Sony Apologizes for PlayStation 5 Pre-Order Mess, More Consoles Coming Soon

Gamestop will be opening up online at 8 am, (I assume PT) and 12 pm in stores.

Edit: Just took a quick look at the local ones here.
Line at one, Other one is no line but cannot confirm if they are waiting at a different place to get there quicker.

Looks like a quick try online but I think the bots will get them.

Last edited:
Managed to get one this time:

upload_2020-9-25_12-3-40.png

Though the order kept falling over at every conceivable point, and had me with two of them (despite one per customer) at one point.

Well a quick update on the UK situation but Game UK appear to still be out of stock for the console (digital and disc) on it's own but are still allowing people to order deals with accessories so not quite sure how that works as that might create a few problems for supply later!

One thing I just realised though, there seems to be no order possible for the Dual Sense Charging Station yet, am I missing something as would like to get that as so much easier than cables!

Gamestop will be opening up online at 8 am, (I assume PT) and 12 pm in stores.

Edit: Just took a quick look at the local ones here.
Line at one, Other one is no line but cannot confirm if they are waiting at a different place to get there quicker.

Looks like a quick try online but I think the bots will get them.
People lining up at the store from since 4:34am or before? Whoa.

People lining up at the store from since 4:34am or before? Whoa.

Yup.
Tent out at one of the stores.
Chairs and blanket at the other.
:banghead:
Given a total of 8 between both stores is a big ugh.
Guess I will try the online one.

Edit:
Tried the mall route and decided to take the back door to get in and guess what.
First in line.
The ones that were waiting had to wait until exactly 8 am, I was sitting and waiting by 7:55 am :lol:

Last edited:
I got the email invite from Sony yesterday with a unique link to queue up and order one. It was to open at Friday the 25th at 1PM EST/10AM PST but was delayed about an hour and a half from technical issues. In the end I successfully ordered the digital, and additional controller, and the charging base directly from Sony for day one delivery.

Back