some license advice needed

Hi guys,

I have just gotten GT3 and I'm in the process of getting all golds on the normal B license. So far I've not had any trouble EXCEPT the last test (Trial mountain with R32 GTR). I know it just takes practice to get the best time, but even after trying for an hour I can barely get a silver time. Do you guys have any tips on reducing time?

I am doing it at the moment with no anti spin mechanism and automatic transmission. I also looked through the forums to see if anyone had a similar post before I posted.

Also what car do I get for getting all golds on the normal B license?

The most important thing to getting a good time on this test is to back off the throttle entering the 2nd tunnel and accelerate smoothly all the way through the bend and into the 3rd tunnel. If you have to lift off to avoid hitting the wall of the 3rd tunnel, you'll lose a lot of time. Best advice is "Slow in = Fast out."
Hope this helps, good luck. :)

This one is challenging, but there has been a lot writen about it. Try a better search.

First off, don't spin the tires at the launch. Put the revs at 4,200 before the launch and just as you hear the the "ding," full throttle it. You can cut the first left turn a lot, which will help you get to the right turn quicker. When going through the turns, don't full throttle the car. Keep a slight throttle position when going through the turns. Never back off the throttle completely, and coast through the turns. You'll lose a lot of time that way. Make sure you listen to the tires. If they squeal a lot, you are going to fast, or accelerating too hard. Good luck!

Cheers everyone who replied, all your advice has helped me cut down my times quite considerably. Now its only a matter of time before I get that gold time.

Thanks again 👍

All I have to say is follow the dotted lines. You may not want to at first. You may find it very easy to take an alternate route to get your bronze or even silver. But when it comes down to it, follow them as close as you can. It shows you to go to the outside just before the second tunnel so your weight can shift giving you better weight transfer without accelerating, turning the car faster (drifting), out of the tunnel and accelerating through the straight. This is the most crucial turn IMO.

I only started attempting to gold them a few days ago. I got B easy, Most of A easy, and some if IB. My only question is, HOW DO YOU DO THE DAMN CIRCLE ONES!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!?@?!#@:fsdKQAHC

Oh yeah, search, search, search.

If you don't find anything on this site, go to www.gt3times.com and look on their forums. They have a whole series of threads dedicated to license exams.

Back