Sony Drops Another Hint at Gran Turismo 7 Release Date, But It's Still TBC

2021 is almost certainly the current target, as with all currently announced first party titles. When in that year it's planned and if they manage to hit that target is however still the big question. PD and initial targets have not gone together well historically.

Not giving a release date is a good idea because they don't have to announce a delay. Delays are a massive turn off and can only cause disinterest to most fans.
I like the release date even with a possible delay. It serves to have an idea of how close - or how far - we are from the launch.

Well, it looks like they are going to sell all the PS5's they are capable of producing this year anyway, so there's no real rush to release GT7, even if it was going to be ready in the next 6 weeks. My money would be on a spring release, when they will gladly use GT7 as an added incentive to get the PS5.

If I'm not mistaken, that would coincide with the GT Sport scheduling, correct?

Well I think this can be seen as the new way of PD doing info drops for GT7 getting Sony to do the marketing work by updating the
PlayStation website or more teases on Twitter etc.

No release date is still in some ways good news, I do still firmly believe they are going to pull a surprise card on GT7 but let's see how the updates/news articles progress as PS5 gets closer...

I don't see this as a release date hint, it's just a mention of a feature of the PS5 that a very popular PS esxclusive game will take advantage of. As the article mentions, a few of the games listed are TBA release dates. GT7 is not the only one and so there's nothing unusual in it's inclusion amongst those games.

I think we'll start getting more GT7 news in the months after the PS5 has launched. It makes sense to focus most attention on launch and early post launch games leading up to and for a short period after the consoles launch.

I don't see this as a release date hint, it's just a mention of a feature of the PS5 that a very popular PS esxclusive game will take advantage of. As the article mentions, a few of the games listed are TBA release dates. GT7 is not the only one and so there's nothing unusual in it's inclusion amongst those games.

I think we'll start getting more GT7 news in the months after the PS5 has launched. It makes sense to focus most attention on launch and early post launch games leading up to and for a short period after the consoles launch.

I agree totally. I think the article is basically a "name dropping" exercise.

There is as much a chance of this being a launch title as there is something Trump something Biden something something.

PD Sony has learned from the past when PD Sony announced release dates of the GT games. Sadly enough PD Sony always had to delay the release of its GT games. I remember that one GT game, and I believe it was GT4, was delayed for almost 1 year.

Not giving a release date yet is a smart move.

I don't see this as a release date hint, it's just a mention of a feature of the PS5 that a very popular PS esxclusive game will take advantage of. As the article mentions, a few of the games listed are TBA release dates. GT7 is not the only one and so there's nothing unusual in it's inclusion amongst those games
My thoughts exactly.

Oh cool. Congrats on the wife coming back.
:lol:
Oh no... Does this mean I have to email Kaz and ask him to delay the release.

I'm all honesty, based on past form I don't this being out before this time next year.

Huge if true. Sony will have an even better head start than MS.
They better announce some really good games soon.

Last edited:
Back