Sony and Fanatec charging $€120 for the word Pro it seems

• Thread starter the_D_
  • 20 comments
Scotland
Scotland
the-D-
So, It's been stated that the only difference between the CSL DD and the CSL DD Pro is cosmetic only, as in the shape and the blue ring adorning the rear of the base unit. However, by adding the word 'Pro', the Playstation (for the players) base unit with the bargain 8nm boost kit, (pardon my sledgehammer sarcasm subtlety) it's now 20% more than the non 'Pro' equivalent. How's that for comparing apples to apples. This totally grinds my gears. Overly sensitive on my part you think? after all, I don't need to buy it right? :irked:

I've been waiting on more info on this.

The Fanatic dude said in the intro video that it was different and coming from him you'd expect it'd have to be more than just cosmetics in order for him to feel legit in saying that.

Subscribed.

I've been waiting on more info on this.

The Fanatic dude said in the intro video that it was different and coming from him you'd expect it'd have to be more than just cosmetics in order for him to feel legit in saying that.

Subscribed.
Every Youtube influencer who has had the privilege of testing/reviewing it, all say that its exactly the same in everything but appearance, but what do they know :lol: I'll need to look at that intro video again, see if there's anything in there, subliminal or otherwise.

Yeah, I really like him and watched his review earlier after you mentioned what you did. He seemed quite-impressed, and coming from him that's high praise indeed.

It's all about bang for buck, the ecosystem and upgrade path for an entry-level DD system.

Last edited:
So, It's been stated that the only difference between the CSL DD and the CSL DD Pro is cosmetic only, as in the shape and the blue ring adorning the rear of the base unit. However, by adding the word 'Pro', the Playstation (for the players) base unit with the bargain 8nm boost kit, (pardon my sledgehammer sarcasm subtlety) it's now 20% more than the non 'Pro' equivalent. How's that for comparing apples to apples. This totally grinds my gears. Overly sensitive on my part you think? after all, I don't need to buy it right? :irked:
Did they give a price for just the DD PRO base itself?

CSL DD is $350
Pedals are $80
Clamp is $30
That's $460 without a steering wheel and a $240 difference between DD PRO which includes a wheel. Is the wheel only worth $120 in your opinion?

I don’t understand this thread, or I am missing something critical to understanding it. I don’t think there is such a product “CSL DD Pro” is there? Are you referring to the GT DD Pro?

The CSL DD (8Nm) is listed for $480 USD, which includes just the wheel base and 8Nm boost kit.

The GT DD Pro (8Nm) is listed for $850 USD, which includes the wheel base, 8Nm boost kit, pedals ($80 separately), and table clamp ($30), and the Gran Turismo wheel. That implies the wheel makes up the final $260 of the cost difference ($850 - $480 - $80 - $30) when compared to buying the CSL DD + pedals + clamps standalone.

Fanatec doesn’t look to sell the Gran Turismo wheel standalone, but considering similar wheels from Fanatec are $300-$400 USD, the GT DD Pro kit in my opinion looks like a bit of a bargain, and a very good option indeed for anyone trying to be seriously competitive in Gran Turismo.

I don’t understand this thread, or I am missing something critical to understanding it. I don’t think there is such a product “CSL DD Pro” is there? Are you referring to the GT DD Pro?

The CSL DD (8Nm) is listed for $480 USD, which includes just the wheel base and 8Nm boost kit.

The GT DD Pro (8Nm) is listed for $850 USD, which includes the wheel base, 8Nm boost kit, pedals ($80 separately), and table clamp ($30), and the Gran Turismo wheel. That implies the wheel makes up the final $260 of the cost difference ($850 - $480 - $80 - $30) when compared to buying the CSL DD + pedals + clamps standalone.

Fanatec doesn’t look to sell the Gran Turismo wheel standalone, but considering similar wheels from Fanatec are $300-$400 USD, the GT DD Pro kit in my opinion looks like a bit of a bargain, and a very good option indeed for anyone trying to be seriously competitive in Gran Turismo.
As I said previously, comparing apples to apples,...the base with the 8nm power pack has $€120 difference, regardless of name, it comes with no wheel, doesn't seem all that difficult to understand, but maybe that's a generous assumption.

Can you link to the product listing to the GT DD Pro that is sold without a steering wheel? I can’t seem to find any such product on the Fanatec website. Maybe it simply is not available in the USA.

Someone give me a crayons so I can write them a check.

Can you link to the product listing to the GT DD Pro that is sold without a steering wheel? I can’t seem to find any such product on the Fanatec website. Maybe it simply is not available in the USA.
It is not available as a standalone product yet. Fanatec is awaiting Sonys aproval. Fanatec has communicated that it is very likley that it will happen and also what the price will be.

Back