Some questions on the higher-end GT League events....

• Thread starter MIE1992
  • 34 comments
To be fair to the AI, they seem to do ok on race hard tyres.

I think this really is a 'git gud' thing. From what I see they arent that fast, they're still faster than me but it looks like there doesnt seem to be huge rabbits, they're all driving in what looks like a big clump so you'll pass the lot if you're fast endough.

I think this is worst on Brands hatch but its clear you need to be close to under 1'10" to beat them?

I'm up around 1'14" so I need to get better.

Another issue I have is that I'm having a really hard time seeing the brake light when the AI brakes. I wonder if it's a lighting issue?

And for endurance races in general, is there a general pattern I should follow when the accelerated tire wear/fuel consumption differ from another? Like in this Monza race, the fuel use is 3x while the tires are at 4x - does this discrepancy mean anything as to what tires I should use, or does the track's overall layout mean more in this regard?
If I read all your posts I think you are putting the wrong effort into the game. The fuel and tyre strategy is brilliant in the game but completely useless since you can win every endurance without any strategy. I drove all endurances on the standard tires. Standard setting for power. Did not press any button. Went to the pit when the game asked me to whenever I had almost 1 lap left. And still managed to get P1. I am not an alien. So I love all the theories but its useless in GT league. In sport mode against real drivers you can have some big advantages by changing strategies.

So my advice is to start doing time trial untill you are capable to drive round after round within 1 seconds difference. If that is the case you are ready for every GT league in standard trim. If you still cannot win something is wrong on a different level. I have noticed the super AI driver who after you easily pass him suddenly becomes the fastest racer in the world. Maybe in your game something similar is happening ?

And about the clean race bonus: you do know you can drive them as many times as you want thus not needing that clean race bonus since you already drive it for the second time which is a 200% bonus !

So I did recently clear both the F1500 events, and all the Gr.3 endurances. Here's what I did:

-For the F1500 events, I maxed out both the TCS and the downforce. Then I continued to exercise throttle control and short-shift if needed. I even got a clean race when I won the race at Interlagos.
-For the Gr.3 endurances, I began with RM wheels, and short-shifted up until my first pitstop. By that point, I would switch to RH wheels, and keep going on the power band, and I'd have enough fuel to only pit one more time. I did get a clean race a Monza, but not at Dragon Trail Gardens nor Mt. Panorama.

I also cleared the Suzuka Porsche Cup race, though it wasn't declared a clean race. My advice so far is to just stick with RH wheels and don't worry about short-shifting to save fuel. Also, the car doesn't seem to like it when you turn too hard, so in that Suzuka hairpin, make sure your turn is pretty broad.

Back