Solo's Gallery - Stuff

• Thread starter Solo
  • 201 comments

Solo

Cheese Gromit.
Premium
England
Essex, UK
Well, I recently received a DSLR from my parents as an early birthday present for our trip to America so I think its about time for me to open a gallery here. Clicking on all photos will take you to flickr Lightbox view.

I'm starting with shots from America, Washington D.C. to be more accurate (still out here) :

C&C would be much appreciated :cheers:

Last edited:
A sample of some night time photography, more to come later when I've had time to edit them.

I'd really appreciate any tips or comments, constructive or critical!

Nice, hope you enjoy your trip 👍

Only CC I can give you is I find some pics a tad to darkish (though it might be my work screen) and some shots are not aligned (don't know if intentional or not).

Nice shots though last one at night is cool ;)

I think a few may actually be a bit dark upon review. By not aligned I assume you mean not level? Thats a mistake I hadn't noticed :ouch: I'll be more careful with that next time! :cheers:

The rest of my night shots:

Next update will be coming at you from NYC 👍

Last edited:
Bruntingthorpe Proving ground charity track day. Unfortunately there wasnt any suitable spots for me to get shots of the cars in action :(

1973 Corvette by NMC's Photos, on Flickr

Classic Boss 302 1 by NMC's Photos, on Flickr

Classic Boss 302 2 by NMC's Photos, on Flickr

Dodge Viper 1 by NMC's Photos, on Flickr

Dodge Viper 2 by NMC's Photos, on Flickr

Dodge Viper 3 by NMC's Photos, on Flickr

Ford GT by NMC's Photos, on Flickr

GT3RS by NMC's Photos, on Flickr

Matte GR-R by NMC's Photos, on Flickr

Me and GT40 by NMC's Photos, on Flickr

New Boss 302 1 by NMC's Photos, on Flickr

New Boss 302 2 by NMC's Photos, on Flickr

Nismo Skyline by NMC's Photos, on Flickr

R33 by NMC's Photos, on Flickr

Race road by NMC's Photos, on Flickr

Roushcharged by NMC's Photos, on Flickr

Senior and Junior 302 by NMC's Photos, on Flickr

two tone GT-R by NMC's Photos, on Flickr

Wing walker 1 by NMC's Photos, on Flickr

Wing Walker 2 by NMC's Photos, on Flickr

Wing Walker 3 by NMC's Photos, on Flickr

Wing Walker 4 by NMC's Photos, on Flickr

Great shots, and they just keep getting better and better. 👍

That you look at every possible subject worthy of being shot makes you already a winner at memorable pictures.

Keep shooting. We'll be looking over your shoulder. 👍 :)

Thanks :cheers: I'm still really quite new to photography outside of point and shoot so I'm hoping I do develop as you've mentioned.

Love the NYC shots, almost makes me want to go out and buy a camera right now.

Cheers Tom 👍 You should do it, but be more disciplined than I have been with spending on accessories!

Heres a few photos from my colleges remembrance service today. It's the first time I've ever set out to do any specific human photography so was quite fun :)

From late autumn:

Leafy2 by NMC's Photos, on Flickr​

I took my camera out one night at the beginning of December and took a few snaps around my neighbourhood. This was my first time doing any night photography using my prime lens so it was nicer to have the wider aperture:

Night post by NMC's Photos, on Flickr

200 to the moon by NMC's Photos, on Flickr
Saying that I didn't use my pancake lens for that shot :lol:

Express delivery by NMC's Photos, on Flickr

The hunter by NMC's Photos, on Flickr

And then since getting my new phone I've been trialing the camera on that coupled with the new Android snapseed app:

IMAG0047_1 by NMC's Photos, on Flickr

IMAG0065_1 by NMC's Photos, on Flickr

And finally a grainy picture of a gig I went to, however I really like how the lighting has been captured in this shot and it gives a good idea as to what the atmosphere for the show was like I feel

Keane by NMC's Photos, on Flickr​

Theres a few really good things in here! Really digging the 1st few in your first post and there's some from NYC that work really nicely with tones and composition as well. :)

Nice shots all over I would say. Really grew from the first shots though the last one. Good evolution, keep it up 👍

I love your Skyline shots. Anymore of the white Skyline R33 (he's quite known). But I am biased on Skylines as much as Kaz ;)

Theres a few really good things in here! Really digging the 1st few in your first post and there's some from NYC that work really nicely with tones and composition as well. :)
Thanks 👍 The tones in the NYC shots are my personal favourites too.

Nice shots all over I would say. Really grew from the first shots though the last one. Good evolution, keep it up 👍

I love your Skyline shots. Anymore of the white Skyline R33 (he's quite known). But I am biased on Skylines as much as Kaz ;)
Thanks :) I am trying to observe what I see here on the 'Planet and take insipiration from the quality photographs we have to use in my work as I really don't have much experience or knowledge in photography. I will have a look to see if there is any more of the white R33 but I doubt it. How do you mean he's quite known?

Edit: No more shots of the R33 but I did find this one that I like from the same day:

458 front wheel by NMC's Photos, on Flickr

And this new one from last night:

redcoat by NMC's Photos, on Flickr

Last edited:
Never mind, check the forums, it's an other plate (R33 gtr). Memory play tricks.
Nice though... Like that Ferrari shot

Last edited:
Back