songs to drift to

• Thread starter nitro_2005
  • 103 comments
linkin par - faint

i heard it on some drift vid and whenever i hear it now, i think of drifting

but thats just me

I'm going to move this into the drifiting forum. You'll not find many drifters in the music forum.

And this will probably be the video with Faint on it.

I cant listen to music while i play GT :indiff:

Listening to the car and noises plays a big role in my ability to drive it to its full potential.

I lose concentration when I drift, but if I had to listen to music, I'd probably listen to Techno / Polish Rap (Yeah I'm Polish y0!) or heavy rock. Light music is for little 'ol gentle men ;)

BGM OFF, Like Fryz said the sound of the engine revs and the tires screaching is good enough for me. But when I do I listen to Something calming or someting fast. Rock, Tecno, Classical
-TD

i also like to have BGM off and listen to the car but i'lli usually have old and new school metal as well as some hardcore and rock on the comp playlist just loud enough so i can still concentrate.

Well, Junkie XL's Saturday teenage kick album. It reminds me of NFS2 and GT3. It's the best thing to listen to whilst racing. Some fast paced techno blastissimo. Nothin better than driftin' trial mountain in my nsx, listening to that. Well, except if I was really driftin' trial mountain. :drool: :scared: :crazy: :dopey:

I hate metal and rap while drifting. The metallica in fbi videos doesn't really fit. fast quiet stuff like drum n bass is good. tons of different electronica/techno/happy hardcore is what I've been listening to lately and thats good stuff to get you pumped up. I heard sweetness by jimmy eat world in a real drifting video and it was extremely cool so that goes well with drifting I think.

EspritRacer1122
Psychodelic hippie music, Modest mouse, British rock and System of a Down

Listen to HIM their from Edit: Finland... :crazy: Too much countries :grumpy:

Well since their all love/metal songs they don't match drifting.... per se but if you don't pat attention to the words the music it self is awesome.

SWAT2291
Listen to HIM their from Sweden.. I think lol :dopey:

Not a chance in hell... :crazy:

I have the BGM off and listen to all sorts of music when I drift/race... Drum & Bass, Jungle, Experimental, Metal, Classical, Soul, Blues, Hip Hop (no Rap garbage), Reggae, Classic Rock, Indy Rock, etc... Anything that involves real talent I can get behind... Anything cheesy, hoaky, poorly concieved, and/or completely unoriginal completely turns me off... I guess I tend to like something fast paced while I drift/race... Although I have been drifting lately to Vivaldi, Frou Frou, and even some Sigur Ros... It all depends on my mood at the time...

;)

revs and shed rubber... bgm off for me, though if I were to add music to my game I'm sure it'd be some pretty uptempo stuff like post/neo/skate/surf/punk or metal.. lagwagon, feeder/descendents/mighty mighty bosstones/old pennywise/etc...

For replays and videos it's another matter, I'll take about anything if it fits but I'm very much with DR on this.. it has to be good, and euro/dance/trance and j-pop is right out.

I'm a drum&bass producer myself, so obviously that comes naturally, but from what I've experienced not a lot of people here share my view on that.. and I'm not so sure about experimental and classical ;)

Greycap
Bingo. I should know. ;)

Ah yes thats what it was I was watching Jackass. The Gumball one and all the diff countrys I forgot which one it was.. Mybad :nervous:

Right after that we seen a Volvo and we started talking about my dad's old Volvo so yea. Got a bit mixed up :dunce:

Initial D 4th stage theme "dogfight" is nice, fits for drifting. but almost any music will do, especially country or such.. :lol:

Back