Are you content with number of tracks in Gran Turismo Sport?

Are you content with the amount of tracks I GTS

• Total voters
England
St helens, merseyside, England.
crazybuttocks198
Crazybuttocks19
When Gran Turismo Sport came out, it was widely criticised for a lack of track variation. With another update today, and an additional 8 updates with tracks, spanning 19 different layouts. The question is, is it safe to say we have enough tracks on Gran Turismo Sport?

Last edited:
You can never have enough tracks. :sly:

However it's much better now than it was, that's for sure. :cheers:

Still I can't vote yes when I feel there's still a few important tracks missing but at the same time it feels wrong to vote no now too after all these free additions. :cool:

The trend seems to be good now, but at the beginning was very, very sad ..
i havent cast any choice, I prefer to see the next tracks ...

Now we are having a new paradox ... MORE tracks/cars LESS races (from daily to weekly) ..

IR

I have always been happy with track selection, I haven't a lot of time to play this game so :
- only a few tracks at the begining : easier to master the whole track selection (well, except dirt ones)
- one new track each month : perfect rate to learn and have fun discovering something new

As an example, it took me one month after the release of "Le mans" to have time to race on it , so I can't complain :D

And last addition "Red bull ring" is awesome !
Also love some layouts of circuits I usually dislike (Blue Moon !)

Ti put it into perspective, PC2 was launched with almost as many tracks and track layouts (over 190) as GT Sport had cars (250(?)).

I like the progress we've seen in GT Sport but no way there's enough tracks. There are lots of iconic tracks missing and some of them are inexcusable to leave out because "we have enough already".

I feel like I'm grateful to these guys for GT5/6 and GTS over the years. I dont feel like I paid too much for the ps4 or the titles and they provide me with a lot of enjoyment.

I know people hate this style of game where they put out a free DLC every month or so and they want to go back to say GT4 or Forza 4 where you got every track at the start and that was it.

My honest opinion is that if by Oct. 2019, PD decide to discontinue GT Sport and we've been given a new track and 9 cars every month up to that date then I've still got my moneys worth and I will buy whatever title comes next.

I haven't even raced all variations of tracks in the game yet so I'm pretty content. The monthly updates though are superb, most games are so rushed nowadays by parent companies and then updates are fewer and further between. I do miss some of the older tracks though but I suspect they are coming, I mean the anniversary is next month so I can only imagine we might get even more than 1 track. I reckon Deep Forest will be one if I was to guess anything and I reckon it will appear at one of the regionals, or they might even demo a new track at each, now that would be absolutely epic!

Honestly, I don't think that's the right question to ask. There will NEVER be enough tracks, especially with the trend that PD has set for itself with the monthly free update. Even if we get a thousand tracks, people will start complaining when PD stops releasing these monthly, free updates. That's my guess, anyway.

What I am happy with is how PD keeps giving us all these spectacular updates, for free! Each month's substantial update has enough content for any other publisher to charge for them, and PD just marches to the beat of their own drum, for the better or worse. What I find lacking in the course list is the lack of variety in the track list thus far; they're all wide, paved, high speed courses meant to facilitate Gr. 3 and 4 cars. If you bring any of the many production cars added later into the game, they'll put you to sleep. Try bringing an FC RX-7 to Barthurst, and hopefully you'll feel how the car absolutely comes alive in the narrow, bumpy corners full of elevation changes. A lot of these street cars, without Gr. 3 and 4 renditions, feel very lost and out of place. I wish we had more narrow, technical tracks like Tsukuba where these cars can get to shine. I mean, what the heck else are you gonna do with an S660 and a Mini? Bring them to St. Crock or whatever it's called?

Personally, I have a love-hate relationship with the fictional tracks in GTS. They're all immaculately designed to challenge a racing car and a driver's technique, full of small nuances that can spell the difference between a win and a loss. They're a lot of fun, for sure, and I genuinely believe them to be the best fictional tracks in the genre, even moreso than fan favourites like Deep Forest and Grand Valley. It's just... why would I want to learn some ambiguous fictional tracks, when that knowledge is non-transferrable to other games and even real life? I got a heck of a kick learning Red Bull Ring because I play the game that touts itself as a "Real Driving Simulator" for the realism.

tl;dr, I want more real life circuits, and more smaller, narrower, technical tracks for the slower production cars.

Honestly, I don't think that's the right question to ask. There will NEVER be enough tracks, especially with the trend that PD has set for itself with the monthly free update. Even if we get a thousand tracks, people will start complaining when PD stops releasing these monthly, free updates. That's my guess, anyway.

What I am happy with is how PD keeps giving us all these spectacular updates, for free! Each month's substantial update has enough content for any other publisher to charge for them, and PD just marches to the beat of their own drum, for the better or worse. What I find lacking in the course list is the lack of variety in the track list thus far; they're all wide, paved, high speed courses meant to facilitate Gr. 3 and 4 cars. If you bring any of the many production cars added later into the game, they'll put you to sleep. Try bringing an FC RX-7 to Barthurst, and hopefully you'll feel how the car absolutely comes alive in the narrow, bumpy corners full of elevation changes. A lot of these street cars, without Gr. 3 and 4 renditions, feel very lost and out of place. I wish we had more narrow, technical tracks like Tsukuba where these cars can get to shine. I mean, what the heck else are you gonna do with an S660 and a Mini? Bring them to St. Crock or whatever it's called?

Personally, I have a love-hate relationship with the fictional tracks in GTS. They're all immaculately designed to challenge a racing car and a driver's technique, full of small nuances that can spell the difference between a win and a loss. They're a lot of fun, for sure, and I genuinely believe them to be the best fictional tracks in the genre, even moreso than fan favourites like Deep Forest and Grand Valley. It's just... why would I want to learn some ambiguous fictional tracks, when that knowledge is non-transferrable to other games and even real life? I got a heck of a kick learning Red Bull Ring because I play the game that touts itself as a "Real Driving Simulator" for the realism.

tl;dr, I want more real life circuits, and more smaller, narrower, technical tracks for the slower production cars.

The vast majority of the "updates" should have made it in the initial version of the game, to be frank. It's nice that they are committed to updating the game on a recurring basis, but the game was pretty much as barebones as it gets when it was released.

I am not a fan of volume for volume sake, like reverse tracks or short versions of a track unless used for carting or really low powered cars.

I do miss the variety in project Cars, particularly Road America which is arguably the best track in the world for actual racing with big stops and a great mix of corners. However i also miss the following;
  • Imola
  • Snetterton
  • Oulten park
  • Oschersleben
  • Zolder
  • Bannochbrae
  • Hockenheim GP new and old
Lot's of others i enjoyed too but don't miss them per-se or they are really designed to be driven with cars unavailable in GTS, the low powered open wheelers or the Caterham for example. A good example of this would be KnockHill.

My issue with GTS is the similarities of the fake tracks, most are too long, needlessly complicated and feature one to two sections of fast esses. very formulaic, given the sales on the title i'd think they could afford the license on some of the above tracks.

There are nowhere near enough tracks and going the wrong way around an alternative route of a track is not a new bloody track. All the classic Gran Turismo tracks are missing as are quite a few real world tracks from GT6.

You see, the game started with a paltry amount, but now there's enough to keep me satisfied. And since they have dropping tracks on a monthly basis, this is going to be a non-issue for many people I imagine.

However.

PD, if you are reading.

PLEASE ADD MORE TUNING SHEETS.

My issue with GTS is the similarities of the fake tracks, most are too long, needlessly complicated and feature one to two sections of fast esses. very formulaic, given the sales on the title i'd think they could afford the license on some of the above tracks.

So far we've got Monza, Fuji, La Sarthe, Tsukuba, and the Red Bull Ring as new venues for updates. The only original venue added to the game via update was Sainte Croix, the other updates to original circuits have been at existing venues. It seems fairly clear at this stage that PD have been focusing more resource on providing additional licensed real world circuits.

Also, I'd take Knockhill over Silverstone 99 times out 100.. but I suspect we'll see the latter well before we'll ever see the former.

No... I'm missing real world tracks as Monaco, spa, Silverstone, laguna seca, motegi...

And original tracks as apricot Hill, high speed ring, deep forest...

Since GT4 the saga has got always a big number of tracks... For me GTS now is just half way In number of tracks

For me GTS still needs another 6-8 circuit locations to feel sufficiently fleshed out.
There are too many iconic circuits absent as it is. Hopefully that will improve as the game continues to evolve.

We have some great circuits as it is, with Lago Maggiore being brilliant, but a few more would be much appreciated.

I've come to grips that some of my favorite tracks will never be in GT so GT's track count is never really an issue. There's plenty of tracks in PC but when I do play I only drive on a handful. Snetterton, Imola, Barcelona, Zhuai and Algarve. Give me 3 out of that 5 and I'd be set. Oh add in Zandvoort too, as I run that 90% of the time in AC

I don't see how anyone who plays the game a healthy amount could be dissatisfied with the number of tracks in the game. However, it is still missing some tracks which, were they in the game, would be the best of the selection. For example, Spa is a 10x better track than DT Gardens for me.

When it comes to getting more tracks for the game I hope one day the underrated and overlooked tracks will come one day like Red Rock Valley, Grindelwald, Rome Night, Super Speedway.

How about the removed track called Indi from Gran Turismo 2 it is an oval that had nightime plus it had tunnels which was great. It would be good to revive it for Gt Sport.

Back