Sony announces PS2 online in August

• Thread starter Tank
  • 12 comments
PS2 is going online in August,according to Sony. The 'network adapter' modem will cost $39.99. There will be no subscription cost to play games online. Beta testing begins this month. One game being tested is Twisted Metal Black so it looks like that will be one of the first online games. See http://ps2.ign.com

I wonder if that is the same network adapter that comes with the Linux distribution - or at least the one with the Linux distro be compatible with the games. If so, the Linux package is looking better and better (:

~LoudMusic

Cool beans:)

I don't know about the linux one though, I would guess it would be the same adaptor (you are talking about what we would call a Ethernet/NIC/Lan card for a computer, correct?)

OT: When do i get to order my matching Linux powered toaster and blender? seems like you can get everything to run linux:)

Originally posted by space
Cool beans:)

I don't know about the linux one though, I would guess it would be the same adaptor (you are talking about what we would call a Ethernet/NIC/Lan card for a computer, correct?)

OT: When do i get to order my matching Linux powered toaster and blender? seems like you can get everything to run linux:)

Yeah, my assumption is that it's either an Intel, Xircom, or 3Com USB adaptor that Sony has rebranded with the PS2 logo and black plastic (:

Linux everywhere? Just about my friend, just about. A quick Google search reveals: http://www.riverdale.k12.or.us/linux/toaster/

Have fun!

~LoudMusic

What a hoot:D

Too bad it actually isnt run by Linux.

Ahhh, the wonders of the internet never cease to amaze me

:D

I got denied by Sony yesterday about beta testing the modem... anyone else testing it?

*thinking about starting a new thread and about the person that started this way of typing thoughts*

is it certain that they will make deals with british companies such as btworld and telewest to go online nobody has confirmed anything like that If they do my telewest will be ready for it

what about the hdd? i heard about that and here are some pics
hdd01.jpg

hdd02.jpg

hdd03.jpg

hdd04.jpg

hdd07.jpg

hdd10.jpg

Back