So Kaz, How are you going to convince the masses to purchase GT7?

Australia
Where i'm at
xmalcolmpowderx
How are you going to prove that GT7 will not just be another GT5/6 fiasco?

No more empty promises about how much the PS4 is going to change GT, no more 'in a future update', no more 'its possible', no more 'its hardware limitations that prevent us from doing that', no more 'soon'.

What concrete PROOF do you have that GT7 is going to be leagues above the rest of the console sims (like GT used to be) enough so that we would be more than willing to drop our hard earned on it?

What features are going to be on the DISC AT LAUNCH that will set it aside from GT5 and 6?

Cheers.

No more empty promises about how much the PS4 is going to change GT, no more 'in a future update', no more 'its possible', no more 'its hardware limitations that prevent us from doing that', no more 'soon'.

What concrete PROOF do you have that GT7 is going to be leagues above the rest of the console sims (like GT used to be) enough so that we would be more than willing to drop our hard earned on it?

What features are going to be on the DISC AT LAUNCH that will set it aside from GT5 and 6?

Cheers.

What a negative thread - I suspect that you are destined to be disappointed regardless!

I think that this is a fair question. Yes, it's negative, but at least it isn't going beyond that.

Since GT 5&6 have been so far off of what 3 (and even 4) was, is 7 going to be awesome out of the box?

That would be enough to convince many, if not most, to return.

Well, I don't think anyone from PD can't answer this question definitvely until the launch. Until then, PD will play the business card and will hype it up by announcing little things and genrally promoting it. They aren't going to just say at launch and at other promotional events that the game is utter 🤬 or is "not as good as the previous one". Businesses are always about profit. If it means they have to twist the facts to get the profit, they will.

No more empty promises about how much the PS4 is going to change GT, no more 'in a future update', no more 'its possible', no more 'its hardware limitations that prevent us from doing that', no more 'soon'
You can't get rid of "soon" as no one can really put a definitive date on things as we know what happens when they do put dates on things and don't deliver, the entire GT fanbase goes into complete meltdown as if the world is about to end.

That question will be answered again using the business card by bringing up certain things that are definitely an improvement but not showing other things that aren't improvements in any way. With GT (and most other games), there'll never be concrete evidence that a game is worth it's money until a majority of the people have played it or you have played it yourself. Everyone has a different opinion, that also goes for game critics. Billy Bob can think that GT6 is the greastest game to ever grace the Earth, but Ole' Joe can think it's absolutely terrible.

That again won't be able to be answered until launch as PD creates a new interface for each game so some features (such as Course Maker and Community) maybe didn't get finished in time to be able to be properly implemented into the game.

Cheers.
Be grateful! Its better than Forza!

Lol it really comes down to people's preference when buying games. For example call of duty is practically the same game every year and people still go buy it because of the hype chain except I get them because they are fun and I enjoy playing cod. I for one like gt series that made me make the decision to get a ps4 over an x1 which all my friends had. In time we will find out more of gt7 but in the mean time there is project cars and driveclub to keep me occupied with. Kaz doesn't have to give you a reason to say why gt7 will be better than gt6 because there are whiners and complainers everywhere. He can't make everyone happy.

I've no idea why people attack 5, I liked it. My complaint about 6 is that half of it is still M.I.A. That particular "complaint" unfortunately also guarantees I don't buy 7.....or 8......or 9......or ANY future GT. I don't support liars and cons with my money.

Last edited:
I've no idea why people attach 5, I liked it. My complaint about 6 is that half of it is still M.I.A. That particular "complaint" unfortunately also guarantees I don't buy 7.....or 8......or 9......or ANY future GT. I don't support liars and cons with my money.

Why don't you go try making your own driving simulator game and see how hard it is?

Good question, & good thread. Just like most of you other ones are. 👍

What I'd really like to see is you interview Kaz, as you don't pull any punches! :D

Why don't you go try making your own driving simulator game and see how hard it is?
When I tell someone I am going to give them something, or do a job, I do what I say I am going to do. I don't tell someone I will do something or give them something and then ignore it. You may find that acceptable, and it's sad that so many people do accept it but I prefer to deal with people and companies with at least a modicum of integrity. Saying 'It's too hard, we can't do it" is no excuse for saying it was ready and available and then your customers finding out the item never existed in the first place as we have found with the missing half of Gran Turismo. It's still making an excuse for outright lieing. You can be an apologist all you want for PD but it won't change those facts.

Yes, but let's be real here. Do you work in the computer industry? If you do, you might understand a bit better what is happening here.

When will John Marsten stop posting these negative crappy threads?
When will Jim stop attacking every poster like a freaking knight in shiny armor to defend his beloved?

I also like how you're getting all offended as well, I mean "crappy"? So out of character huh? Not like Kaz will read this anyway so calm down.

When will Jim stop attacking every poster like a freaking knight in shiny armor to defend his beloved?

I also like how you're getting all offended as well, I mean "crappy"? So out of character huh? Not like Kaz will read this anyway so calm down.
But Kazunori Yamauchi is literally God...

EDIT: No trolls here. Only jokes.

Yes, but let's be real here. Do you work in the computer industry? If you do, you might understand a bit better what is happening here.
But I DO understand it. It's called people have accepted false promises. Period. And announcing nonexistent content is just that, or in simple terms, it's called LIEING, no matter what the industry.

Why don't you go make your own pizza and see how hard it is? Not as easy as it looks to catch that flying, spinning dough.

But I DO understand it. It's called people have accepted false promises. Period. And announcing nonexistent content is just that, or in simple terms, it's called LIEING, no matter what the industry.
Projects in any context can go awry or encounter delays for whatever reason. PD isn't a big team for the work that they're undertaking and if they rushed the job there'd be a 🤬 lot more complaints than are currently made. I'd complain only about things that didn't come to fruition by the time GT6 is no longer supported. Anyway, I'm pretty sure that PD have kept to everything that they've said so far. There's no justice in pulling at their clothes because something didn't happen when you wanted it to.

As has been said too many times already, patience is the most helpful thing to have with GT6. Shouting at a fan forum will get you NOWHERE.

Projects in any context can go awry or encounter delays for whatever reason. PD isn't a big team for the work that they're undertaking and if they rushed the job there'd be a 🤬 lot more complaints than are currently made. I'd complain only about things that didn't come to fruition by the time GT6 is no longer supported. Anyway, I'm pretty sure that PD have kept to everything that they've said so far. There's no justice in pulling at their clothes because something didn't happen when you wanted it to.

As has been said too many times already, patience is the most helpful thing to have with GT6. Shouting at a fan forum will get you NOWHERE.
You're not very bright are you? It's people like you that keep companies selling "air" products. I wish you good luck. At least it saves space buying things that don't exist. i suspect someone like you with your mentality actually WOULD buy a car from a company that only built half the car. And the next generation too. You'd say the leaving out of the transmission was acceptable and MAYBE the new one that you pre-ordered will have one-hopefully. But if not, Oh well. There's always the next one, and who cares if the company claimed there was a transmission, it's okay, they can't be expected to live up to expectations as yours' are so low.

I don't live that way. If I wanted to waste money on air, I could just light it with a match. Same result.

Last edited:
The real question is : when will you stop asking stupid questions?

And thank you to speak for yourself and not for everyone.

GT6 is not really bad for me. Kaz, PoDi : you should know that I support you and I'm not the only one to admire your work !
Frankly, I don't think it even matters at this point. This whole Q&A thing has fell flat on its face. Even Jordan said as much.

You're not very bright are you? It's people like you that keep companies selling "air" products. I wish you good luck. At least it saves space buying things that don't exist. i suspect someone like you with your mentality actually WOULD buy a car from a company that only built half the car. And the next generation too. You'd say the leaving out of the transmission was acceptable and MAYBE the new one that you pre-ordered will have one-hopefully. But if not, Oh well. There's always the next one, and who cares if the company claimed there was a transmission, it's okay, they can't be expected to live up to expectations as yours' are so low.

I don't live that way. If I wanted to waste money on air, I could just light it with a match. Same result.
You're being a blatant 🤬 there. There's a difference between a constantly evolving piece of software and a physical product. There is absolutely no way that I'd buy an incomplete/unusable car/truck/appliance. However, since GT6 is fun to me already, I have absolutely no problem with waiting for all the extras to arrive.

Air? By no means is GT6 in its current state "air". The people who have bought the game on day 1 made an investment in something that they're confident will be complemented in good time with features that they and I knew would be coming later on in the product's life cycle. As I've said, until the game is no longer supported, there are no grounds to complain of broken promises. There is no reason to get angry yet. Anxious for their release yes, but don't throw the 🤬 toys out of the pram because you didn't get your milk at exactly the right temperature at exactly the right time.

You're being a blatant 🤬 there. There's a difference between a constantly evolving piece of software and a physical product. There is absolutely no way that I'd buy an incomplete/unusable car/truck/appliance. However, since GT6 is fun to me already, I have absolutely no problem with waiting for all the extras to arrive.

Air? By no means is GT6 in its current state "air". The people who have bought the game on day 1 made an investment in something that they're confident will be complemented in good time with features that they and I knew would be coming later on in the product's life cycle. As I've said, until the game is no longer supported, there are no grounds to complain of broken promises. There is no reason to get angry yet. Anxious for their release yes, but don't throw the 🤬 toys out of the pram because you didn't get your milk at exactly the right temperature at exactly the right time.

So, tell me. Where are the promised features? B-Spec, Community features, Track maker? I still don't see them myself.

I suspect something along the lines of "running an advertisement near release" will probably do the trick

So by your logic then, it's perfectly acceptable for those features to drop say next September, and have GT7 launch in December with support for GT6 gone at that time beyond minor patches? I can't see many people being happy with that.

Guys please stop feeding the trolls. Its down to your own decision Im not going to argue with you the fact that you will not listen to what we have to say and it sounds like you will never be happy with a gt game. So by all means do the gt community a favour and never play gran turismo again. If gt7 has everything you could possible ask for you'd still complain about something stupid. And Kaz will not answer this question this thread will probably be locked soon.

Coming in a future update. Read what I'm posting in all of the detail I've written them in. Don't try and be a 🤬 smartarse.

The point being made is that waiting a year or more to release some of the most wanted features is not exactly fan friendly. Had they said upfront that these coveted features wouldn't be released for a year (or more) I think a lot fewer would have bought the game. The average life for most video games is probably under a year (guessing) so after nearly 11 months you can see why some people are starting to get very frustrated. All the missing features that were inexplicably removed from GT5 is just salt in the wound that negatively effects the enjoyment of GT6.

Coming in a future update.

I used to actually believe that.

The point being made is that waiting a year or more to release some of the most wanted features is not exactly fan friendly. Had they said upfront that these coveted features wouldn't be released for a year (or more) I think a lot fewer would have bought the game. The average life for most video games is probably under a year (guessing) so after nearly 11 months you can see why some people are starting to get very frustrated. All the missing features that were inexplicably removed from GT5 is just salt in the wound that negatively effects the enjoyment of GT6.

More accurately, features he said were already THERE.

And yes, GT6 was a good game as is, but the fact stands, half of it is STILL missing. Kaz lied as at launch they were just around the corner. No, I won't be buying GT7 if GT6 does not get finished, but I might if it did. If the features are never added, in my opinion anyone who buys GT7 is just plain stupid, simply put. And as I said, that's just MY opinion but it IS the way I feel about it. People get half-assed products now because they've accepted mediocrity. We, as consumers have no one to blame but ourselves, or in the case of those of us that buy with integrity our fellow consumers.

Last edited:
Back