some punk said a R34 would beat the Corvette Z06, HA!

• Thread starter oosacker
  • 227 comments
some punk said a R34 would beat the Corvette Z06, HA!

"the skyline would get eaten by the corvette, any skyline(STOCK) would lose to this car!! IT is faster, cheaper, looks better, brakes better, pulls a .98g and is AMERICAN MUSCLE."

-Some American guy

NOTE: I just realised that I had spelt "American" wrong.

American cars are far too heavy to accelerate as fast as Japanese. Maybe they will catch up and make em sniff exhaust a few km's down the track but at the first sprint... No way sir... :D

I like the R34, but I would have to say that the stock Corvette Z06 would beat a stock R34 at most things, including 0-60 and probally quarter mile too. Have I ever driven a R34 or a Corvette? No, heck I haven't even seen one in real life, but from the figures I've seen and article I've read, that's the likely scenario. Not all american car are heavy. I don't remember the weight of the Corvette but the R34 weight in at about 3200 lbs. The Corvette's weight should be around there or lighter.

If I ever have the money, I would buy a R34, even if it more expensive than a Corvette. But I wouldn't say it's the greatest car in the world.

On wet track, the R34 would probally beat the Corvette because of the AWD.

The R34 can beat the vette at the start out. Cause I did drive a vette on a test drive (for some sort of a promotional exhibit and on a strip) and it spinned so wildly that the tail started going to the right severely and I had to release the accelerator. My start out was terrible. I wrote down something like 8.1 secs for 0-60... Even my 2.0 16V Megane Coupe (moded to 230 + Hp) hits 60 (100km/h) at 7,2 secs !!

But an AWD will not do that for you and you will shoot forward.
As for the weight issue, I do not think that the R34 should be more than 20-40 lbs heavier than the vette... And that's due to the torque distributor and rear differenatial.

The stock Vette would out accelerate a stock Skyline hands down (still think the Vette is one ugly beast , mind)

It does 0-60 in around 4:5 secs and the quarter mile in less than 13 secs. A stock Skyline is quick but not that quick ( just over 5 secs and 13.5 ) . The Vette is also lighter than the Skyline ( by quite a way) and has a higher top speed.

Never driven either though, so whether any of these figures actually matter when you get the cars on a track is something else.

Just face it, some people like American muscle cars, some like Japenese cars....and you are very unlikely to change either parties viewpoint.

This exact same post was on the Supercars forum when I went to look at the figures.....

I'm with Puck though. Whatever the figures I'd still take the Skyline

Originally posted by Pek2
I'm with Puck though. Whatever the figures I'd still take the Skyline

Hey - I get all that performance, and I can put my golf clubs in the boot and sit people in the back!!

I was suddenly hit by the uncertainty... Was the car I drove a Z06 or a 28 ????? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

I seem not to remember correctly... But I remember one thing distinctively : The hood was the complete nose of the car and made of plastic... Which one is that supposed to be ???
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

It had this huge V8 with red rocker covers and a oval-rectangular (rounded corners) air filter... All the pipes and loomings were chrome plated. I cannot remember exactly but I was told it had a power of something like 355 Hp...

Could you help me remember ???

Originally posted by Tigra
Why argue about this???

Just buy the two cars in GT3, take'em to the 400m test and see for yerselves!! :P
...I can't find the golf clubs in the 'Options' list...

Y' know, I like the Skyline...but I gotta think that a Z06 is faster. More power, better off the line torque, not being saddled with a power sapping AWD drivetrain, etc. It will take more skill to drive well, no doubt.

<---putters off for a battery of GT3 tests. Will report back with results this evening. :D

The zo6 sounds raw, really deep...I like the skyline's sound better + the skyline is really fun to drive because of the G meter!! :D

If you guys want I'll make a competition over in the Challenge and Races forum for the R34 verus the Corvette Z06, who is up for that?

Originally posted by risingson77
Y' know, I like the Skyline...but I gotta think that a Z06 is faster. More power, better off the line torque, not being saddled with a power sapping AWD drivetrain, etc. It will take more skill to drive well, no doubt.

<---putters off for a battery of GT3 tests. Will report back with results this evening. :D

great idea ;) I'll go run some miles with them as well :D I'll be reviewing the upgrade abilities, fastest acceleration, top speeds, torque, behaviour going uphill --> downhill (over-revving) and I'll have a go on sim tires :P Cheers! ;)

Originally posted by ZeroCool85
If you guys want I'll make a competition over in the Challenge and Races forum for the R34 verus the Corvette Z06, who is up for that?

Sure! Laguna Laguna!!!! :D

;)

Attachments

• zo6_vs_r34.jpg
    zo6_vs_r34.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 264
could you guys stop it with the Punks? i always feel concerned...

as for the tests... GT3 is a game, we'd need someone to drive both in real-life to see the truth... i think it would be fairly equal, maybe the Corvette would win the acceleration and 1/4 mile, but on a track, it's pretty equal. maybe the advantage goes to the Vette...

and a Skyline is way more exclusive than a Corvette around here... how many Skylines are there in the US and Canada compared to Vettes?

I'd rather take the Skyline... i don't want to be seen in a fiberglass tub.:D

Originally posted by PunkRock
could you guys stop it with the Punks? i always feel concerned...

as for the tests... GT3 is a game, we'd need someone to drive both in real-life to see the truth... i think it would be fairly equal, maybe the Corvette would win the acceleration and 1/4 mile, but on a track, it's pretty equal. maybe the advantage goes to the Vette...

and a Skyline is way more exclusive than a Corvette around here... how many Skylines are there in the US and Canada compared to Vettes?

I'd rather take the Skyline... i don't want to be seen in a fiberglass tub.:D

There are only 3 Skylines in America that i know of 2 are on the west coast and 1 is in ATLANTA!

Comp will happen right now, i'll go make the thread

I just got a general comment.

Some American cars will be heavier than Japanese cars. But American cars have the major power advantages.

e.g. Vette Z06 compared to a NSX.

Actually it isn't a fair fight as Japanese cars must stay below 280hp to remain streetlegal where-as the vette has +360hp... the skyline fittted with a turbo1 tune-up would kick vette-ass then ;)

Originally posted by rufrgt_sn00pie2001
Actually it isn't a fair fight as Japanese cars must stay below 280hp to remain streetlegal where-as the vette has +360hp... the skyline fittted with a turbo1 tune-up would kick vette-ass then ;)

280 bhp is a conservative figure. Production Skylines make over 300 bhp. The manufacturers actually lie-only the figure is too low! :eek:

Back