Sony Confirms Second Generation of PSVR for PlayStation 5

same here (after skipping the first order period) - maybe demand wasn't as high as they thought if they still have units available
In Poland we don't have PS Direct and preorders for PSVR2 are handled by bigger shops and there are still PSVR2 available.

Doesn't seem to be any overwhelming demand for preorders. I had forgotten about my invite, and when I remembered that evening I clicked the link and easily pre-ordered.

It's nice that we don't get charged until the order is shipped, so I am sure we will know by then if/how much GT7 is supported. If it's anything less than 100% I will cancel the pre-order. I already have a Rift S to have fun with the family on PC. No reason right now to spend $550 on another headset if GT7 is not supported, or lacking in implementation.

FkbIBmbXkAAkV3R.jpg

They've announced games at that show previously, so hopefully some news this time round (and not just a rehash of what we already know).

Some very good games coming. Personally won't be getting at launch, may wait for the first revision to iron out any kinks (plus I don't really have the space at the moment) but will be a definite buy at some point. Still hoping for a Blood & Truth port, sequel unlikely with the devs moving on to a new flat IP.

From other thread.

Since GRID LEGENDS is getting Oculus Quest support (even without PC) i guess this is absolutely possible to make it work on PSVR2 for PS5? It would be awesome I hope they will do it.

It leads me to a question I've been wanting to ask... Can someone buy a different VR headset and still play GT7 in VR?
no.
PS5 only supports PSVR2 and it is unlikely to change.

EDIT. It seems that PSVR2 will be getting first "Flight game" soon. Project Wingman was listed on german Playstation blog as PSVR2 game. It will be great game to wait for Ace Combat :D

Last edited:
W.A.S.T.E. OF M.O.N.E.Y.

I only bought a PS5 for Gran Turismo 7 and I’ve preordered the PSVR 2 only for Gran Turismo 7.
Im sure I’ll pick up 1 or 2 other VR games along the way but for me being able to experience all these different cars and tracks as if I was actually in them is going to be worth every penny of my hard earned money.

Life can be tough sometimes and a little escapism now and again never hurt anyone.

Sure it’s a lot of money but if the hardware lasts for the life of the PS5 which I’m sure it will I’m going to get many many hours of enjoyment out of it.

GT Sport and PSVR is the only time I ever tried VR and it blew me away so this is going to be on another level.

I’ll never forget the amazing leap in fidelity when my mate let me try his copy of Gran Turismo 3 Aspec back in the day and based on the reviews I’m expecting a similar feeling when my PSVR2 arrives next week.

I haven’t got it yet but I already know I haven’t wasted my money.

I’ll never forget the amazing leap in fidelity when my mate let me try his copy of Gran Turismo 3 Aspec back in the day and based on the reviews I’m expecting a similar feeling when my PSVR2 arrives next week.
I had the same feeling when I first played GT3, just don't get those feelings anymore in gaming personally.

Back on the topic I would say GT7 is pretty much made for VR, with such great graphics and such a big list of cars you could spend dozens of hours just admiring interiors of the highest quality.

I only bought a PS5 for Gran Turismo 7 and I’ve preordered the PSVR 2 only for Gran Turismo 7.
Im sure I’ll pick up 1 or 2 other VR games along the way but for me being able to experience all these different cars and tracks as if I was actually in them is going to be worth every penny of my hard earned money.

Life can be tough sometimes and a little escapism now and again never hurt anyone.

Sure it’s a lot of money but if the hardware lasts for the life of the PS5 which I’m sure it will I’m going to get many many hours of enjoyment out of it.

GT Sport and PSVR is the only time I ever tried VR and it blew me away so this is going to be on another level.

I haven’t got it yet but I already know I haven’t wasted my money.
I’m similar to you. I picked up a PS5 mainly for GT7.

Now I have an issue with my optic nerve for my right eye, so I can’t see 3D on screens or VR.

However I’m going to test my old mans PSVR2 with GT7 when it arrives and if I like it, ill be picking one up with a wheel and rig.

I had the same feeling when I first played GT3, just don't get those feelings anymore in gaming personally.

Back on the topic I would say GT7 is pretty much made for VR, with such great graphics and such a big list of cars you could spend dozens of hours just admiring interiors of the highest quality.

I suspect many of us who saw the leap from 16bit to PS1 through to today will not even have that feeling anymore if the next leap is indistinguishable from real life. Well unless that leap is made in VR maybe.

That state of play was dire.

Back