SNAIL - Survivor Series #4 - Next Event TBA

• Thread starter SAMHAIN85
  • 823 comments
I reset everything, let neutty go and I'll be odd man
Sorry guys dunno what happened, I never have problems...

Good show last 2 races. Better than Netflix on the big screen. We even have a little drama at end of race 1 lol.

Congrats @SAMHAIN85. @Mully465, what a finish!

81u2JsICluL._SX355_.jpg

What you gonna do when the SamHain-iacs run wild on you!?!?

Wow guys! That was intense to say the least.

While its still fresh in my mind I'll get my thoughts out on what happened and how the night went.

Unfortunately right out of the friggin gate we ran into problems. When I opened the lobby at 9PM a flood of SNAILs joined as expected, as well as some randoms. Before I could blink the lobby was full. Tom took care of the texting to let them know about SNAIL and if they didnt leave within a few seconds I would give them the boot. Knowing that other SNAILs are trying to get in for qually I started booting them faster to make room for SNAILs.

You can watch it back on my stream - I went to boot some random and it decided to kick Jam instead. Ugh. A few mins later the same thing happens to Red. Once you get booted you cant re-join. So off I go to make a new lobby, 15 minutes wasted.

We really need to test 'friends only' lobbies for something like this. It would save a lot of time if it works properly.

Tom and Red played a huge role tonight and without their help this would've been a cluster muck. Tec was also nice enough to offer his assistance. Big thanks guys.

I have huge respect for anyone that organizes a racing series after getting my first taste of it. Its nice to know theres people here willing to lend a hand, especially that have a lot of experience.

I was running my fastest laps ever in qualifying and was getting angry at myself. How am I running this fast after practicing all week and getting "appropriate" times? So I de-tuned myself. I'm the last person that should be off and running well below the benchmark.

I'm still confused how it happened. Like someone mentioned in the party chat, it could be because of the new update maybe effecting tire physics. Either way, I wasnt too thrilled and it threw me off.

This combo, while super fun, probably wasnt the best choice for our first run at this. You can be sure the next track we use will be something all of us have plenty of experience at, and a more forgiving one as well. (that chicane alone can make or break your entire lap)

As far as the racing goes...it was awesome to see people from all divisions compete side by side. There was no clear cut favorite, no one knew who would win.

Now just imagine having a full lobby on Sunday night like that, where everyone is equally running around the same times, across 8 different divisions. We're on the right path getting back to those glory days I think.

Going into tonight I didn't give myself much of a chance. Out of all the mock races we did I simply didnt have enough car to get around anyone. I was prepared for an early exit and become a broadcaster for the majority of the night. Ladyluck was on my side, as well as some other unfortunate events ahead of me. I also made contact with @TexasJDC 's bumper entering T1, and while he didnt lose control, I think it helped contribute to him hooking it on one of the red kerbs in the chicane. I'm really sorry about that :banghead:

I'll post the Heat results later. And if you missed it, Mully and I had an epic finals race. Thats exactly how it was supposed to be. Great job Mully.

This is still a work in progress. Thanks again to Tom and Red and to everyone who participated. It sounds like you guys are anxious to try this again. Stay tuned for the next one. Itll be much more orgnaized and way better than this one :cheers:

No worries man I was just happy with making it out of the first round that alone exceeded my expectations lol as I always say its racing **** happens and I hooked the curb that's 100% on me sorry if I messed anyone else's line up but I will say it was very fun big thanks to all who put it together

I think it had been mentioned before...if everyone runs a decent race and you make one mistake that's it. I got sideways on the last turn and tried to save it by giving it too much gas. Although I did save it, it was too late and that cost me.

I think what I liked most was getting to race with all divisions.

I'll give it some thought and see if there is an easier way to BoP but don't have any ideas yet.

Thanks again to all the people that helped make this event as Sam mentioned.

@spidermonkey, how true about the one mistake. I made one mistake and it ended my run, as I ended up finishing last in the 4th heat I believe. Still, it was big fun and I certainly exceeded my own personal performance expectations. Grabbing the pole was huge for me, and I was very quick off the start. I didn’t think I’d last as long as I did with this group of outstanding racers. Great job to everyone and I apologize for those I messed up with my mistake.

Registration Deadline: Wednesday June 20th 11:59PM EST

If you're interested in signing up post in this thread. I will give you preliminary specs to test in your own online lobby. Test lobby settings:

Do not run laps in Time Trial/Arcade mode.

Create a Lobby > Use these Settings below:

Set Max Participants to 2
(you don't want a bunch of random people joining as you're trying to put down laps)

Track: Dragon Trail Gardens
Car: Alfa 4C GR4
HP: 295 Weight: 2249 Class: GR4
Time of Day: 6:30

Slip stream strength: real
Mechanical damage: light
Tire wear: 1x
Fuel consumption: 1x
Grip Red. On Wet Track / Track Edge: real
Tuning: Prohibited

Entrants:
@SAMHAIN85👍
@BradESPN👍
@spidermonkey👍
@Mully465👍
@Raw10_2u👍
@Oshawa-Joe👍
@thracerviewr👍
@FREEREVN👍
@stelephant👍
@TexasJDC 👍
@Tecticles👍
@Nick Cannella👍
@TomMang_68👍
@basswerks1👍
@JamCar0ne👍
@DesertPenguin👍
@Rednose58
@Neutty👍
@Grandpa Money👍
@Hanable
@Kgffy
@RacingOtaku86

👍 Indicates TT submitted
Interested

SNAIL SURVIVOR SERIES EVENT #1

RESULTS

GRAND FINALS (6laps):

1st: SAMHAIN85 (11:07.212)
Eliminated:
2nd: Mully465

Heat #5 (3laps):

1st: Mully465 (5:36.614)
2nd: SAMHAIN85

Eliminated:
3rd: Stelephant
4th: JamCar0ne
5th: TheRaceReviewer

Heat #4 (3laps):

1st: Stelephant (5:40.110)
2nd: Mully465
3rd: TheRaceReviewer
4th: SAMHAIN85
5th: JamCar0ne

Eliminated:
6th: Grandpas_Money
7th: FREEREVN
8th: nog3861

Heat #3 (3laps):

1st: FREEREVN (5:37.912)
2nd: nog3861
3rd: TheRaceReviewer
4th: JamCar0ne
5th: Stelephant
6th: Mully465
7th: Grandpas_money
8th: SAMHAIN85

Eliminated:
9th: OMG_mang
10th: BradESPN
11th: DesertPenguin09 (DQ)

Heat #2 (3laps):

1st: nog3861 (5:37.139)
2nd: FREEREVN
3rd: JamCar0ne
4th: TheRaceReviewer
5th: Stelephant
6th: Mully465
7th: OMG_mang
8th: DesertPenguin09
9th: Grandpas_Money (stand-by)
10th: SAMHAIN85
11th: BradESPN
Eliminated:
12th: x_SIK_PUPPY_x
13th: TexasmostHated
14th: Rednose58

Heat #1 (3laps):

1st: nog3861 (5:38.626)
2nd: JamCar0ne
3rd: FREEREVN
4th: Stelephant
5th: Mully465
6th: Rednose58
7th: TheRaceReviewer
8th: DesertPenguin09
9th: x_SIK_PUPPY_x
10th: SAMHAIN85
11th: TexasmostHated
12th: BradESPN
13th: OMG_mang
Eliminated:
14th: Raw10_2u
15th: Neuttyy
16th: RacingOtaku86

(Next time I'll have a better break down of the results including gaps as well as qualifier times)​

Back