Sony Explores Bringing PlayStation Exclusives (like Gran Turismo) to PC

GTS spec 3.0 on pc would be cool and/or GT7 9-18 months after its release on ps5, might actually be a smart choice and add to the player base later into its release cycle. Keeping the game relevant for years.

Especially if the physics were good enough to give I-racing a run for its money in the more professional competitive online space. As well as constant updates like gts got.

This would be a good move and probably the only way that would even consider purchasing the next GT game. I moved to PC gaming, so either Forza or GT could be a consideration for very casual arcade racing / photo mode. If only the next GT could have all car models from the past plus a lot of car models in the GT sport muesuem photos/clips etc.

I could see something like GT being more then just a game especially on PC. Imagine being able to go directly to car manufactures web site, major race organizations web sites, major real used car dealerships etc. Heck even major after market parts suppliers. Think outside the box.

With that being said spending mindless laps on another GT games is very remote chance for me.

GT4, GT6 car content except more focused on wide variety of race car classes with Project Cars 2 building block would be nice. I could car less about PC3 as they have trashed the project cars series.

If Forza can find an expanded audience on PC, then there's no reason GT can't. If Sony follows through from Horizon Zero Dawn, then they could be on to a gold mine if they start selling first party titles on Steam and not their own dedicated launcher.

It will be very weird to see a Gran Turismo coming on PC
Also, I don't think this is a clever move from Sony to do this; some won't buy a console and just wait the PC release
Considering that consoles are usually sold at a loss for it's initial launch, and the money really comes from the games, I don't really see the issue. They'd likely make more off an expanded audience for their exclusives than waiting to turn around a profit for consoles.

Due to my extremely limited interest when it comes to games most of Sony's praised first-party exclusives are the least bit interesting to me with one glaring example: Gran Turismo. I'm all for a PC release. I have my 360, PS3 and Xbox One from 2013 hooked up and used, right now I don't see myself buying another console from either MS or Sony.

I think there are good reasons for GT to come to PC. The only game that offers what GT offers, on PC, would be Forza, and even then there are a couple of quirks that are exclusive to GT. I think it would do quite well.

I'd like to try that mouse cursor interface of GT with an actual mouse and keyboard. Something tells me it would work better.

Finally, I'm not worried for the future of the Playstation console. Console players want certain things and PC players want others. The markets for both will continue to exist. As for the lack of exclusives killing the Playstation, well... it isn't much of a good piece of hardware if the only way to convince people to get it, is with software.

This is nothing new.

Sony’s policy is to bring some older titles to PC. In order to generate interest for the sequel. Be it on PS5, PS6 etc. They’ll also bring some multiplayer titles to PC like Predator Hunting Grounds.

The focus of the Sony report is to expand their exclusive content and expand WWS. In order to drive more console sales and PSN subscriptions.

As for the lack of exclusives killing the Playstation, well... it isn't much of a good piece of hardware if the only way to convince people to get it, is with software.
Hardware is nothing without software. Much of the high end PC community is only interested in specs & benchmarking. But as we see with Steam surveys. The average gaming PC in use today is less powerful than the PS4. Nevermind PS5.

Of course, consoles are also built to a price point. Due to the tens of millions of units produced. They will always outperform a similar price PC.

Last edited:
There's a whole load of new PC processors and graphics cards coming out soon, so the current high spec stuff that can do real time ray tracing etc. now won't be the latest thing soon, likely making the PC prices more accessible. It's likely people with older cards and processors may need to upgrade to get the best from these games, but there's no saying how much lowering settings and disabling certain effects will improve performance on an older or lesser specced machine allowing people to still play them albeit not at 4k with RTR etc.

I'm all for this move if it happens.

Hardware is noting without software.

Only in the most strict sense of the phrase. Hardware without an OS is just a bunch of parts, without much use for the average person. But when I say 'hardware', I mean the Playstation system as a whole, including its OS.

Basically, if I'm buying a PS4 because I want to play GT Sport, and can't play it elsewhere, then what sold me was the game, not the console. Polyphony, not Sony (the hardware company), sold me a PS.
If Sony can't move their system on its own merit, like having better specs, better user interface etc, then they've failed as a console manufacturer.

EDIT: The true test of the quality of a system is when it is picked as the platform of choice to play a multi-platform title. Then you know you've made a good machine.

Hardware is nothing without software. Much of the high end PC community is only interested in specs & benchmarking. But as we see with Steam surveys. The average gaming PC in use today is less powerful than the PS4. Nevermind PS5.

Of course, consoles are also built to a price point. Due to the tens of millions of units produced. They will always outperform a similar price PC.
Can't comment on what the "high end pc community" is into, but the most common GPU in the current Steam survey (GTX 1060) is significantly more powerful than the GPU in the PS4 Pro, and the vast majority have significantly faster CPUs, so it's hard to say the "average" pc is slower. I will agree The PS5 is an incredible bargain for the specs it has, though.

Much of the high end PC community is only interested in specs & benchmarking. But as we see with Steam surveys. The average gaming PC in use today is less powerful than the PS4. Nevermind PS5.

wut?

Excellent. Although I personally am not all that savvy with computers and will stick with dedicated gaming hardware for the foreseeable future I have never understood why some fans of platform-exclusive franchises go ballistic when you consider making their favourite game available to a wider audience. Once you get past the childish fanboying over your favourite console there's almost only upsides to it. You can already play hundreds of Playstation games on PC via PS Now. With the spread of high speed broadband internet physical gaming hardware will become less and less important moving forward, though most areas in the world are nowhere near there yet.

Perhaps one day we'll even have all the Pokemon games on Playstation with trophy support, who knows? I know it's more likely that hell freezes over but come on now, our dreams is what keeps us going right? :P

Seriously??? My above average rig is more than likely faster at this moment than the PS5 ever will.

Seriously??? My above average rig is more than likely faster at this moment than the PS5 ever will.

While the PC market is ever changing. Currently only 3-4% of PC gamers are using 2060-2080 level cards. Which are comparable to PS5’s GPU. That’s without factoring in CPU’s, SSD’s, and other customisations, which are essential to eliminating bottlenecks. Dedicated games machines always punch above their weight.

https://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/Steam-Hardware-Software-Survey-Welcome-to-Steam

Console gaming raises the baseline for game development. Current gen games are being designed around 7+ year old hardware. When PS5 hits the market top end PC’s will outperform it. At least on paper. But it will take many years for the bulk of the PC gaming community to get anywhere near next-gen console performance levels.

I say all that as someone who is taking tentative steps to get a new PC (work, media, gaming) at the end of the year. New-gen GPU’s & CPU’s should give me much more bang for my money. But with a budget of £500, I know I won’t be able to match, the gaming performance of the PS5.

Last edited:
This is the best rumor I've heard this year and it really made my day. I surely hope it happens. Microsoft did it and I don't see how that has hurt their sales. If anything it gives us who have moved on from consoles into PC and chance to play our favorite Sony exclusives once again. I say BRING IT! My PC is ready.

If Sony wants to see the hybrids all over the online section of the game, sure, be my guest.

Is not like the PS3 stopped that from happening back in the day.

Plenty of security on the PC environment to avoid it. This kind of thing rarely slips by in most high profile titles. Some games will insta-Vac Ban you if you even have a mildly suspicious program running in the background, let alone modding the game to give you an advantage online.

Back