somebody knows about tt2 ???

• Thread starter stiletto
  • 42 comments
hi everybody i ask about to the forum members about the apereance of tt2 in the ps2 or even in the ps3 ?? i mean sdomeone knows if this version is going to be launch to any of this ps2 or ps3 formats??

thanks to all for the answers

On a handful of messageboards bearing TT discussion, there are probably around five or six very hardcore players. Most people jumped ship too damn early, and as such, outside of said few hardcore players, the masses don't deserve a sequel.

Tellin' it like it is,

The Uncreated

... which doesn't mean that there won't be a sequel. There's no specific information on that yet though.

Regards
the Interceptor

I really hope a sequel is made. Takamasa Shichisawa took a mediocre driving sim and turned it into the best motorcycle sim I've ever played (albeit not the most realistic). I'd love to see what he could do without the constraint of a ridiculously short development timeframe.

On a handful of messageboards bearing TT discussion, there are probably around five or six very hardcore players. Most people jumped ship too damn early, and as such, outside of said few hardcore players, the masses don't deserve a sequel.

Tellin' it like it is,

The Uncreated
LOL, we don't deserve a sequel because we don't spend countless hours on message boards and websites talking about it (the game)?
A sequel will be made or not based on game sales of the first one I should think, not how many hardcore players there are posting on messge boards.

Some how I don't really think it will be because of consumer demand if they do make another one, however I'm pretty sure just because the connection to polyphony and GT it will be bought and not just sit on shelves.

LOL, we don't deserve a sequel because we don't spend countless hours on message boards and websites talking about it (the game)?

Relax, it isn't as cut and dry as you make it out to be.

One can reasonably sample the overall interest of a game based on messageboard feedback and activity. If a noticeable cross section of the messageboard-going TT playerbase appreciably drops off after three or four months activity, there's a reasonable probability that same interest might be mirrored in similar proportion everywhere -- on or off messageboards.

I estimate that probably ninety percent of the TT activity that was on this board has gone the way of the dodo. That ratio is similar on the other Tourist Trophy boards too. Granted sales are one thing, perceivable player interest accounts for a pretty large motivational factor whether game publishers squeeze out sequels. The truth is, outside of a small number of dedicated players, motivation isn't high on the Tourist Trophy boards, and perhaps comparably not as high everywhere.

I'll tell you this, if I were a game publisher doing the messageboard rounds to guage interest in one of my games, the massive interest I continue to see in Gran Tourismo would propel me to make ten more sequels. That palpable interest is an implied petition by the people.

Uncreated

I am relaxed thanks.. :)
I think messagboards get too much credit sometimes.
For example: if they sold 500,000 copies of the game (just a number, I have no idea how many were sold) and at one point there were 5,000 people posting actively on messageboards about the game, that's 1%.

I think developers might visit boards to see what thier hardcore fans like/dislike about a game but I doubt that boards have much influence on wether or not sequels get made.

I think in the case of TT we have a sucessful developer (PD) with a passion for cars...and bikes too aparently, that had the resources to create a project with bikes, they pumped out a great game and now when they are done with the next car version (GT5) they might have time to pump out another TT using much of the content from GT5. Let's hope so anyway.

S'funny: just out of nostalgia I re-installed GP500 and SBK2001 on my PC last night, and was ... underwhelmed. Yeah, those games are more realistic than TT in terms of difficulty, but TT's physics model is very good and the frame rate of the PS2 makes it a pleasure to play.

Now if they could just do something about the rolling starts and lack of A.I....

Theres allways room for another bike game, there is simply not enough of them, any bike game that claims to be a "realistic riding experience" or anything of the such will sell very well due to the specificness of the genre, so making a profit wont be a problem :)

It must have sold reasonably well, at least in Gmae, it was in their top 20 chart for quite a while and they didnt drop the price on it like thye normally do with poor selling games.

My favorite thing about Tourist Trophy is that it's the only motorcycle game (to my knowledge) that features road/street-legal bikes. However, a nice feature for a possible sequel (especially with the extra horsepower of the PS3) would be 2-player road bike races...Tourist Trophy only allows racing bikes in versus mode.

dont get me wrong, i like TT very much, but it has a lot of little niggles that i dont like, namely the wheelie "power acceleration" trick...you should be able to wheelie a zx10, or most other bikes for that matter with 100+ hp, without having to pull on the bars...and the rolling starts like mentioned above. i dont have too many complaints about the AI, because, no matter how good the AI gets, we will always be better. two player isnt too important to me, because i hate split screen, and the limited number of bikes we could use...well, it sucked. also, spinning the rear tyre needs to be improved. even on my R6, i can spin the rear tire without have to be full throttle. keep in mind, im not smoking the hell out of it, but its slipping and it moves around a lot. in Tt, you have to be smoking the tire for a while before is steps sideways even a little. and then when it snaps back, its way too slow, kinda like a car (gt4 physics maybe to blame). come to think of it, the whole tyre sliding action really isnt realistic in the least. ive never seen a bike slide for more than a second or so, (motogp excluded) and it usually snaps back hard!

hopefully there will be a TT2, and that it will keep the graphics they way they are (or be improved upon) and have a little more motorcycle specific attributes.

Yeah, the physics are far from perfect...but at least they're enjoyable, and do a good job of recreating the feeling of riding a motorcycle as long as you stay well within the limits of traction/control.

agreed, they are enjoyable, but like you said, you have to not be pushing real hard. once you do, some major faults start showing up. never the less, its still the best overall bike sim, imo.

My favorite thing about Tourist Trophy is that it's the only motorcycle game (to my knowledge) that features road/street-legal bikes. However, a nice feature for a possible sequel (especially with the extra horsepower of the PS3) would be 2-player road bike races...Tourist Trophy only allows racing bikes in versus mode.

Riding Spirits was a game with real street legal bikes. They also came out with a RSII which I have never played due to it not being released in the US. It was a good game if you were into bikes. It did have a good learning curve and took much longer to complete then TT. A casual gamer would have said its too hard and probably hated it. Bike nuts like me loved the selection of bikes. I would guess the lack of sales of RS caused RSII not to be released in the US. I sure hope that doesn't happen with a TT2.

http://ps2.ign.com/objects/480/480716.html

I love RS 1 and 2, number 2 is amazing (sorry to rub it in :P ) the amount of bikes on the game is incredible, and all of them you can modify to a race spec bike, i hope polyphony takes a leaf out of their book, and as you say, if you're not madly into bikes you'll hate it :D

Oh yeah... the modding was real nice. At the time it was very accurate to the performance of the bike. 330 bikes in RSII:drool: yeah...I am bent that it wasn't released here,🤬

Oh yeah... the modding was real nice. At the time it was very accurate to the performance of the bike. 330 bikes in RSII:drool: yeah...I am bent that it wasn't released here,🤬

RS2 was just the same, the peformance was real accurate, and when you stuck another modification on the bike, you can really tell the difference, even if its the most subtle of changes, i love the attention to detail in the game, just wish it had TT graphics :)

I think the current theory is that TT was a warm up for including bikes in the next Gran Turismo. As long as the bikes ride like bikes and the cars handle like cars, I'd be all for putting everything in one package.

I think the current theory is that TT was a warm up for including bikes in the next Gran Turismo. As long as the bikes ride like bikes and the cars handle like cars, I'd be all for putting everything in one package.

Back At the E3 expo of 06 we saw bikes in the HD demo for Gran Turismo, But have seen no evidence since then that they are going to include them in one package. I personally would like them to stay in separate games. Welcome to GTP BTW.

Back At the E3 expo of 06 we saw bikes in the HD demo for Gran Turismo, But have seen no evidence since then that they are going to include them in one package. I personally would like them to stay in separate games. Welcome to GTP BTW.

Thanks! So far I've been impressed with the quality of the posters over here. Uncommon on Internet message boards anymore.

Thanks! So far I've been impressed with the quality of the posters over here. Uncommon on Internet message boards anymore.

Agreed...GTP is the only site that I am a member of because of that very reason. It doesn't take long for spammers to be taken care of...
tombstone.gif
;)

I really hope they do make a TT sequel as it is my favorite racing sim right now (I like it better than GT4). It may not be super realistic but it is realistic enough for me and it is also alot of fun to play. Honestly I would be rather surprised if they didn't make a sequel. From what I understand it has sold reasonably well (especially overseas) and Polyphony doesn't tend to give up on franchises....

I think that something is moving also on the TT sequel side at PD.......something was sew at E3 with menu's screens with bikes.
I think that they will keep the two brands separate...but who knows?
For sure the development is on its way for TT sequel on PS3, elsewere what was the reason to show some material with bikes at the E3?

Someone thought to send all our suggestions for TT2 to PD so they maybe consider them?
I have it, it's really a good game, there are many good features and so many bikes.......the only lack is about the graphics......especially after saw something unbelievable like TT in action.

I was tempted to buy this game for a long while. But I thought it'd be a waste of money and I wouldn't see much new cause of GT4. I'm also used to driving with the DFP in GT4 and the idea of having to pick up the controller kept me wondering how much it would be of an experience.

Well it's freakin 10 times better than GT4. Much more alive. Every single car in GT4 feels dead somehow...and the replays look like eachother everytime. TT is absolutely not, finally some REAL action.
It's much more challenging as well. Not so much for the AI. But at least the ride itsself is difficult enough to keep it interesting.
Gosh this morning I was frustrated and thought I'd test out my concentration level. I get out my Duc 999R (race version) and go for a perfect lap around the Nurb in under 7 min.
Well thats just impossible, but then I tried a more realistic time of 7:30 minutes. It's just that the thing is so damn difficult to keep on the track lol, demands sooo much focuss.
It's the same reason why playing PES6 is so fun at extreme difficulty. Professional I think it's called. It's because you get punished immediatly when making a mistake. And though the AI doesn't punish you in TT, it's done very well by the ride itsself I guess lol.

They'd be stupid not to give it another go in a second version. There's more stuff that's got to change in GT4 then there is to TT in order to make it just a superb game.
It'd be the first beautifull motorcycle Sim as well, cus to be honest I think any other one looks like crap.

IGN
So, you're working with Polyphony, which made the motorcycle game Tourist Trophy. Any chance we'll get motorcycles and cars in GT5?
Yamauchi said that as of right now, they can put motorcycles and cars on the same track with the engine back in the office. However, that's not going to happen in a retail game anytime soon. The company wants to focus on Prologue, GT5 and GT for PSP. Beyond that, Yamauchi said he'd be open to taking the GT universe and the Tourist Trophy Universe and creating one game.

Its gonna be a loooooong time before we see a TT2 👎

I think they should keep them separate anyway. Bikes and cars on the same track might be fun for a laugh but that's about it.

Back