Sony Explores Bringing PlayStation Exclusives (like Gran Turismo) to PC

I'm thinking of Polyphony Digital, they are very protective with their game. And I'm not sure they want to see the game on PC

I'm thinking of Polyphony Digital also & imagine how far they could push their graphics on a PC.

I'm thinking of Polyphony Digital also & imagine how far they could push their graphics on a PC.

Kaz be like:

Unlimited_Power_Banner.jpg

GT graphics with Nvidia 3090 or top end AMD GPUs is mouth watering. 4K/120hz+, maybe 21:9 support, max reflection and shadow resolution, better lod scaling, graphics options, and expanded wheel support... maaaaaan. Whew.

I would support this if they allow mods if not its pointless.
I highly doubt that if Gran Turismo were on PC, there would be mod support. On every single Forza on PC, it is very much illegal to do any form of modding.

I hope so. I no longer have enough free time for gaming, so I' m not sure I'm going to buy a new console, but I'll buy Gran Turismo on Pc if it will ever happen. Hopefully with decent AI.

Remember it, Sony. PlayStation has saved your life. Any mistake you ever make, perhaps you will be history in near future, just like other Japanese manufacturers.

Not sure I fully agree with moving console first party titles over to the PC as well but I do see both sides of the coin.

There is no denying that PC gaming seems to be on the "up" compared to consoles as the moment since Sega also recently reported good sales for PC titles so I imagine if they are willing to learn the PC platform skills and develop the game for PC PD would release on the format.

That said some people will be triggered at the prospect of Gran Turismo being something other than a PS4 exclusive game, I don't have any problem with this aspect but I would never consider a PC for gaming again as I lack the knowledge and experience there of running games well.

As long as releasing on PC does not mean going down the route of PC only it seems a good way for Sony to increase it's overall results.

If I remember correctly it was reported on this website that Sony may not make another PlayStation.

If that is true, then this is the first step.

Really, it doesn't surprise me. However, I buy consoles so that the chance of having to upgrade JUST to play a new version of a game is lessened.

So....

I'm not really happy either way.

But I would LOVE to see what can be done with a PC game!

Thank you! Yes, I wish people would look more into PC's. The benefits heavily outweigh their negatives, which aren't really many, other than they can cost a lot of money and the infinitely intimidating selection of parts, if you are still not too familiar with the PC market.
Not aimed at you specifically Husky GT, but for the attitude of many PC gamers. I love how for some people cost isn't that much of a problem, fastest GPU, £50 controller! Pah, nothing. Good luck to them. :rolleyes:

To get something of the power of the PS5 and XBox Series X would not be cheap. If the SSD performance of these consoles is so new and cutting edge, than you can throw a bit more money on top of a PC to match what these consoles can to. What would be the min spec to run GT7 to the same standard as a PS5 atm. I've just had a quick look to see what is considered equivalent to the PS5 and getting mostly 5700XT or a RTX 2070. And that won't be confirmed until they both hit the shelves. I'm seeing about £360 for each card, and add to that CPU, RAM, SSD Case, PSU, and suddenly the consoles don't look too bad VFM. Yes, the consoles are a fixed spec, and PC's will continue to get faster, though with more money as time went on, but the flip side should be a stable system that will be better optimised games to those specs on the console, and no hardware to update as PC games need higher and higher minimum specs.

Other downsides to PC gaming, most PC's are in a box a lot larger than a console, though these two new consoles are quite large compared to previous generations, :eek: small PC's cost money, and to get performance in a small package may not be possible, not cheaply anyway. Some people may not want a PC in a living room. I live alone and am fine with it, but I know of some people were that just would not happen.

PC land is not a bed of roses other than just money. Win 10 updates seemingly every five minutes, the chance of one of those updates damaging the computer, as a recent Win 10 update did for some. Graphics card updates, added on top of the inevitable game updates. Yes the consoles get updates, and games on consoles get updates, but the updates are for one system with a standard specification, and should hopefully happen less often, and less likely for mistakes when not having to take into account 100+ graphics cards, 30+ CPU's, and having to make it all work on systems that may even be on older Operating Systems.

The main selling point of the console is the simplicity, which those of us with some computer knowledge overlook. For someone who may buy consoles for gaming, but is not computer literate, you are expecting a lot from those who may be not want to go beyond buying a console, connecting the HDMI, putting a disc in a machine, waiting for it to load, maybe update, and play. ;)
I would support this if they allow mods if not its pointless.
The thought of PD allowing mods on a GT game! :lol:
I'm not sure I could see Kaz being enthusiastic about someone's underpowered 5+ year old PC chugging away to barely play a game and looking awful. Cutting edge graphics are a nice thing, but only for a very small niche number of users, and how much would the top graphics card be compared to the whole console! 2x, 3x! And that is not counting the rest of the computer's cost.

I think people with the top of the range graphics card/systems are struggling to run M$ Flight Simulator 2020 at 30fps from a few reviews I have seen. But that will get better as faster when new Graphics card come out people will say, yes, at extra cost. And how many will actually see that game at its best for a few years, if ever! That's what happens when you really push the boundaries, and plan for years of the lifespan of a game. With the console, everyone gets pretty much the same experience, and the game gets better for everyone with updates, with the screen/TV you plug it into being the major factor on the performance/look of the game.

There may be certain games that Sony could port to PC, but I don't think GT is one of them, not until they get out of the console business anyway.

Not sure I fully agree with moving console first party titles over to the PC as well but I do see both sides of the coin.

There is no denying that PC gaming seems to be on the "up" compared to consoles as the moment since Sega also recently reported good sales for PC titles so I imagine if they are willing to learn the PC platform skills and develop the game for PC PD would release on the format.

That said some people will be triggered at the prospect of Gran Turismo being something other than a PS4 exclusive game, I don't have any problem with this aspect but I would never consider a PC for gaming again as I lack the knowledge and experience there of running games well.

As long as releasing on PC does not mean going down the route of PC only it seems a good way for Sony to increase it's overall results.

Don't forget that there are millions cheaters in PC online gaming, and I don't do online with it. Well if Sony is already tired making console and moving to only develop games as they also make movies it is up to them eventhough it will be a big disappointment.

Remember it, Sony. PlayStation has saved your life. Any mistake you ever make, perhaps you will be history in near future, just like other Japanese manufacturers.

If I remember correctly it was reported on this website that Sony may not make another PlayStation.

If that is true, then this is the first step.

Really, it doesn't surprise me. However, I buy consoles so that the chance of having to upgrade JUST to play a new version of a game is lessened.

So....

I'm not really happy either way.

But I would LOVE to see what can be done with a PC game!
I'm afraid PS5 will be the Sony's Dreamcast lol

Theres only one concern i have when it comes to triple AAA exclusives from sony start to come to pc, GT have a unique feel and look and for shure PD had to change that, in PC playing forza or any other racing game games look or feel slightly diference from each other but dont look or feel unique thats something GT have over the other racing games, is just more polished and have the attention to small details, i´m not talking about physics..
The scalability needed on textures and other aspects that a pc version will need for shure will hurt the development and unique feel and polishment sony exclusives have nowadays.

But ho knows.., things change overtime but from what they are showing us consoles will have unique hardware and still have no ram like pcs.., and a big change in I/O and SSD capabilities will even more represent big changes in how software and hardware are designed, so consoles still and will have unique designs that only can be explored by first party studios and the polish titles that studios do with that systems in mind.

If anyway they can deliver the same game on pc without losing quality its a yes from me otherwise no.

???

What does this even mean
I mean PS5 will be the last console Sony produced if the decision to not making their game console-exclusive anymore backfires on them and turns them to multiplatform dev like Sega. But we'll see then
CMIIW

How do you answer a question with a question, one that even makes little sense in response to it.

I mean PS5 will be the last console Sony produced if the decision to not making their game console-exclusive anymore backfires on them and turns them to multiplatform dev like Sega. But we'll see then
CMIIW
Xbox is still alive and kicking extremely well even with their exclusives have already been on PC. The Xbox One wasn't their last generation and nor will the PS5 be Sony's if they do decide to bring in more audience. If anything, it'll help fund future development for their future endeavors.

It'll never happen as Sony won't be able to control the modding community which makes sim racing far more enjoyable on PC than console.

It'll never happen as Sony won't be able to control the modding community which makes sim racing far more enjoyable on PC than console.

Theres a reason GT outsell any other cars titles combined…, it´s a simcade you race on the fly simple and intuitive for the masses.
PD or Sony have 0 reasons or benefit of allowing such things cause will fragment the player base.

Theres enough diversity in the market concerning sim racing Gt dont need to copy or pretend to be a thing its not, people must understand that.
GT will improve the formula overtime and on the other hand if people want other experiences they play other racing games...

The landscape has changed a lot over the last 20 years or so, and I feel consoles are becoming less relevant. I remember not wanting to keep up with PC tech when SLI Voodoo Graphics cost more money than I was willing to pay, and the Playstation was so much cheaper than you could possibly build a gaming PC for. But consoles have become quite similar to PCs, and it's hard to create that much of a pricing difference. If you combine the price of a PS5 with the price of PS+ over its lifespan, there's not a huge saving over a PC with similar performance, and the PC lets you play PC-only games. With all Xbox games now coming out on PC, I'm sure I'm not the only one who is considering not owning a PS5 or Xbox Series X, having owned all previous Playstations.

So, if I stick with my gaming PC, and can play all PC and Xbox Series X games, GT is the only PS5 game that would interest me. The cost of playing that one game would be the cost of the game plus PS+ plus PS5. That is a heck of a lot of money to pay to play one game. The question is how many people will be in the same position and would be massively more likely to buy the game if they release it for PC.

I'm not sure how the business model works for Sony, though, if they have no more console exclusives. Console hardware is typically sold with little profit, and the profit is made from game licencing fees. MS doesn't mind trading off console sales against PC sales because they make money from selling Windows. But if Sony gives up a console sale by letting someone run their games on PC, they lose the licencing fees for every game that person would have bought on console if they'd pushed them into buying a console. So it's a balancing act, greater income from game sales vs lower income from licencing fees.

Is not like the PS3 stopped that from happening back in the day.

Plenty of security on the PC environment to avoid it. This kind of thing rarely slips by in most high profile titles. Some games will insta-Vac Ban you if you even have a mildly suspicious program running in the background, let alone modding the game to give you an advantage online.

PS3 was a subject to worldwide hacking, towards the end. Just like PC is.

The landscape has changed a lot over the last 20 years or so, and I feel consoles are becoming less relevant. I remember not wanting to keep up with PC tech when SLI Voodoo Graphics cost more money than I was willing to pay, and the Playstation was so much cheaper than you could possibly build a gaming PC for. But consoles have become quite similar to PCs, and it's hard to create that much of a pricing difference. If you combine the price of a PS5 with the price of PS+ over its lifespan, there's not a huge saving over a PC with similar performance, and the PC lets you play PC-only games. With all Xbox games now coming out on PC, I'm sure I'm not the only one who is considering not owning a PS5 or Xbox Series X, having owned all previous Playstations.

So, if I stick with my gaming PC, and can play all PC and Xbox Series X games, GT is the only PS5 game that would interest me. The cost of playing that one game would be the cost of the game plus PS+ plus PS5. That is a heck of a lot of money to pay to play one game. The question is how many people will be in the same position and would be massively more likely to buy the game if they release it for PC.

I'm not sure how the business model works for Sony, though, if they have no more console exclusives. Console hardware is typically sold with little profit, and the profit is made from game licencing fees. MS doesn't mind trading off console sales against PC sales because they make money from selling Windows. But if Sony gives up a console sale by letting someone run their games on PC, they lose the licencing fees for every game that person would have bought on console if they'd pushed them into buying a console. So it's a balancing act, greater income from game sales vs lower income from licencing fees.

Nintendo have the most expensive games and very few promos on their exclusives and they sell game copys like candys.

Companys have diferente business models sony have theirs.., MS also, all with diferente focus and profitable that in the end complement each other.
All will evolve and adapt and use their strong points and invest in that market share all can coexist.., PC just make xbox almost obsolete cause theres no need to have both...
In the end we have options and today gaming industrie its a lot better…, consoles are kinda cheap and with services and lot of promos you have more for less.

It's pretty unlikely I'll be buying a console again so making it available on PC would be the only way I'll play. That said, unlike Microsoft who don't care about selling consoles it's still something Sony very much cares about so dunno if you would see this.

PC is not going to be making any console obsolete. The audiences are different. Those who commit to PC tend to stick with PC and those with consoles tend to stick with consoles.

Consoles will always offer better pricing and add layers of simplicity to gaming that the people, who buy consoles, love. People like buying a system and knowing they'll, pretty much, be set for the better part of a decade. No worrying about system requirements, games will just work and you'll be certain you're getting the best experience your hardware can give you. No need to take special care for maintenance. Simple menus for navigation and configuration, designed for people with little to no tech experience.

PC players like all the customization, choice and control they have on their platform. But this requires a certain degree of tech knowledge to properly take advantage of.

It’s likely NOT going to look better on PC. Horizon Zero Dawn was recently released on PC with the exact same textures and lighting and everything as the PS4 version.

This makes sense as Sony would not want their competitor to have the best version of their game.

Xbox is still alive and kicking extremely well even with their exclusives have already been on PC. The Xbox One wasn't their last generation and nor will the PS5 be Sony's if they do decide to bring in more audience. If anything, it'll help fund future development for their future endeavors.
That was because Xbox and Windows are Microsoft's own turfs, ergo, they have control of the platforms (especially with Forza on Windows Store).

Back