jesse Ventura, has died. He was 76 years old.

Okerlund started his career as a reporter for the AWA, where he first crossed paths with Ventura and other up-and-comers like Hulk Hogan. In 1984, Okerlund started his career with the WWE (which, as you'll likely remember, was still called the WWF at the time).

Okerlund worked with the WCW for eight years, but returned to the WWE in 2001 where he stayed for the rest of his career. He was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in 2006.

Yeah lets try out some testing. I would like to try this out for size just to see how it works:

So it'd be nice to test this with a variety of divisions. Any suggestions for a combo? Should we continue to use the SF-R? I'll be online with a lobby open at 9:30 EST

I have a request that Survivor Series 4 be at SSRX. I would imagine if there is a car that doesn’t top out there would be little to no testing.

Don't think there is any way i can help but would like to participate in the next survivor series, same car. Don't mind if we use a different car to play around with.

Stay tuned for an update on Survivor Series #3.

The jury is still out on if we'll use the original BOP through fine tuned testing, or if we use only boost and different tire compounds across different divisions while still keeping hp and weight stock. Either way, the goal will still be for everyone no matter which division or skill level, to be as competitive as everyone else.

Back