SOCCER vs. american football

sure soccer is boring to watch on tv. the best is being at the game. or even better playing. soccer is underestimated. its a more full contact sport than American Football. ur only padding are shin gaurds. football ur covered in pads. good soccer players hit hard on header fights and defense has to play tough meaning throwing secret elbows. soccer is way better than football, and hockey. baseball is another story that is fun too. only to play though.

Originally posted by Formula1racer
sure soccer is boring to watch on tv. the best is being at the game. or even better playing. soccer is underestimated. its a more full contact sport than American Football. ur only padding are shin gaurds. football ur covered in pads. good soccer players hit hard on header fights and defense has to play tough meaning throwing secret elbows. soccer is way better than football, and hockey. baseball is another story that is fun too. only to play though.
The same thing applies to every game. It's more fun to play the game then what it is to watch. I can not sit down and watch a game of soccer, but I don't mind going out and having a kick around. As for American Football, I come from Australia so I don't even understand how this game is played. Rugby League owns all sports though!

Football is the best.........no not that stupid padded american ****e.......the original 130 yr old game, that more people participate than any other sport in the world.

It can't be beaten. I watch every football match that is on TV....Even if i hate the teams that are playing (Damn Arsenal!)

aight im a lil biased toward american football b/c ive played it for like 8 yrs now, but i have had the oppurtinity to play indoor soccer and its awesome. They are both fun to play and equal in my mind...but i have the most fun playing a different sport..ice hockey.

i like soccer alot more than i lke football, i think it's more fun to play and it's more challenging, also, if anybody cares, Mexico is going up against Brazil in like 20 minutes for the Gold Cup title , it will be aired on MexIcan TV

Lets get one thing straight....

the game of Football (soccer to the ill informed) was invented hundreds of years before the term 'soccer' and the sport 'american football' was invented. Its a British invention, Scottish to be precise since the earliest known football was found in Mary Queen of Scots chamber 400 years ago....

http://tudorhistory.org/news/football.html

The proper name of the sport is Football. Got it?

Americans cant watch it because there no good at it...watching Spain, Germany, Italy, Czech Republic, Portugal, Brazil and Argentina is like poerty to the senses....its an artfrom as much as it is a sport when it is played by the worlds best....and like a visit to the circus when played by Americans...

THEY are the only country that is interested in American Football and the only one that cares....as for Football...this is trully a world sport full of skill and professionalism....

Originally posted by Nismo GT-R
Well said TurboSmoke.

Though i am a little hesitent on the fact that the scots invented it....i would like to think it was the english :)

nah buddy...nice try but this is yet another Scottish invention...same as golf and the TV....:)

Originally posted by TurboSmoke

Americans cant watch it because there no good at it...watching Spain, Germany, Italy, Czech Republic, Portugal, Brazil and Argentina is like poerty to the senses....its an artfrom as much as it is a sport when it is played by the worlds best....and like a visit to the circus when played by Americans...
It must be genetic or something. Are Jews any good at it?

THEY are the only country that is interested in American Football and the only one that cares....as for Football...this is trully a world sport full of skill and professionalism....
You mean like the riots? Yeah. Professional.

Originally posted by milefile
It must be genetic or something. Are Jews any good at it?

You mean like the riots? Yeah. Professional.

Iyal Berkovich is a decent wee player when he wants to be...played for the Mighty Glasgow Celtic for a short while..thats the only Jew i know in pro footy...

as far as genetics are concerned, its mostly the Latin players that are the best...people of Spanish or Portugese extraction such as Argentina, Brazil, Central America and of course Europe...Jewish countries are not known for thier foolballing skills...

If you look very closely at the screen when a football riot is underway, you'll notice something a little unusual....its the fans that are rioting...not the players....i mean...who has ever heard of a professional footy fan?...

by professionalism i mean the players of course (did you think your answer through before posting?)...apart from the odd scrap on the field which is expected in a contact sport such as football, players dont get involved in the riot as such...

The occasional scuffles you get on football pitch are nothing compared to the fights in Ice Hockey or Rugby.

TurboSmoke - its Eyal Berkovich :)

All of u know if the best american pro athletes didnt grow up on American football, basketball, and baseball we could dominate Football.

Originally posted by Nismo GT-R
The occasional scuffles you get on football pitch are nothing compared to the fights in Ice Hockey or Rugby.

TurboSmoke - its Eyal Berkovich :)

true....and ta for the spelling correction....

Originally posted by BudNC6721
All of u know if the best american pro athletes didnt grow up on American football, basketball, and baseball we could dominate Football.

thats a joke...Americans are too fat to play footy...just look at the stomachs on your 'athletes'....

you must be the only person in the world that shares that view point....i doubt you would be able to produce players with the skills of Luis Figo, Ronaldo, Henrik Larrson etc.....

first of all they'll have to put that burger down and start exercising and eating pasta etc....no chance!

Lets not be too harsh. Last year in the world cup the american side was pretty good. They obviously have enough money to have good training facilities and therefore are all incredibly fit people. And can keep going for all 90 mins etc.

But they just don't have the natural skill such as the brazilians who start playing football with tennis balls on the beach when they are 3.

Though i do expect that the americans may get better at it in the future.

Also, if anyone has heard of Freddy Adu, he is a 13 yr old footballer who is dubbed as the new Pele. He plays for the American under 20's or something and scored 3 on his debut, playing against peopel about 5 yrs older than him. He is wanted by Inter Milan, oh..he is American by the way. (then again he was actually born in Ghana or something :D )

ah im so glad to see im backed up on the awsome sport. u definatly need more skill to play football soccer w/e u may wanna call it. definatly more agility.

sure soccer is boring to watch on tv.

i dont know how you can say this buddy....boring? youre obviously watching the wrong teams...

a good match is probably the greatest thing you can watch on tv.

:)

turbo smoke i take it ur a Real Madrid fan EH? il have to agree w/ u on that man. i got back to watchen it on tv and i cant believe i said it was boring!!! the only boring games are usa womens vs virtually any other them they play. 5-0. . .6-0. . .4-0?? no match. poor Brandi Chastain i liked her when is she gonna be able to play again?

turbo smoke i take it ur a Real Madrid fan EH? il have to agree w/ u on that man. i got back to watchen it on tv and i cant believe i said it was boring!!! the only boring games are usa womens vs virtually any other them they play. 5-0. . .6-0. . .4-0?? no match. poor Brandi Chastain i liked her when is she gonna be able to play again?

Hi F1racer..

nah, i am not a fan of real....there an awesome side but i am Celtic fan.....

some games are boring...its true but it all about atomsphere...the fans and the players....

if you get two great rivals....real against valencia, manu against arsenal, or dare i say celtic against rangers, it becomes a game of passion and pride.....

i like to see the England, Turkey game this weekend...

both are good sides but are bitter rivals....could be a bit of crowd trouble ( i hope not...some got killed last time )...it should be a passionate affair on the pitch though..

Turkey 0 - 3 England thats my prediction...

Originally posted by TurboSmoke
if you get two great rivals....real against valencia, manu against arsenal, or dare i say celtic against rangers, it becomes a game of passion and pride.....

Yeah, man.;)

I think both sports are similar in some ways. If you play soccer, you can become a punter or placekicker in football. If you're a defensive back, you can play goalie.

Originally posted by Curveball
I think both sports are similar in some ways. If you play soccer, you can become a punter or placekicker in football. If you're a defensive back, you can play goalie.
sorry i have to disagree with you there.
the two sports are nothing alike what so ever.. the ball is a differebt shape.. you use your hands in one of them and not in the other.. completely different way off scoring a goal, not to mention point systems.. of course they are similar in that they both have offence and deffence but christ you could say that about chess !

Originally posted by jay wilkie
sorry i have to disagree with you there.
the two sports are nothing alike what so ever.. the ball is a differebt shape.. you use your hands in one of them and not in the other.. completely different way off scoring a goal, not to mention point systems.. of course they are similar in that they both have offence and deffence but christ you could say that about chess !

agreed...football is infinitely more skillful than the american counter part....we also dont wear helmets and padding....and if you think that your sport is rougher....

all i can say is watch this years rugby world cup...a far more intense and tougher sport than american football...and not a helmet or shoulder pad in sight....

i reccomend England (bookmakers favourites) against RSA next weekend.....should be a good ole game...

Back