Something i can't understand...

• Thread starter Adam West
  • 3 comments
kind of.

I was showing Enthusia to two cousins of mine because they are into racing games and particularly GT4. They have dual DFP so the setup is there for some hardcore racing.

Since they're big Initial D fans i showed off Enthusia by going to the Dragon range with the MR-2. When i had one of them try the game out he was all over the place. He tried to drive it like GT4 and it took him over five minutes to finish of the course. At every turn he was spinning out because he kept going full throttle.

What i don't understand is why can these guys just approach cars in teh game as they would in real life. When would you go full throttle through a turn in real life? And the kicker s that these two guys have a modded Integra and a WXR, respectively. They know how to drive well but they can't get a clean lap with teh game.

Enthusia gets no respect i tell ya...

All my friends have the same problem.......I do a drift run on the DR and make it look easy then they want to give it a go so I take them to cosmic eggway with an easy car to drift and they are ALL over the place........I think it has to do with lack of feel. Most of real life driving is feeling the car through a turn and if you can't feel the wheelspin then it must not be happening......at least that's what they think. I learned to drift in video games before I learned to drift in real life so I've never had that problem.......and real life was a snap for me to learn too.

rsmithdrift
All my friends have the same problem.......I do a drift run on the DR and make it look easy then they want to give it a go so I take them to cosmic eggway with an easy car to drift and they are ALL over the place........I think it has to do with lack of feel. Most of real life driving is feeling the car through a turn and if you can't feel the wheelspin then it must not be happening......at least that's what they think. I learned to drift in video games before I learned to drift in real life so I've never had that problem.......and real life was a snap for me to learn too.

I'm the same way as you -- I learned how to drift in Live for Speed, and learned very quickly in the real world. My best friend is just like your friends, except he can drift with the DS2 just fine. It's when he tries to use the DFP that he has trouble.

Regardless of the fact that you're not getting feedback, there's no reason why anyone should feel compelled to drive ham-fistedly in Enthusia, unless they're just stupid and can't eliminate arcade-racer habits. You'd think that having extensive experience on a driving "sim" like GT4 would eliminate those habits, but I feel that it actually embraces and rewards them. Clarkson himself noticed that GT4 allows massive brake and throttle input changes mid-corner without any consequence.

Back