something very werid i noticed while online.

United States
Greensboro/NC/U
jarod336/GTP_torque
Paperorplastic/ manherollen
have you ever been driving, doing about maybe 30mph or a little more, then gently get nudged on the side of your car and get sent flying off the track? i have experimented with this. i was in bumper veiw at suzuka then was slighty nudged at the 1st turn and was sent flying into a wall. and i was only doing about the 40mph. was in a blue fully tuned honda integra type r. hit by my friend in a red ferarri f430 going about 30 mph even. as he said.(communicated by aim) but whats even more strange is i went from 30mph to 70mph.. either its a glitch or a bug but what ever it is P.D. needs to fix it. cause i cant even have a good race online with out getting sent into the wall by some idiot. or by some responsible drive who had a slight mishap.

also new to this site i look forward to racing with you all.

have you ever been driving, doing about maybe 30mph or a little more, then gently get nudged on the side of your car and get sent flying off the track? i have experimented with this. i was in bumper veiw at suzuka then was slighty nudged at the 1st turn and was sent flying into a wall. and i was only doing about the 40mph. was in a blue fully tuned honda integra type r. hit by my friend in a red ferarri f430 going about 30 mph even. as he said.(communicated by aim) but whats even more strange is i went from 30mph to 70mph.. either its a glitch or a bug but what ever it is P.D. needs to fix it. cause i cant even have a good race online with out getting sent into the wall by some idiot. or by some responsible drive who had a slight mishap.

also new to this site i look forward to racing with you all.

Ok, so you were going 40mph and you were hit by a vehicle going 30mph? 40+30 = 70mph, so that is correct physics, although it wouldnt be such a complete transfer of energy, its good enough keeping in mind you're probably estimating.
The only thing that would make it odd is whether you were travelling 30mph or 40mph? You change your facts half way through your post.

Ok, so you were going 40mph and you were hit by a vehicle going 30mph? 40+30 = 70mph, so that is correct physics, although it wouldnt be such a complete transfer of energy, its good enough keeping in mind you're probably estimating.
The only thing that would make it odd is whether you were travelling 30mph or 40mph? You change your facts half way through your post.

Sorry, but no... that is not how it works, the impact of the crash, even if it is a full transfer of energy, the original car would have to be going 70, the car that gets hit can only be accelerated to the same speed as the person that hits them, one other thing, the direction of the impact decides in which direction they will accelerate. :)

For Example: a car traveling at 10 mph that gets hit directly from behind by a car going 30 mph, the car in front can only be accelerated to 30 mph, because once it reaches that speed the car that did the hitting and the car that was traveling 10 mph are going the same speed; therefore, the first vehicle will stop accelerating unless the he starts to accelerate by stepping on the gas.

I've seen it happen I bairly touched a guy then saw him go flying in to the gravle like i never slowed for the turn? bug would be my guess it dosnt happen all the time

It has to do something with the car turning from ghost to solid form.
Don't know how it's exactly caused. both cars ghosts, only one, etc.

That makes sense to me... 💡 maybe it has do do with lag, where one guy is a ghost, and due to lag, he resolidifes inside the other guy, and it send him off flying! Who knows, either way it is something that probably can, and probably will get fixed...

Sorry, but no... that is not how it works, the impact of the crash, even if it is a full transfer of energy, the original car would have to be going 70, the car that gets hit can only be accelerated to the same speed as the person that hits them, one other thing, the direction of the impact decides in which direction they will accelerate. :)

For Example: a car traveling at 10 mph that gets hit directly from behind by a car going 30 mph, the car in front can only be accelerated to 30 mph, because once it reaches that speed the car that did the hitting and the car that was traveling 10 mph are going the same speed; therefore, the first vehicle will stop accelerating unless the he starts to accelerate by stepping on the gas.

Ah yeah, lol, well my A-level physics just failed me :nervous: Well, thanks for the correction :)

Ah yeah, lol, well my A-level physics just failed me :nervous: Well, thanks for the correction :)

Sorry if I seemed attack-ish, I didn't mean it like that. I was just saying; I am a Mechanical Engineer, so I just wanted to inform, not criticize. :)

LtiniusGt, your theory only works if the cars are the same weight, which they arent. But its approximate for this scenario anyway I guess.

True, but the weight difference is not significant enough to cause THAT much of a difference... Besides the point I was trying to make is that Ardius' theory was flawed... But, you are correct the weight difference would cause a change in my theory depending on which one was heavier...

It might be lag as others have said. However, I also noticed that bumping is more pronounced online than offline. If I bump a car offline from directly behind it will accelerate maybe about 5 MPH and gradually accelerate from there. I can then ride it's bumper around the track. But if I try the same thing online the car in front will shoot forward like it's being shot out of a cannon. Totally unrealistic.

Yeah, I was actually trying to emulate some of the nutjobs online by leaning against an AI car in S-class on a straight to push him into the grass and couldn't do it at all. The AI car barely moved and it really upset the balance of my car in the process.

Compare this with online where if you're leant on slightly on a straight you pretty much always end up on the grass and usually screwed for the next braking point.

If the online physics were more like the offline physics, I'm sure it would be much more enjoyable and far fewer "incidents".

It actually worked in my favour once. I spun out and had to accelerate from zero. As I was accelerating somebody came up and decided he did not need any evasive action. Within a split second I was up to speed again. :D

I've had a weird issue where my steering was just simply not there. It would happen mid turn and it would just cut out. It does not do it as frequently but its weird when it happens. It generally happens at Turn 1 at Suzuka none the less and only when playing online. I initially thought my controller was to blame, So I've cycled between the 3 controllers I have and it will still do it somtimes. Weird.

-Sam

I've had something very weird just now aswell. The first thing I saw after the loading screen was my car being hit by an other one, spinning a couple of times and then finally stopping at the side of the road in the grass. It didn't move anymore till all cars where past me.

If one car is going 40mph and the other car is going 30mph and both cars are going in the same direction the force of impact is at 10mph. Same synerio but the cars are approaching eachother head on the force of impact would be 70mph upon impact. If you want to factor total energy in either case you need to know all the variables to formulate a propper answer. I have the formulas...and yes I am a nerd. I love this game!! Racing is full of physics and variables.

Back