[soon]HDLoader allows you to install and run your PS2™ games directly from a HDD

• Thread starter Soman
  • 16 comments
Heres the babe

Enhance Your Gaming Experience

The Playstation 2™ is capable of reading data from a hard disk drive much faster than it can read from a CD or DVD. Using HDLoader to run your games from a hard disk drive leads to significantly reduced game loading times. Never again will you need to endure painfully slow loading times which plague so many games!

HDLoader makes gaming more convenient by allowing you to store your games on a hard disk drive, eliminating the need to change discs each time you wish to play a different game.

Simple and Attractive Graphical Interface

HDLoader’s user interface is designed with simplicity in mind – boot up HDLoader and begin playing your games without wasting any time navigating through a complex user interface.

The intuitive user interface allows easy management of games currently installed on your hard disk drive. Add or remove games with the push of a button.

The interface is multi-lingual. Use HDLoader in your own language.

Excellent Compatibility

HDLoader offers excellent compatibility with your games – over 95% of games work flawlessly when running from your hard disk drive.

HDLoader is compatible with both standard IDE hard disk drives and the official Playstation 2™ hard disk drive.

Games that dont work

IMPORTANT: HDLoader is NOT compatible with the following Japanese PS2 models: SCPH 10000, SCPH 15000 and SCPH 18000.

The following games are known to be incompatible with HDLoader:

Biohazzard Outbreak

MX 2002

Peter Pan: The Legend of Neverland

Ratchet & Clank

Dnas doesnt work
When HDLoader is used to play a DNAS enabled game, any attempt to go online will be unsuccessful as the DNAS authentication will FAIL

Is this official,like from Sony or is it anothr company's product?It sounds great.No more scratched DVD's/CD's.And when it is comming out?

Its not official from sony, you might need a chip. I will contact them later today and pose as a retailer. I will probably get then the info I need. You could do that too.

This could turn into a thread about piracy. Quickly.

This opens the door for people to rent a game from Blockbuster for 5 bucks and just copy it to the HD. Not good for Sony.

People have been doing this with the XBox for a while.

Yeah surely they can't do this, unless they have a master plan for keeping it all secure.

Sounds great for legitimate gaming, but does make piracy too easy.

Originally posted by GTChamp2003
Is this official,like from Sony or is it anothr company's product?

Did you see any Sony logo? Not , so it's a nother company.
And it's unlawful?

it's a third party product and I'm 95% sure it's about as legal as a mod chip. I'd be wary of this site as there have been scams like this in the past when sites would pop up and disappear after several months. Just wait and see what happens before you place any faith whatsoever in this product.

Wait...ps2newz says its being developed by Divineo. It's a reliable company but it would still be best to wait for the ps2 dev scene to come in and take this thing apart from the ground up to make sure it works :)

Divineo isnt developing but just an official partner, that is a good sign that it has the potential of being real as of what I know they [divineo] are reliable.

It is sad that this will open up for piracy but I want this as Im tired of loading times and I dont have to switch discs for loading the other game and I will only "risk" my games being scracted when playing online.

Too bad sony will shut these guys dwon with a law suit for illegal copies of game such as renting from blockbuster. Even if you do get this you can't play online games that have dnas which are most late 2003- and up games.

Originally posted by Ryen49
Too bad sony will shut these guys dwon with a law suit for illegal copies of game such as renting from blockbuster. Even if you do get this you can't play online games that have dnas which are most late 2003- and up games.
i can play copy games online...i got htis disc that can convert to play burnt games online

I dont mean to derail this topic, but, does anyone know how to use Gameshark with a backup DVD?
I have a Magic V modchip, and I entered some codes for it.

I did it successfully once, but, unsure how.

Now, when I drop the Gameshark disc in, I cant get it to bootup the Gameshark menu, unless I put the chip in sleep mode, which obviously defeats the backup from working.

Originally posted by Quisp
I dont mean to derail this topic, but, does anyone know how to use Gameshark with a backup DVD?
I have a Magic V modchip, and I entered some codes for it.

I did it successfully once, but, unsure how.

Now, when I drop the Gameshark disc in, I cant get it to bootup the Gameshark menu, unless I put the chip in sleep mode, which obviously defeats the backup from working.

How do you think people were booting backups without a chip? It was the gameshark that allowed people to play backups without using a chip. So it dont matter if you are in safe mode or not. Just download the gameshark backup, then it will boot. select start game then the tray will open. Insert backup then press press the eject button to close, press X as soon as the tray closes. AS SOON AS IT CLOSES! I downloaded the gameshark 4.1 iso and played it with samurai warriors today.:lol:

Originally posted by VipFREAK
Anyone know if you can use an existing external hd rather than wasting money on their sony hds yet? :odd:
external, no but people have figured out how to install regular hard drives with no problem. Ps2 currently supports up to 120 gigs :)

Back