[soon]HDLoader allows you to install and run your PS2™ games directly from a HDD

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by Soman, May 25, 2004.

1. Soman

Soman

Heres the babe

Games that dont work

Dnas doesnt work

2. Nasadus

Nasadus Premium

Is this official,like from Sony or is it anothr company's product?It sounds great.No more scratched DVD's/CD's.And when it is comming out?

3. Soman

Soman

Its not official from sony, you might need a chip. I will contact them later today and pose as a retailer. I will probably get then the info I need. You could do that too.

4. Klostrophobic

Klostrophobic

This could turn into a thread about piracy. Quickly.

This opens the door for people to rent a game from Blockbuster for 5 bucks and just copy it to the HD. Not good for Sony.

People have been doing this with the XBox for a while.

5. donbenni

donbenni

Yeah surely they can't do this, unless they have a master plan for keeping it all secure.

Sounds great for legitimate gaming, but does make piracy too easy.

6. Cosmic

Cosmic (Banned)

Did you see any Sony logo? Not , so it's a nother company.
    And it's unlawful?

7. emad

emad

it's a third party product and I'm 95% sure it's about as legal as a mod chip. I'd be wary of this site as there have been scams like this in the past when sites would pop up and disappear after several months. Just wait and see what happens before you place any faith whatsoever in this product.

Wait...ps2newz says its being developed by Divineo. It's a reliable company but it would still be best to wait for the ps2 dev scene to come in and take this thing apart from the ground up to make sure it works :)

8. Soman

Soman

Divineo isnt developing but just an official partner, that is a good sign that it has the potential of being real as of what I know they [divineo] are reliable.

It is sad that this will open up for piracy but I want this as Im tired of loading times and I dont have to switch discs for loading the other game and I will only "risk" my games being scracted when playing online.

9. Race Idiot

Race Idiot (Banned)

I can see that being very convinient, it would also save on motor wear.

10. Ryen49

Ryen49

Too bad sony will shut these guys dwon with a law suit for illegal copies of game such as renting from blockbuster. Even if you do get this you can't play online games that have dnas which are most late 2003- and up games.

11. KomatsuFujima

KomatsuFujima

i can play copy games online...i got htis disc that can convert to play burnt games online

12. Quisp

Quisp

I dont mean to derail this topic, but, does anyone know how to use Gameshark with a backup DVD?
    I have a Magic V modchip, and I entered some codes for it.

I did it successfully once, but, unsure how.

Now, when I drop the Gameshark disc in, I cant get it to bootup the Gameshark menu, unless I put the chip in sleep mode, which obviously defeats the backup from working.

13. VIPFREAK

VIPFREAK (Banned)

Anyone know if you can use an existing external hd rather than wasting money on their sony hds yet? :odd:

14. allencc3

allencc3

How do you think people were booting backups without a chip? It was the gameshark that allowed people to play backups without using a chip. So it dont matter if you are in safe mode or not. Just download the gameshark backup, then it will boot. select start game then the tray will open. Insert backup then press press the eject button to close, press X as soon as the tray closes. AS SOON AS IT CLOSES! I downloaded the gameshark 4.1 iso and played it with samurai warriors today.:lol:

15. emad

emad

external, no but people have figured out how to install regular hard drives with no problem. Ps2 currently supports up to 120 gigs :)

16. Soman

Soman

17. Vicx

Vicx

a disc? do u use it on pc?