Socom

• Thread starter omega
  • 23 comments
Is anyone going to hit up SOCOM when it comes out in august? I know I will. I think it has a chance to be the best fps/tps on ps2.

Yeah, I'm really excited about it. My friend, he is even more excited. He wants to be a US Navy SEAL when he grows up, so it's like the perfect game for him. I like the idea of including a head set with the game. That would be nice.

Originally posted by Viper Zero
Yeah, I'm really excited about it. My friend, he is even more excited. He wants to be a US Navy SEAL when he grows up, so it's like the perfect game for him. I like the idea of including a head set with the game. That would be nice.
yeah i heard you can actually talk to the game. its a little weird but in a way cool. I cant wait to join a clan and kick some ass!!!

Its just like cs your either terrorists or your navy seals. 16 on each team useing a broadband adapter, which is the only draw back i see but this will eliminate lag.

It'll cut down on it. But lag'll still be there. It's on the Socom servers you know? the more players on the servers, the more lag there will be.

Since it will be only PS2 SOCOM users playing on the servers, then the lag should be to a minimum, if any at all.

No. It won't be only SOCOM users on the servers. SOCOM, just like every other Sony Networked title, uses sony's shared servers. So the more people online, the more lag there will be on every game.

Boy, I hope that my 2MB/s downstream will be good enough! Anyway, I really want to get that Linux adapter and TH3, those two would be the ultimate combo, considering that people are already playing THPS3 online with PS2's

I don't need a link.

You buy any PC external 56k modem that connects with USB. Plug it in to the PS2 and THPS 3 automatically recognizes it. Then you type in your ISP info and connect to a server. That's it! I believe IGN, Gamespot, and CVG wrote articles about it. Go find them yourself.

What I ment was, for you to be able to play Halo online, it's the same as playing THPS 3 online. Except with Halo, you use Xbox's broadband modem and a hub.

Originally posted by Viper Zero
What I ment was, for you to be able to play Halo online, it's the same as playing THPS 3 online. Except with Halo, you use Xbox's broadband modem and a hub.

Not really... you use GameSpy Arcade, Xbox Connect, or some otehr programs.
It's not the same thing, there's chat, buddy lists, support staff, and that stuff when you play Halo,THPS2x,THPS3,Moto GP, or Nascar Heat online.

Back