Snake's and Community Run VisionGT Review Thread - BVLGARI VGT reviewed!

Also...I think we might have our first view of the side profile of the Gr1 Genesis from the recent video that came out about the normal car
Screenshot_2024-01-26-15-27-25-188.jpeg

It's about time I did one of these again-- wait the last review was only a month ago, relatively speaking this is early for me then, might need to check my watch....speaking of timely, welcome one and all and this time I'll be reviewing the month delayed technically 4th car of the February update (I don't count it in the Jan update because of the £4,500 watch buy-in early access) with the BULGARI VGT (or BVLGARI for stylisation I guess)

18df660901515-screenshotUrl.png

First of all, and it is going to bother me...but this car already failed in the eyes of many because of it being announced in the January update - but was only buyable to most of us 'peasants' - the people that actually play the game in the February update, I'm not sure who made this baffling decision over a VGT - a type of car that already will have trouble gaining audience due to the ill perceived perception of most of these wonderful concept cars...but thankfully those dark times are behind us, with its sleek retro 70s/80s inspired looks and speedster open top flair, looks wise this car genuinely does not disappoint personally, though it does come in only one colour - stainless steel/aluminium from the 'factory' (weirdly it was advertised in the promo photos in a bright yellow too, yet that isn't available) thankfully the livery editor can fix that at least if you want some colour, and in addition those barchetta stylings and open top thrills with no roof in sight allows this car to be a wonderful car to drive in PSVR2!.

Also this car has pop-down headlights, a unique take on the usual 80s/90s trend of pop-up headlights, and I think it's pulled off pretty effortlessly here, so in my eyes we are already off to a good start looks wise!

18df60ae5b027-screenshotUrl~2.jpg

So let's get down to business on how this looker performs - with a 1 ton exact weight, 394bhp power from its mid-mounted motorbike inspired NA V4 that revs all the way to 9.5k and a 192mph top speed down SSRX with an engine that peaks early on torque but peaks late on power output, meaning tou have a large window to shift gears in - so this thing absolutely punches well above it's weight BUT it's brakes somewhat let it down here due to them being more like road car brakes - and yes while this car has downforce (implied at 150 units on the front and back) it is still a slippery customer on its default sport hards and will spit you out if you don't drive it in a refined manner, but at least its actuslly classified as a road car unlike some VGT's that are strangely not in that category (LOOKING AT YOU VOLKSWAGEN, MINI[?], MITSUBISHI AND SUBARU...oh and FERRARI AND LAMBORGHINI FOR NOT BEING RACE CAR CLASSSIFIED).

18df615e59c44-screenshotUrl~2.jpg

So, how does this thing drive you may wonder. Is it a worthy experience or is it one best viewed from afar? Well I have good and bad news, but mostly good - it has fantastic acceleration and you can pretty safely short shift in the mid-high rpm range too, and this thing - brakes notwithstanding - responds to your steering inputs pretty directly too, a welcome trait compared to some cars, even if it's overall grip level could hamper it somewhat...but as eluded to earlierthis car really wants to not be thrashed around as it's very difficult to do big angle drifts in haha. All in all this car is just a hoot to drive honestly, and its also fantastic with wonderful fuel economy too, and slap on some racing mediums (thank to it's incredible tyre life management) and you got yourself an effortless contender for WTC700 LeMans too!

18dfaf4e86588-screenshotUrl.png

Sadly as I must mention this to be as complete and thorough of a review as possible - in custom/arcade races it can only race itself, meaning your races in custom mode will be one-makes

But at the end of all this praise....was it really worth waiting an additional month for a car that will not blow everyone away? Personally I'm not so sure, as much as I enjoy this vehicle, it leaves a suspicious aftertaste of what could happen if they push these timed exclusivity stuff maybe a bit too far, this car admittedly won't be topping the leaderboard of anything anytime soon, but for what it's worth, if you want something that is purely FUN then this is your ticket to the fun fair, as this car reminds me more of what the Suzuki VGT tried to emulate than the Suzuki did - the GSX-R4 concept from 2001

18e0ec6101853-screenshotUrl.png
(Yes someone already made a Suzuki GSX-R4 livery for it once it was available in February, which is hilarious)

So all in all in this extended conclusion that I have probably waffled on for too long over, this car is honestly, a wonderful car to drive that is just pure fun on wheels, even if it is not the fastest thing around it doesn't pretend to be, and it's all the better for it - with its striking visuals, impressive performance figures (but not absurd ones) and drivability thst still requires your upmost concentration, this thing, despite being a 'watchncar' companion to the IRL watch is a proper driver's car, and that I can only be thankful for in the sea of ever increasing EV schlopp in the real world, that there are some companies wlliing to make drivers centric cars first - even if those companies may not be known for their cars in any way shape of form, but sometimes arriving purposely late will kill all attention this car would have had and is now seen as something not worth getting, and anyone who says this car has no uses cannot be trusted, so let me set the record straight - the watch is no longer an excuse, get this wonderful car as the BVLGARI VGT is secretly the best car of February 2024 update.

18df6741f3d48-screenshotUrl.png
(I'm getting my mileage out of these photos damnit:lol:)

For now though, I'm gonna relax a bit and...oh wait I have more VGT's to review, well I need to continue where i left off from before, so the Peugeot VGT Gr3 will hopefully be next! Unless another VGT arrives between now and when I eventually get to the Peugeot.

Last edited:
Back