So what song do you want for Gran Turismo 7’s opening movie?

• Thread starter Lux Klonoa
  • 92 comments

Your choice for the opening movie?

• Total voters
Daiki Kasho please. All My Life is my favourite Gran Turismo opening and gets me pumped every time I listen to it. Moon over the Castle is cool but it's gotten to the point of being a little stale for me. Like we get it, nostalgia is cool but you don't need to keep blasting that song every new trailer. It takes away from the identity of a new game when the developers just keep recycling the same old theme for every opening movie.

Kind of reminds me of Smash Bros in a way. You probably associate the franchise with one of the four unique openings they've had. However, each song was a one-off and was only used for the intro of the game it debuted in. This gives each entry a distinct musical identity and once someone plays one of the four themes it instantly reminds you of the game it came from. I think GT7 needs something similar like how "Soul on Display" makes me think of GT5, or "All My Life" instantly reminds me of GT6.

EDIT: I also wanted to nominate some songs that could be interesting for the licensed music. Up first is "Place to Be" by Goodshirt. Not exactly the heaviest rock song of all time but it would work so well for slo-mo and cinematic shots in my opinion.

Up second is "Run for Cover" by The Killers. This one drives way harder than "Place to Be" but doesn't really have that good of a cinematic/slow shot section IMO.

I think that "Let's Go" by Stuck in the Sound is a really underrated and amazing song that would be a good balance between both. The song has a slow, more dramatic/heartfelt section and a driving section with a really heavy guitar. Plus, having a song called "Let's Go" for a racing game is just really damn fitting.

Last edited:
It’s either Nine Inch Nails ‘Closer’, the ‘Curb Your Enthusiasm’ theme or nothing at all!

Daiki Kasho please. All My Life is my favourite Gran Turismo opening and gets me pumped every time I listen to it. Moon over the Castle is cool but it's gotten to the point of being a little stale for me. Like we get it, nostalgia is cool but you don't need to keep blasting that song every new trailer. It takes away from the identity of a new game when the developers just keep recycling the same old theme for every opening movie.

Kind of reminds me of Smash Bros in a way. You probably associate the franchise with one of the four unique openings they've had. However, each song was a one-off and was only used for the intro of the game it debuted in. This gives each entry a distinct musical identity and once someone plays one of the four themes it instantly reminds you of the game it came from. I think GT7 needs something similar like how "Soul on Display" makes me think of GT5, or "All My Life" instantly reminds me of GT6.

EDIT: I also wanted to nominate some songs that could be interesting for the licensed music. Up first is "Place to Be" by Goodshirt. Not exactly the heaviest rock song of all time but it would work so well for slo-mo and cinematic shots in my opinion.

Up second is "Run for Cover" by The Killers. This one drives way harder than "Place to Be" but doesn't really have that good of a cinematic/slow shot section IMO.

I think that "Let's Go" by Stuck in the Sound is a really underrated and amazing song that would be a good balance between both. The song has a slow, more dramatic/heartfelt section and a driving section with a really heavy guitar. Plus, having a song called "Let's Go" for a racing game is just really damn fitting.

Great nominations !!!

What's NSFW in let's go ? (That one "split" second?)
I thought it whole entire video was hilarious !!!

Amazing.
Is this produced by Dakota Star? Sounds a lot like a Daiki Kasho song
If this game's Japanese title was "Kaido Battle," then yeah, Daiki did the opening theme. According to his own personal page that he hasn't updated in a long while...

For those who don't know, since GT4, Daiki Kasho tends to work with other J-Rock bands and vocalists for his music. For GT4, it was Dakota Star, and then for 5 and 6, it was Fade (Jon Underdown's band) with Ray Hikari from Station of Revenge. Unfortunately, both bands have since broken up and now Daiki's by himself unless he's already found another band to work with (Survive Said the Prophet seems to be a good one, if their vocalist on FF7 Remake is any indication) or Alex Breuer's helping him as seen last year at Nightbird.

My favorite was definitely "all my life" In GT6.
The first time booting it up after the classic music opening, the build up I think gave me the biggest goosebumps ever. The song is amazing good chorus, good tempo just all around the best intro in GT personally.

Actually I made my own Intro song list to it
Opens up to Ryuichi Sakamoto 1996 cover of "Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence". After that ends I have an idea of either "Fast Change" by the Warbly Jets (same band that made the intro song for Marvel's Spider-Man game). Or "Alive" by MindVortex

Great nominations !!!

What's NSFW in let's go ? (That one "split" second?)
I thought it whole entire video was hilarious !!!

Yeah it's that one "split second", really just put it in a spoiler to cover my butt in case someone decided to report it for whatever reason. Unlikely but might as well.

Personally, I would like any of these options: Motc (new mix), another Daiki Kasho song, or a new song that fits the GT vibe. Something that gives me the same feelings as "My Favorite Game", "Panama", "Are You Gonna Go My Way", or "Everything Must Go". The song needs to promote fast-paced racing and have soul.

I wouldn't mind an orchestra track again either, but I would prefer if it was used for built-up like in Gran Turismo 5 & 6. They built up to the main intro showcasing specially edited footage before showing the main event, I liked that.

The song needs to promote fast-paced racing and have soul.
What would you suggest though? Anything come to mind?

This song could work I think. It has rock, orchestra, upbeat fast-paced bits, soul, lyrics. I could imagine the footage for it already, showing video of cars being manufactured during the bridges, cars racing past the camera hearing an echo of the engine as the word ghost is sang.

Last edited:
Amazing.
Is this produced by Dakota Star? Sounds a lot like a Daiki Kasho song

I do believe so, I've been looking for the original version for a long time, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. It is a masterpiece for sure :)

If this game's Japanese title was "Kaido Battle," then yeah, Daiki did the opening theme. According to his own personal page that he hasn't updated in a long while...

For those who don't know, since GT4, Daiki Kasho tends to work with other J-Rock bands and vocalists for his music. For GT4, it was Dakota Star, and then for 5 and 6, it was Fade (Jon Underdown's band) with Ray Hikari from Station of Revenge. Unfortunately, both bands have since broken up and now Daiki's by himself unless he's already found another band to work with (Survive Said the Prophet seems to be a good one, if their vocalist on FF7 Remake is any indication) or Alex Breuer's helping him as seen last year at Nightbird.

Very interesting. It might explain why I can't find the original version. I will definitely take a look at some of Daiki's work. I love this style of music. Thank you :)

What What by Samwell, cut to footage of people ramming each other from GT Sport's Daily Races replay footage, but with the replays running on GT7's graphics engine.

;)

Either Moon Over The Castle, or... a new Andoh song. I'm surprised no one's suggested that yet.

We need more Andoh music in general. New or old is fine; maybe add more Blood Music songs, or sneak in some Arc the Lad cameos.

Back