Sony Explores Bringing PlayStation Exclusives (like Gran Turismo) to PC

That was because Xbox and Windows are Microsoft's own turfs, ergo, they have control of the platforms (especially with Forza on Windows Store).
And that has what to do with the fact that it didn't hurt the console? That they have footing with PC doesn't really change the fact that consoles can co-exists with PC's, and that the introduction of it's exclusives onto PC hasn't changed that. As if that alone would cause an immediate extinction of a whole console generation for either/or.

Seems like a good move if we're talking about profits. But I don't really like this possibility to be honest, it would make GT feel less special to me.

So maybe no PS6? PS5 could be the last "machine".

Although, who knows what the future holds. Sony makes TV/monitors too. A TV/monitor with built in gaming could be more logical than consoles.

Remember when they bet on Betamax? Meanwhile, where is JVC now? It's weird how technology works out sometimes. :lol:

Hey I already saw a commercial for the PS9, so the PS6 to PS9 are definitely going to come:

I remember...this. Wh-what was the thought process for this commercial?

Intern 1: Hey John, I have this wild idea for an advertisement for the next PlayStation.
Intern 2: But we already have ads and the like for the PlayStation 2. I mean, we could always use more though...
Intern 1: Hear me out. What if we perceive the future as you being one with the game console; a total experience of mind, body and soul.
Intern 2: That's...actually not bad at all. I like it.
Intern 1: We'll call it...PlayStation 9.
Intern 2: Wh...
Intern 1: *Walks off to share the idea with others*

Doesn't seem to affect many other major AAA games that have been brought over to PC. Don't worry, you'll be ok.
Right. That’s why I’ve turned off crossplay in COD Warzone on my PS4. Now I only have to deal with skilled players and no cheaters :indiff: oh my

PC is not going to be making any console obsolete. The audiences are different. Those who commit to PC tend to stick with PC and those with consoles tend to stick with consoles.

Consoles will always offer better pricing and add layers of simplicity to gaming that the people, who buy consoles, love. People like buying a system and knowing they'll, pretty much, be set for the better part of a decade. No worrying about system requirements, games will just work and you'll be certain you're getting the best experience your hardware can give you. No need to take special care for maintenance. Simple menus for navigation and configuration, designed for people with little to no tech experience.

PC players like all the customization, choice and control they have on their platform. But this requires a certain degree of tech knowledge to properly take advantage of.

I´m a pc gamer also…, i just think Xbox lose a lot compared to other consoles just cause its not very desirable, owing a pc make zero sense to buy xbox, when playstation and Nintendo can offer a lot more diversity.
Not all people stick only with one platform…, sony exclusives in terms of single player are a must have and even some online competitive games are more cool to play on console just because pc games are full of cheaters.

So it´s not so straight forward, but in the end the message its right, all platforms can coexist and in my opinion i will only vote to see more sony studios exclusives on pc if they don´t lose their identity/quality.
Pc versions of console exclusives tend to be ports and for sure will be less polished, nowadays software it´s more advanced but even so there are diferente aspects that take a roll and that fact cant change, games on pc need to take account of the diferente broad range of builds out there and taking that into account games will suffer in some way so they can run on lower end machines.

Anyway lets see wat the future brings to see things like Horizon Zero down being ruined and full of bugs running on pc…, still need more time and effort to make this subject a desirable thing in the future.

I think Microsoft and Sony have different motivations for moving their 1st tier previously console exclusive titles to PC.

Microsoft will never beat Sony at this game... its clear they are lucky to sell half as many consoles as Sony and they are resigned to being 2nd. Saying that they have huge advantages over Sony. They are able to leverage their other businesses to a much higher degree than Sony. Gamepass is a good example. Microsoft think that Xbox is just a part of their overall gaming strategy.

Sony I think have done their sums and worked out that selling certain console exclusive titles on PC will not detract from these titles also pushing console sales.

Now the big question will be (to us anyway!)... will selling GT7 on PC make business sense?

IMO the other 1st tier devs for Sony, especially the Western studios are much more willing to move to Windows as a 2ndary market.

Can we say the same thing about PD or other Japan based studios?

Right. That’s why I’ve turned off crossplay in COD Warzone on my PS4. Now I only have to deal with skilled players and no cheaters :indiff: oh my
I don't have the ability to turn off crossplay for Warzone on the Xbox and I can't say with any sort of confidence that I've ran into an over-abundance of cheaters. I think you're just blowing it out of proportion from what you've read on line from the absolute vocal minority. I'm not denying that it can happen, but its so far and few in-between that we should stop pretending it's the actual norm. Also, you can't really compare game's anti-modding/hacking software to each other, I doubt any two games are going to be the exact same in that premise.

GT Sport is one of those titles I've always wanted to try, and I'd be happy if it comes on PC. I hope it comes, the game has already a few years on his back, it would be a good idea to hype people for GT7 which won't be released on PC anytime soon. So with GTS they can actually hook PC gamers and convince them to buy a PS5 if they want the full GT experience.

Would just like the secondary features to be added to the PC interface... livery editor, replay viewer, FP time browsing, etc. I know some of that is available in the web page now, but not all of it and not well integrated. I'm just fine if the only way to actually play the game is on the PS console.

Would just like the secondary features to be added to the PC interface... livery editor, replay viewer, FP time browsing, etc. I know some of that is available in the web page now, but not all of it and not well integrated. I'm just fine if the only way to actually play the game is on the PS console.

I don't have the ability to turn off crossplay for Warzone on the Xbox and I can't say with any sort of confidence that I've ran into an over-abundance of cheaters. I think you're just blowing it out of proportion from what you've read on line from the absolute vocal minority. I'm not denying that it can happen, but its so far and few in-between that we should stop pretending it's the actual norm. Also, you can't really compare game's anti-modding/hacking software to each other, I doubt any two games are going to be the exact same in that premise.
It is the norm in the high ranked matches for obvious reasons. I’m talking about my experience, You probably just suck and therefore aren’t matched with cheaters.

It is the norm in the high ranked matches for obvious reasons. I’m talking about my experience, You probably just suck and therefore aren’t matched with cheaters.
It's really not the norm - but wow, what an absolutely stupid thing to say :lol:. It's so funny that you can try to make a point about something when you have, literally, absolutely no idea what you're even talking about. I mean, who even does that? It's funny seeing people making themselves out to look like that intentionally.

Ironically enough, going off stats alone which determines the players you're grouped with, yours are much much lower than mine :lol: You're doing such an absolutely terrible job at proving a point that you try to attack me instead of proving what you're saying.

Last edited:
I think a GT-Sport FIA competition type version that gets them in the PC sim-racing market similar to IRacing could be a viable option.

Put it on Steam and they will sell waaaay more...if that's the idea.

ACC is hard to beat GT3 wise, but I bet a Super GT or DTM focus would be cool.

Back