Songs you're tired of hearingMusic 

United States
The US of A
Whether it be a good song or a bad song, I am sure we all undoubtedly have had a few that we hear too often in various places and wish we didn't have to hear them as much as we do. Well, this is the thread to post about them!

Surprised nobody has made a thread like this already. 🤔

Whiskey Glasses by Morgan Wallen.

This song has been out for about 3 years now and while some songs from back then don't get heard much anymore, theirs something about this one that radio stations just absolutely love about it, and I never really understood it. Despite the song being a few years old, you would think it just became a hit with how often they played it. Ever since it came out, it's been played to death on the radio, and prior to him saying that racial slur, I think I heard it every hour, sometimes more than once. While I hate all that drama with him saying that racial slur is even a thing, I will admit, I was actually glad they took his music off the radio since it meant I wouldn't have to hear this a million times a day anymore. However, his music is starting to creep back up onto the radio again and while I don't hear this as much as I used to, they're still playing it rather frequently anyways. :ouch:

Now I don't dislike Morgan Wallen, I don't dislike this song, and I couldn't care much less what he does outside of his music, but I have gotten so tired of hearing this song so dang much and I really wish radio stations would just give it a rest already. In my opinion, the song may not be terrible, but it's not very remarkable either and it certainly isn't his best, yet it's one of the most overplayed.

Black pink - Ice cream. Absolutely horrible song indeed.
Gasp.

20210806_152242.png

Maybe we need a thread for songs you're tired of hearing about.

We don't.

Just the Way by Parmalee and Blanco Brown

Used to like this song a lot and while I don't dislike it now, it's a lot like the aforementioned "Whiskey Glasses" and arguably even worse. Despite it being over a year old now, I still cannot go for a ride with my family without hearing it at least once and I swear every country station plays it like every other hour. I get it's a good song, but my local radio stations have overplayed it to the point I don't really enjoy listening to it anymore and much like "Whiskey Glasses", they really need to give this one a rest as well.

Last edited:

I don't even use Tik Tok or Instagram, but my family does and I hear this song a lot, most notably in cat-related videos. I really am not a fan of hearing vocals pitched this high and I certainly don't fancy hearing them constantly. Why they use this one so much, I don't even know, but I really wish they'd pick something else already.

Mostly hear this from the Applebees commericial but now I'm hearing it blasted from squated trucks...

Sweet Caroline has been overplayed into the ground this year and it needs to be left in 2021 and never played again. The intro is so nondescript that I still don't know it's that song until the chorus - the only bit other people know - and it's so boring. Completely takes away from the charm of other singalong songs like 3 Lions, Mr Brightside, Hey Jude, Bohemian Rhapsody etc.

I hear this one on one of my local radio stations somewhat often and it's not uncommon to hear my dad playing it on Pandora. Don't get me wrong, I like the song and I'm not too terribly tired of it, but I do wish they would just pick something else from him instead of playing this every chance they get.

Last edited:
Young dudes are killing me with this. I put my headphones in when these come on.

I can feel my eye twitching, just posting this mess.

Jason Aldean & Carrie Underwood - If I Didn't Love You

Love Jason Aldean and although he doesn't typically get overplayed much compared to other artists, I am getting a little tired of hearing this song so often. I used to like this song more, but now that feeling is starting to wear off a bit due to how often I hear it.

Jason Aldean - Girl Like You

Although this one appears to be on its way out now, this one got played quite a bit on the radio and might just be the most overplayed song he's done yet. Much like the other one, I used to like this one a lot, but it also has become one I don't enjoy as much anymore simply because it got played way too much. It's not even one of his best either in my opinion so I don't understand why this one took the cake of all things, especially since the album it's on had several songs that sounded WAY better, but somehow didn't become hits. 🤔

I mean, come on guys, Jason Aldean has had plenty of good releases, can we find something else to play instead of these for once?

Last edited:
Dustin Lynch and Lauren Alaina - Thinking 'Bout You

I used to like this song a lot when it came out and although I think they've slowed down a little as of recent, I've heard this one so many times now, it's kind of lost its meaning to me.

Firstly, I don't like the title, the language he uses in this song seems a bit out of character for him and I generally am just not a fan of this one. If anything I find it kind of disappointing coming from him and think it's a step back from every other hit he's ever had. However, it's getting played quite a bit lately, too much I might add and I can't say I'm thrilled about it.

While this one appears to be on its way out now, I've heard this so many times, I am ready for stations to move on from it already.

Now this one however is a different story. I think it's currently the one I am most tired of right now. It's become another one of those I hear a bit too frequently and it doesn't help that my father at one point was constantly playing it. Safe to say he's back I guess. 😂 Hopefully he'll come out with something better soon.

Last edited:

Okay, I am going to try to refrain from posting about Morgan Wallen again after this, but this guy is all over the radio these days and while he has a number of other songs out there, these three have been played the most recently. I think that first one might finally be on its way out now, but it's been played to death at this point and I still hear it some now. Not crazy about the hip-hop beats used on the track and what he says at the very beginning annoys for me some reason and I am ready for them to finally move on from it. As for "Last Night" and “Thought You Should Know”, my response to them is fairly similar. Morgan Wallen is not a bad artist, but he's certainly not good enough to justify his dominance in country music and I'll be glad when he eventually falls off and becomes less relevant.

Okay, this is pretty old now, but I still don't care to hear it much. Right off the bat, I've never cared for Lady Antebellum, and the chorus to this song kind of annoys me. Instead of saying "It's a quarter after one" each time, they could have changed the time they mention to make it a bit more interesting, but no, they just keep saying the same time throughout the song and it feels so repetitive. Lastly, this was played so much when it was new, I got pretty tired of it and that feeling never exactly went away because I still hear it some even now. It's not horrendously overplayed like the 2 I posted above, but it's one I wouldn't miss too much if it wasn't played anymore.

Not only am I not too big on Cole Swindell as an artist, but I never was a huge fan of the very song he's referencing here and I am not too impressed with this song either, especially since he's borrows from the former a bit too much. It's not bad, but it's just cheesy and while not as bad as "90's Country" by Walker Hayes, I think it tries a bit too hard to pander to the 90's country crowd, and this is coming from someone who grew up in that time period. The remix featuring Jo Dee Messina doesn't really do much better either. This song is about as overplayed as the first 3 I posted, but fortunately, Cole Swindell has a new song out now and I'm hoping this one will finally fade away soon.

Last edited:
Back