So what song do you want for Gran Turismo 7’s opening movie?

• Thread starter Lux Klonoa
  • 92 comments

Your choice for the opening movie?

• Total voters
Either Moon Over The Castle, or... a new Andoh song. I'm surprised no one's suggested that yet.

We need more Andoh music in general. New or old is fine; maybe add more Blood Music songs, or sneak in some Arc the Lad cameos.
Hmm, last time I checked, Andoh was in his 70s. Might be too aged to do music anymore. (I might be wrong, though)

Meanwhile, Daiki's only 43 as of last November (his birth month). Still pretty young, IMO.

I made this with Daiki Kasho music. It sounds great in my opinion. What do you think?

It sounds good! Also... be careful with these bots, they might hack you...
upload_2020-6-18_13-59-51.png

Hmm, last time I checked, Andoh was in his 70s. Might be too aged to do music anymore. (I might be wrong, though)

Meanwhile, Daiki's only 43 as of last November (his birth month). Still pretty young, IMO.
Fortunately, Masahiro Andoh is still active! (that's according to his Wikipedia article)

To me, one of the best tracks in GranTurismo ever was on GT5, by My Chemical Romance - Planetary (Go!).

This track havesucked me in punk rock and emo rock again, the twists in the track supports for me the variety of game modes and types of Motorsports in general and available in GT titles. MCR is brought together again this year and despite the coronavirus, they should have been touring again ! And another fact about that reunion.. they stopped in 2013, come back in 2020, that's 7 years.. 7 ! :D

[YouTube]

To me, one of the best tracks in GranTurismo ever was on GT5, by My Chemical Romance - Planetary (Go!).

This track havesucked me in punk rock and emo rock again, the twists in the track supports for me the variety of game modes and types of Motorsports in general and available in GT titles. MCR is brought together again this year and despite the coronavirus, they should have been touring again ! And another fact about that reunion.. they stopped in 2013, come back in 2020, that's 7 years.. 7 ! :D

[YouTube]

Hm, a lot of people didn't really like MCR back then as the GT5 opener, though. I myself thought the song was alright... until I went all, "YES! YEEEEESSSS!!" when "5OUL" took over for Spec II. lol

But if MCR can do a more aggressive song this time around if they're picked for GT7, then cool. But as I've implied before, it is more likely that they won't ever go with licensed music again and just use Daiki or MOtC again.

I mean, heh, the two of them are pretty popular in Japan anyway, judging from the amount of covers that have been uploaded over the years. MOtC moreso, but Daiki too as well:

I took the GT Sport opening trailer and replaced the music with Daiki Kasho’s Day To Live from GT6 . It sounds better than the original version in my opinion. What do you think?

Looking back, I also still quite enjoy the original GT Sport intro song. It gives me such an upbeat vibe that fits in the spirit of GT, but also feels a bit like Disney. Maybe the same artists working on that song could work on another song for GT7.

Looking back, I also still quite enjoy the original GT Sport intro song. It gives me such an upbeat vibe that fits in the spirit of GT, but also feels a bit like Disney. Maybe the same artists working on that song could work on another song for GT7.
As I noted in the OP, the artist is John Paesano, whose music you may have heard on Netflix's Daredevil and Defenders, and who also composed music for Markus' scenario in Detroit Become Human as well as Spider-Man on PS4. PD must have likely approached him when he was still working on these two Sony-published games.

Another orchestral piece by him could work, but only if it was motorsport glory-focused like Sport's was. Otherwise, it wouldn't fit the celebration and potential aggression of cars in general like rock does, IMO.

I vote for the song of a V12, V10 or V8, throughout the game, not just the opening.

Sadly, PD don't know how to reproduce any of those properly.

GT Sport was an improvement on the vacuum cleaners of previous versions, but still far from spine tingling.

I vote for the song of a V12, V10 or V8, throughout the game, not just the opening.

Sadly, PD don't know how to reproduce any of those properly.

GT Sport was an improvement on the vacuum cleaners of previous versions, but still far from spine tingling.
That's kind of a bit off-topic, though? And even then, others say that the sounds have gotten much better in Sport at least... *shrug*

Had to share another great song!
"Slow Car Boost - Over it"
It is from The Fast and Furious Tokyo Drift game for the PlayStation 2 had a great soundtrack :)

The GT4 orchestral Moon Over The Castle.
From the beginning until the woman stops singing (driver puts down visor scene flashbacks).
Then there could be another song or even a new one, or whatever.
But the heroic beginning really gives goosebumps.

Some kind of synthwave style of music. Carpenter Brut,Perturbator, Dan Terminus are some great artists.

Back