SNAIL - Survivor Series #4 - Next Event TBA

• Thread starter SAMHAIN85
  • 823 comments
Why not both days for double the fun?

I'm ok with that. We can do a mock run on August 31 and iron out any kinks. And that way people can still participate if they can't make it on Sep 7th for the official event.

@Rednose58 yeah I realize the new tire physics will effect our current data we have. I will have to run a few laps and compare my old laptimes with current ones and see how big of a difference it is.

Drivers list updated in post #2

Awww yeah brother..... Should be clear to run that night.
jim-the-anvil-neidhart-dead-at-63.jpg

RIP

This is something that is really popular. Have you considered making it weekly? Wednesday nights are open for business 👍

This is something that is really popular. Have you considered making it weekly? Wednesday nights are open for business 👍
Weekly may be tough given all of the data mining that needs to occur to find the correct HP/weight distribution for all of the participants. Monthly or bi-monthly may be more realistic. Of course I could be wrong though...

Maybe if they kept the same car and only changed tracks. That way we have the familiarity of the car and how to BOP it

I'm always wrong though so whatever

Just an update guys. I've been so busy with real life stuff I havent had a chance to really organize everything yet. I already have done some prelim testing but havent started to handicap everyone just yet. I apologize for the delay. I havent forgotten about this and I will get this updated asap

Hey guys I posted in the main thread. I cant dedicate the time right now to make this run smooth for 9/7. This will 100% be run in the future. I will work on it every chance I can get and will keep you guys updated. Thanks for understanding

Hey guys I posted in the main thread. I cant dedicate the time right now to make this run smooth for 9/7. This will 100% be run in the future. I will work on it every chance I can get and will keep you guys updated. Thanks for understanding
Hey man sorry to hear that but that's life man do whatcha gotta do and hope to see you back racing soon

Life is life. I appreciate you even taking the time to organize and calculate this event and all the other events you have had a hand in. Thanks!

Id like to start planning for Survivor Event #2 since I have some time to dedicate to it now.

Originally we were going to use BMW Z4 GT3 2011 @ Autodromo de Interlagos combo that I thought would be good. But after thinking about it, I dont think it would suit this format well. It seems Interlagos is too difficult to pass on. And with everyone running equally - it wouldnt make for exciting racing imo.

I'd like to get other peoples suggestions. Afterall @Tecticles was the one who suggested our Event #1 combo.

I would like to use a previously run combo that has been used in SNAIL since people would already have a feel for the combo. And we have all kinds of data to already go off of. But with the new tire model update some of that data could be skewed.

This spoiler post covers all of the combos we've run YTD.

Feel free to make any suggestions that you think would work well and be fun in this format.

I'm not going to try and set a date for this yet. I just want to get the ball rolling and start chipping away at all the prep to make this run right.

@Neutty @BradESPN @thracerviewr @Nicktune @Kgffy @spidermonkey @src_ej6 @bigbeefytaco @KookiDowg @GTPvw_slc @todally_lit @Sean Renon @Zalcecan @keepitsteady @nmcp1 @M1SS-D3V10US @NetouchAndre @Grandpa Money @Hanable @Rob Brown @TomMang_68 @Rednose58 @Mully465 @Jw_wk1010 @andypereyra01 @cvickers17 @soundtiger95 @aLmk @MikeGrove @FREEREVN @MSgtGunny @Adramike @Freeryd503 @Oshawa-Joe @CoachMK21 @RacingOtaku86 @TEX36 @basswerks1 @stelephant @Raw10_2u @racingchamp30 @MajorBlixem @RadStewart @THRASH @Shotgungho @WestSideMike @DublDee @giteemcarl @TVV0_ @vVItravisIVv @Harry Rowley @matrix_gt1 @JLBowler @Rogue Clone @gulfvet67 @TheSlowOne @AdamK3190 @JamCar0ne @ChauncyMarsh @Nick Cannella @TexasJDC @vsfit @Joseph Tito @Fallen_log @Skills @Die_Birdy_Die @Alexrider007 @Tecticles @pubason @rkraider @ZaYagi @Mike Pate
@FT_RAMONOXI
@Shotgungho
@abm89
@soundtiger95
@Slydewayz43
@TheSlowOne
@thorracing
@Tiger_DB25
@Dagmyers
@Bologna_Duc
@Skills
@Ron Williams
@diehard racer
@ChauncyMarsh

And anyone else in SNAIL I may have missed

When was the tire model. If before, then the saint croix is the perfect scenario. Tons of data for that combo. @SAMHAIN85. If after then what about one of the upcoming combos?

As far as I know the last tire model update was at the end of July.

I think that combo would work well in this format @TexasJDC @Raw10_2u

TOYOTA S-FR RACING CONCEPT 2016 on SS Tires @ Circuit de Sainte-Croix - B II - 13:20 Clear - (4 Laps)

We have run it 4 times so far on:
8/12
8/19
8/26
9/9

Which definitely helps with figuring out hp/weight handicaps with all that data.

Anyone else agree that they would like to run this? The track seems like it has plenty of places to pass

Sounds good to me. Also let me know what days you plan on running some test I'm available almost any day after 9 PM central

As far as I know the last tire model update was at the end of July.

I think that combo would work well in this format @TexasJDC @Raw10_2u

TOYOTA S-FR RACING CONCEPT 2016 on SS Tires @ Circuit de Sainte-Croix - B II - 13:20 Clear - (4 Laps)

We have run it 4 times so far on:
8/12
8/19
8/26
9/9

Which definitely helps with figuring out hp/weight handicaps with all that data.

Anyone else agree that they would like to run this? The track seems like it has plenty of places to pass
Great choice guys!

Latest Posts

Back