So,If I get a mod chip with GTC can I play it on an American PS2?

• Thread starter F1man
  • 35 comments
:eek: Woah!after downloading almost all of Y2`s video`s I all of the sudden want GTC! AND NOW!!! :eek: :eek: So can you play it on an American PS2 if I get a mod chip with GTC? thanks! :) :eek:

It depends on the MOD chip. A while back there was a mod chip called Messiah which did everything (imports, dvd-r`s cdr-s other region dvd`s) but sony went down on the company hard so they stopped producing it. Other companys still make modchips but I dont know if they are as good as the messiah chip.

BTW you would get bored of GTC veeeeeeeeeeeery quickly. It takes about 4 hours to finish. You have seen all the tracks featured in the game (barring swiss alps) so its just eye candy really. Its not worth forking out the money to get your machine chipped and buying an import copy of GTC just for a few hours of play.

Just wait im sure America will get its own GTC version sooner or later.

Originally posted by Y2TUSCAN
It depends on the MOD chip. A while back there was a mod chip called Messiah which did everything (imports, dvd-r`s cdr-s other region dvd`s) but sony went down on the company hard so they stopped producing it. Other companys still make modchips but I dont know if they are as good as the messiah chip.

BTW you would get bored of GTC veeeeeeeeeeeery quickly. It takes about 4 hours to finish. You have seen all the tracks featured in the game (barring swiss alps) so its just eye candy really. Its not worth forking out the money to get your machine chipped and buying an import copy of GTC just for a few hours of play.

Just wait im sure America will get its own GTC version sooner or later.

Well I know,I found one that just plugs into your USB port for 20 bucks I wonder if that is the right Mod chip. :odd: Heres the link to the MOD chip I was planning on getting http://www.consolesource.com/playstation2/p2-neo-key.htm

What does this info mean? Sorry I sound like an idiot :embarrassed:

Play CDR copies of both PlayStation and PlayStation2 games on your PlayStation2
Compatible with every CDROM based PS2 game to date.
Fully compatible with every US, UK and AU PS2
Simple, single wire installation
Each NeoKey comes with a USB NeoKey cartridge, wire, and solder.

The NeoKey is the first external USB ModChip for US, UK and AU PlayStation2's. All of the same great features of the internal NEO2 ModChip, but the ease of single wire installation and USB Plug-N-Play technology.

Once installed in your PS2, the NeoKey external USB ModChip will allow you to play all of your regular PlayStation CDR copies without the need for a swap trick. Combine an Interact GameShark2 with your NeoKey and you will be able to play CDR copies of your favorite CDROM based PlayStation2 games.

The NeoKey external USB ModChip employs an intelligent SCE signal which automatically detects the type of media in the PS2 drive e.g. PS-CDR, PS2-CDR, PS-Original, PS2-Original. You can also forget about having to manually adjust your PS2's laser assembly as auto-filter and calibration features are built into every NeoKey external USB ModChip supplied by ConsoleSource.com. The NeoKey will in no way affect DVD movie playback or original title gameplay.
The NeoKey external USB ModChip alone will only allow you to play CDR copies of PlayStation games on your PlayStation2. To play CDR copies of PlayStation2 games you will require a GameShark2 v1.3 or higher.

It means you can only play imported games that come on a CD-Rom and pirate games on CD-R disks. GTC is on a DVD so it wont work with that chip. Although Keeno_uk has a simmilar chip in his machine and he managed to get the Japanese GTconcept, but it was a Pirate copy on a CD-R, with the intro and all the music was cut out.

Well you need to find a Modchip that plays, Imported DVD`s and DVD-R`s. They will also do CD`s and CD-R`s but I think it would be very hard to find :(

Did I find something or is it just me!?:

Modchips USA's 5-Wire GeoStar Modchip Assembly
Allows playing of all Originals, Multi-disks games, DVD-R/CD-R Backups and Import copied games
For version 1-4 & SCPH-3x00xR version 5&6 boards requires the use of GameShark 2/Action Replay 2 v2+ to play PS2 backups
Compatible with all CD-ROM based PS2 games
PS1 backup games boot directly
PS2 backup games boot with single swap
PS1 & PS2 EA sports games backups boot with single swap (*patched)
PS1 & PS2 import backups boot with single swap
Compatible with US, UK, AU, EUR and Japanese 10000 & 15000 models!

SCE Signal automatically detect the type of media inserted
(i.e.: CDR-Backups, Originals)
Auto-filter and Calibration feature built-in
Easy to install only 5-wires
Will not affect original game play or DVD playback
Includes: Wires, 8-pin dip socket, silver solder and installation instructions with photos provided online
120 Day Product Warranty
Coded on genuine US Microchip PIC
Pre-tested for Proper Operation
Ships in 24 hours in anti-static packaging
Have GameShark 2 v2 questions? Click Here!
Need to identify your console? Click Here!
How to use the GeoStar Modchip. Click Here!
Need the EA game patcher Click Here!

Yeah the origional company were stopped from making it. But other companys got hold of the chip and decided to make there own.

There you go!
Get the messiah, but you should get somebody to fit it for you, because its very complex.

Only 23 wires install for 100% reliable performance

You can get an electronics guy to do it probably.

Well, I dont know how much it costs and if it costs too much then I`m afraid thats my only hope. I will think about it, I might get an electronics dude to put it in for me.

I can`t get it my mom says so! :( The only one I can get is an exturanal one.I`m afraid I`m gonna have to wait.:( Y2Tuscan do you know when it will come out in the US? I can`t wait for Gran Turismo 10. :odd:

Back