soo... anyone wants to say AI is too weak?

• Thread starter Swagger897
  • 41 comments
United States
KCCO
Well, last night I tried the grind again and on the last lap of the Nurb GP/F Standard X2014 event, I got hit by a Level 5 Ferrari (no.. not really).

Anyways, I find it that the AI is more aggressive, but had just lost all common sense.. Absolutely all of it.

Well, I'm not sure about poor racecraft - the OP's car overtaking on the corner, barely had it's nose ahead of the AI when it moved left to follow its line through the corner. I thought you needed to have a significant amount of your car past the opponent's nose before it must yield to your line.

they just have no idea where you are on track I always try and pass them as fast as I can that's the best advice I can get

Well, I'm not sure about poor racecraft - the OP's car overtaking on the corner, barely had it's nose ahead of the AI when it moved left to follow its line through the corner. I thought you needed to have a significant amount of your car past the opponent's nose before it must yield to your line.

He has his wheels almost at the height of the other? Far less is "significant amount past". In F1 that "significant amount" is defined roughly as the front wing.

Dirty AI is no news, but this is a good example. Do that twice and you'll be kicked from any well managed room.

To me that is not dirty AI, it simply doesn't care about player's car, at the exit he is following his own line and while accelerating going a bit wide ... as result you are being hitted. Learn from this and next time try to pass a car in a straight or during a tough breaking zone...trying to pass a car on the outside of that corner could lead to a bad result like that even in a normal race in real life ( Probably the other car would just 'push' you outside so you will loose speed on the grass\sand while accelerating ).

I am not saying AI is good i'm saying maybe that was a risky overtaking on that corner.

:cheers:

the ai in this game is total garbage. what pd needs to do is make their total 100% focus on online racing. if they could come up with a player ranking kind of like i racing it would be awsome. you would instantly know if someone was a good clean racer or not. also, plus stop with the vision cars , no body cares...instead of 1000 cars , how about getting rid of all the standards, and the ability to put a livery on every car. or at least a racing number. also the staff seems to be focused on the wrong aspects. stop adding new content, fix the stuff we already have first...

the ai in this game is total garbage. what pd needs to do is make their total 100% focus on online racing. if they could come up with a player ranking kind of like i racing it would be awsome. you would instantly know if someone was a good clean racer or not. also, plus stop with the vision cars , no body cares...instead of 1000 cars , how about getting rid of all the standards, and the ability to put a livery on every car. or at least a racing number. also the staff seems to be focused on the wrong aspects. stop adding new content, fix the stuff we already have first...
So the AI in this game is garbage but your solution to "fix that" is to completely ignore it and remove standard cars and focus on online racing... Dude, what are you thinking?

So the AI in this game is garbage but your solution to "fix that" is to completely ignore it and remove standard cars and focus on online racing... Dude, what are you thinking?
pd obviously cant make good ai or they would have...so they are better off focusing their resources elsewhere

since its grinding i dont care about aids put ASM & SRF on you should be okay , if they use it [AI] you use it!!! With Racing Softs!

Last edited:
And what about those people that can't or don't want to race online? Screw them as long as you get what you want? Bigger picture and all that...
if you honestly find it fun to race career mode, over and over....then more power to you

Happens to me all the time, esp in the Red Bull events and NASCAR races. I can't tell you the number of times I've been spun out by the AI in the NASCAR races! It happens both ways too, sometimes I don't see the AI and I go up the track and they'll be there and I spin out. But other times they're going up the corner with no sense of my cars position and flip me out when I'm not making any move towards them. Really frustrating, esp since contact rarely ever affects the AI car. I wish the AI cars weren't so invulnerable to being spun out by the player so I could get the satisfaction of punting them off the track! :mischievous:

A lot of people see it as dirty driving, but I see it as an improvement over GT5. If I were to do a similar action in 5, the AI would most likely drop back, and I would easily have taken that past the apex. However, it's just the matter that PD can't make a system where "ohh, there's a car directly next to us, any contact would throw him off-line, so we should just keep specific distance away from him." I mean, we already got the blind-side sensors, so why can't those actually be used for an AI system to detect players, and not just other AI drivers (because you do know that AI keep distance from themselves, and never cause accidents between themselves..)

A lot of people see it as dirty driving, but I see it as an improvement over GT5. If I were to do a similar action in 5, the AI would most likely drop back, and I would easily have taken that past the apex. However, it's just the matter that PD can't make a system where "ohh, there's a car directly next to us, any contact would throw him off-line, so we should just keep specific distance away from him." I mean, we already got the blind-side sensors, so why can't those actually be used for an AI system to detect players, and not just other AI drivers (because you do know that AI keep distance from themselves, and never cause accidents between themselves..)
I think the reason why the AI is criticized is because they brake early, which is probably due to the racing line I think. So if PD could manage to make the AI have much better lap times, I don't think we would have a problem because I think the AI could get aggressive (Remember when Jordan was fighting an FTO in the early version of GT6 once?).

I think the reason why the AI is criticized is because they brake early, which is probably due to the racing line I think. So if PD could manage to make the AI have much better lap times, I don't think we would have a problem because I think the AI could get aggressive (Remember when Jordan was fighting an FTO in the early version of GT6 once?).
Right, and yes I do remember. If it was the racing line, they need to have it adaptive. There are multiple ways to enter a turn and PD need to make it where the line is an algorithm that constantly changes... The other question is, when they plan seasonals, how/where do they get their times? If the offline races have these sort of times, for the AI, it would make it much better in my opinion.

Right, and yes I do remember. If it was the racing line, they need to have it adaptive. There are multiple ways to enter a turn and PD need to make it where the line is an algorithm that constantly changes... The other question is, when they plan seasonals, how/where do they get their times? If the offline races have these sort of times, for the AI, it would make it much better in my opinion.
I think the answer is simple on how they plan times for seasonals. They already know the track because they created and it's extremely likely they tested it out before they sent it to the public.

So if PD could manage to make the AI have much better lap times, I don't think we would have a problem because I think the AI could get aggressive (Remember when Jordan was fighting an FTO in the early version of GT6 once?).
The AI may not be very good at driving on the limit, yet I don't think it would be any problem to make them go faster. As the frequent stoppies they pull in some places suggest, they seem to run (just not fully use) at much higher grip levels anyway. Seems to be a deliberate decision.

Anyways, I find it that the AI is more aggressive, but had just lost all common sense.. Absolutely all of it.
The moral of the story is, you need to pick your overtaking opportunities a bit better. If you tried that on a human driver, likely the outcome would be the same if you didn't back off on the exit. The AI has the line, you're running wide to try and make it stick and got run off the track. The stewards would likely call it a racing incident. 👍

The moral of the story is, you need to pick your overtaking opportunities a bit better. If you tried that on a human driver, likely the outcome would be the same if you didn't back off on the exit. The AI has the line, you're running wide to try and make it stick and got run off the track. The stewards would likely call it a racing incident. 👍
For a car based on the Formula One series, I shouldn't have to pick a safer spot to overtake, as it's a race track, where every inch is an opportunity. However, if look at this video, the first two overtakes show the outside driver behind the inside drivers front axle. They still overtake, with the inside driver making corrections to his line, not the racing line.

That is what GT needs to do. Find out how mid race to adapt, as going from a predetermined line before the race has even begun is ridiculous. Only making changes when a car in front of you has stopped is a joke, and not knowing how to avoid said blockage is a joke..

That is what GT needs to do. Find out how mid race to adapt, as going from a predetermined line before the race has even begun is ridiculous. Only making changes when a car in front of you has stopped is a joke, and not knowing how to avoid said blockage is a joke..
I agree in principle. :)

Check my thread on this theory. Again. It's a boundary issue ;)

The AI hit you when you were in the middle of the track so I would say you didn't leave enough room
I was headed to the run-off, but in no way was I in the middle. The turn was already completed and there is plenty enough grip for the AI to hold on to the line that he should've taken. It's the fact that we are still racing dumb AI, on smart machines..

Check my thread on this theory. Again. It's a boundary issue ;)
I'll have to see it then... Do you have a link?

Back