Sony Reveals PlayStation 5 Console

I would prefer if it was black,, but the Digital one is perfect for me. The last time I bought a game on disc was when I had an Xbox 360.

The design makes me think of this.
fvcjt55ZHaFGQ1aD6
I don't know what I'm doing. hahaha

I like discs - I don't like buying licences that the other side of the contract can terminate when the time suits...

... but bend me the Digital Edition is pretty.

I’m with you on that, it’s a beautiful profile. I, too, love having the physical discs though. Must be nostalgia, or some false sense of security, but I like having a small library of boxes.

It doesn't look to have that many connections. Looks like a USB, but it has a lightning symbol next to it, and maybe USB3.1. There are two thin slots on the disc version, but only the smaller slot on the digital version.

Where's the power go in, at the bottom? Can it be used on its side, because neither version look like they would lay flat on a surface.

Do you reckon it sucks in air one side and out the other, because I can't see much are getting in the bottom. :confused:

Loving the all-new console "neo-futuristic" architecture design for the PS5. Very curvy like the PS3 and perhaps large in size. Big question is the price tag for both of the Physical disc & the Digital (non-disc drive) version. Need info on that new cooling ventilation layout hehe! :D
Screenshot (8683).png

Do you reckon it suck in air one side and out the other, because I can't see much are getting in the bottom. :confused:

Especially when it is running a Ryzen 7 equivalent and the 2080 equivalent (but by AMD so it probably uses more electricity and runs hotter) and Sony already had to clarify that it scales clocks based on temperature and the specs they gave were boost clocks.

It doesn't look to have that many connections. Looks like a USB, but it has a lightning symbol next to it, and maybe USB3.1. There are two thin slots on the disc version, but only the smaller slot on the digital version.

Where's the power go in, at the bottom? Can it be used on its side, because neither version look like they would lay flat on a surface.

Do you reckon it sucks in air one side and out the other, because I can't see much are getting in the bottom. :confused:

There seems to be a USB 3.1 and USB C on the front, there probably are loads of ports on the back we haven't seen yet. The two thin slots I'm sure are actually the Power and Eject buttons. Yes you can lay the console on its side.

EaQ6MKOWAAAzK7h

I think the disc version will be an excuse to go over £500. :( Pity as that would be the one I would want.

But maybe by the time GT7 appears prices will be on the turn downwards. :rolleyes: That's the time I will have to think about how much the console is. ;)

It will be interesting to see how both Sony and M$ will price these consoles.

So it's finally revealed in all it's blue and white glory, one has to think could they not integrated the 4k BLU-ray disc player better, as I would surely want the disc player to watch movie on 4k as well as play my PS5 games right?

Here's hoping for a £299 price tag............I mean £499. :dunce:

But kudos to SONY for going all out and not using the ugly dev-kit for a design idea. I'm glad they pushed curves over a simple boxy design or "ahem" tower style box. I would kinda prefer a black version too, as the white version will get dirty real quick. :sly:

xbox-660.jpg

VS.

PS5_DIGITALEDITION_RENDER_WITHNOTICE_03.jpg

From thermals standpoint the xbox could actually be a bit, or even significantly better.

As of now, I wouldn't expect any kind of silent operation under load from the PS5.

Back