So, does anyone here bodyboard or surf?

• Thread starter vat_man
  • 10 comments

vat_man

Staff Emeritus
Since I've managed to stick the ole size 10 in it, I've decided to back my cheap words up and get some Rumble Strip topics going. I don't care if they're abject failures.

One of my loved activities is bodyboarding. Living in Sydney, Australia, I've got access to some great beaches, and I reckon there's not much better (well, I can think of one thing, but that's between my and my partner) than catching a solid 8 footer and doing an el rollo on the lip (and then getting smashed and nearly drowned). Fantastic!

Does anyone else here bodyboard or surf?

Originally posted by vat_man
Since I've managed to stick the ole size 10 in it, I've decided to back my cheap words up and get some Rumble Strip topics going. I don't care if they're abject failures.

One of my loved activities is bodyboarding. Living in Sydney, Australia, I've got access to some great beaches, and I reckon there's not much better (well, I can think of one thing, but that's between my and my partner) than catching a solid 8 footer and doing an el rollo on the lip (and then getting smashed and nearly drowned). Fantastic!

Does anyone else here bodyboard or surf?

"they're abject failures" or "you're an abject failure"? (:

I've not surfed, but I did jetski in the ocean. My room mate about killed himself too. It wasn't until we headed back in that we noticed the red flags on the beach ....

~LoudMusic

Originally posted by LoudMusic

"they're abject failures" or "you're an abject failure"? (:

I've not surfed, but I did jetski in the ocean. My room mate about killed himself too. It wasn't until we headed back in that we noticed the red flags on the beach ....

~LoudMusic

:rolleyes:

You're being particularly difficult today! ;)

I was referring to the threads.

There's a huge debate about jetskis going on in Sydney at the moment - they've just been banned from Sydney Harbour.

People who ride them have been in an uproar, but the hilarious thing is they've got no public support, and they can't figure out why.

Go to http://www.realsurf.com/jerkskiers/jerking.htm to find out why.

:rolleyes:

You're being particularly difficult today! ;)

I was referring to the threads.

There's a huge debate about jetskis going on in Sydney at the moment - they've just been banned from Sydney Harbour.

People who ride them have been in an uproar, but the hilarious thing is they've got no public support, and they can't figure out why.

Go to http://www.realsurf.com/jerkskiers/jerking.htm to find out why.

Wow dude, that's bad news. I like that though, "jerkskiers" (:

Sorry if I come across as difficult ... maybe I'm just venting some pent up frustration about certain rotary comments ... (:

~LoudMusic

Wow dude, that's bad news. I like that though, "jerkskiers" (:

Sorry if I come across as difficult ... maybe I'm just venting some pent up frustration about certain rotary comments ... (:

~LoudMusic

Ah - I was only having a little dig!

Alright - 'Something has to be done' inspired me to fire up three new threads, and they're sitting 1-2-3. Fantastic!

See - it doesn't take much to fire up the forum. Get on it, guys!

Alright - 'Something has to be done' inspired me to fire up three new threads, and they're sitting 1-2-3. Fantastic!

See - it doesn't take much to fire up the forum. Get on it, guys!

Except that you and I are posting more than the entire rest of the community put together (: And I think everyone knows that we're just a couple of jokesters.

I'm going to go rummage up some of my old threads. I actually posted something in one of them for you, but you never responded. Let me see if I can find it ...

~LoudMusic

Except that you and I are posting more than the entire rest of the community put together (: And I think everyone knows that we're just a couple of jokesters.

I'm going to go rummage up some of my old threads. I actually posted something in one of them for you, but you never responded. Let me see if I can find it ...

~LoudMusic

That's unlike me. Hafta be quick - it's ten to five here. I'll be heading home when the bell goes (ah, who am I kidding - I'll be logged on at home within a couple of hours).

That's unlike me. Hafta be quick - it's ten to five here. I'll be heading home when the bell goes (ah, who am I kidding - I'll be logged on at home within a couple of hours).

And I'll most likely be in bed asleep by the time you get back online. Even growing up like this, it's weird to me to think ... to KNOW that it's possible to talk to someone on the other side of the World, in REAL TIME. To have to think, "he's driving home right now, so if I want to talk to him before I go to bed, I need to stay up for another 45 minutes". Or better yet, the thought of talking to a guy that just got home from the beach to tell him that I'm headed to the mountains for some snow skiing this weekend (purely an example, I don't ski). Sometimes technology can totally rock. But when it's your job to make it work, it can wear you down so fast ...

~LoudMusic

And I'll most likely be in bed asleep by the time you get back online. Even growing up like this, it's weird to me to think ... to KNOW that it's possible to talk to someone on the other side of the World, in REAL TIME. To have to think, "he's driving home right now, so if I want to talk to him before I go to bed, I need to stay up for another 45 minutes". Or better yet, the thought of talking to a guy that just got home from the beach to tell him that I'm headed to the mountains for some snow skiing this weekend (purely an example, I don't ski). Sometimes technology can totally rock. But when it's your job to make it work, it can wear you down so fast ...

~LoudMusic

Yeah, it's pretty freak - I remember when I first got e-mail at work. A mate of mine went on a world tour of the overseas offices of the company he was working for at the time. Over the space of three weeks I got e-mail from the US East and West coasts, England, Germany and Korea.

In the heady days of 1996 this was pretty amazing!

I wouldn't bother staying up. The boy is going to hit the beers, probably watch a DVD, fire up the PS2 and run down some pedestrians, so it'll be a couple of hours...

Yeah, it's pretty freak - I remember when I first got e-mail at work. A mate of mine went on a world tour of the overseas offices of the company he was working for at the time. Over the space of three weeks I got e-mail from the US East and West coasts, England, Germany and Korea.

In the heady days of 1996 this was pretty amazing!

I wouldn't bother staying up. The boy is going to hit the beers, probably watch a DVD, fire up the PS2 and run down some pedestrians, so it'll be a couple of hours...

My Mom wouldn't touch my computer for nearly a year. Then when my sister went to Europe for 10 months, there were times when I couldn't get Mom away from it. Being able to communicate virtually freely with anyone anywhere on the planet instantly has made this a very small world.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll be heading to bed in about 15 minutes (: I guess you'll be heading home about now too. Catch you tomorrow ... or tonight ... or ... whatever! (:

~LoudMusic

Back