Fridays SHELBY v CHEVY Season 2 untuned 20:30-21:30 BST- FINAL ROUND (12) - Mar 31stFinished 

Hi John,

it needs to be a normal Shelby, not the Chrome Line.

As per what Simba said, but note, to get colours the Cobra needs to be without white stripes - for some reason if you buy a striped cobra you don't receive a paint chip.

Round 9 Points.jpg

Round 9 in Pictures

WS Slide 2 Start.jpg
WS Slide 3 corner.jpg
WS Slide 4 Hairpin.jpg
WS Slide 1 Win.jpg
WS Slide 5 John Wells Corvette.jpg

Attention All Drivers:

@Harsk100 @AndreasR @Pimasz @eran0004 @Sutsagrd @tarnheld @nonka @IfAndOr @John Wells @Zolon32 @CrazyJohn @BenMillard @Autope10 @richroo @pretend racer @Ian JB

Specs: Round 10 Only (100% wet) Apricot Hill Reverse - Heavy Wet Tyres on all cars

Jaguar XJ13 = Full Power = 536bhp
Corvette Z06 = 536bhp

AM Corvette = 475bhp
Cobra Chromeline = 475bhp

Please note, for Round 10 only, which is a 100% wet round, for the sake of fairness, we are using the same power limits on the cars as at the previous wet round. We are using Apricot Hill again, but this time the Reverse layout.

@Autope10 and @Ian JB - If you want to race in Round 10 please use either a 1963 Corvette Z06 race car or a Jaguar XJ13 (note the Corvette cannot be painted, Jaguar paint Garnet Red and fit race number of choice, font A type A).

Last edited:
Attention All Drivers:

@Harsk100 @AndreasR @Pimasz @eran0004 @Sutsagrd @tarnheld @nonka @IfAndOr @John Wells @Zolon32 @CrazyJohn @BenMillard @Autope10 @richroo @pretend racer @Ian JB

Specs: Round 10 Only (100% wet) Apricot Hill Reverse - Heavy Wet Tyres on all cars

Jaguar XJ13 = Full Power = 536bhp
Corvette Z06 = 536bhp

AM Corvette = 475bhp
Cobra Chromeline = 475bhp

Please note, for Round 10 only, which is a 100% wet round, for the sake of fairness, we are using the same power limits on the cars as at the previous wet round. We are using Apricot Hill again, but this time the Reverse layout.

@Autope10 and @Ian JB - If you want to race in Round 10 please use either a 1963 Corvette Z06 race car or a Jaguar XJ13 (note the Corvette cannot be painted, Jaguar paint Garnet Red and fit race number of choice, font A type A).
So, do I have to use the XJ13? Or do I have to keep using the Corvette?

Sorry Sick, but I won't be able to make it tonight. I can only get on on Fridays when the Mrs has other things arranged for herself (or if I've got a decent supply of sedatives). Neither apply today :(

Cheers, Zo.

Is there a PSN update or general Internet slowness in UK? Struggling to get online. It had been fine for about a month.

One more victory thrown away for me, but despite of that, I still had a great battle afterwards. I knew that I wouldn't win against the XJ13's. ;)

Within about 3 laps I was glad to join this wet race. :gtpflag:

When we tested this after the Toyota 2000GT round at Route 5, @Harsk100 got the fastest time by several seconds. Think I was using CS tyres when we did that! Newsflash: Heavy Wet tyres are better in 100% wet conditions.

My massive speed advantage in the XJ13 in pre-qualifying was maybe too big, lol. Seasonal Event Time Trials are for driving around at maximum speed by yourself...in a racing series I want a contest with other drivers! The thrill of the chase, the excitement of a pass and the respect for racers who beat me fair and square. 👍

1:30.773 was my best in the test room.
In lap 2 of the qualifying race I did a 1:29.840! :eek:

@richroo was driving carefully, to his own rhythm but was seconds a lap slower. DS3 is definitely an advantage for twitch counter-steering in these extreme conditions. Wheel users have to prevent oversteer with extreme caution and focus 100% of the time.

Lap 3 I waited after the hairpin. We had a few mini-races together. Really enjoyable. 👍

So I waited at the end of the race, to start near the back of the grid in the main race.

Shout-out to @Sutsagrd for wrestling the Corvette C2 in the spray behind @Sick Cylinder like a boss. DS3 master race.

@pretend racer (Zeus) had a couple of mistakes at crucial points. Rejoined carefully and left space for approaching drivers. Very sporting. I have to say, that Cobra lived up to its namesake: a slippery, slithering, cold-blooded killer! 50% gas and it tries to tear the rubber off the rims...

Your patience paid off as with just 1:30 to go, @Sick Cylinder and @Sutsagrd slid off in the final S-bend section. You sailed through to a fine 4th place. "Sailed" being the operative word. :lol:
@richroo advised me to "stay on the black bit" but that somehow didn't sink in. I crashed quite a few times out of the lead when it really counted! Was able to manage a 1 or 2 second gap when in front but then choked and put a wheel on the grass. No major crashes, just sliding off the track.

There seems to be more rotation on the dark line, as usual. But there is more traction off the racing line in extreme wet conditions. Playing with the "karting line" actually works in GT6, to some extent. But if you go completely off the dark line, it seems all grip drops away.

The game does make invisible 'puddles' which basically means one or more tyres aquaplanes for a moment or two. It's very apparent with 4WD cars on racing tyres at about 30% surface water. The car can be going fine on a straight, then it's suddenly facing 45° left or right and the wheels are spinning!

@richroo was managing all of this beautifully. Driving silky smooth all through this long race. My hands here freezing with the open roof Jaguar. Can you get me a pair of the gloves you use for next time, rich?

Last edited:
Excellent photo, as ever! Amazed your lense didn't fog up.

John, I meant to say I was impressed by your awareness in this race. You were monitoring cars approaching to lap you, leaving space for them to pass, all while keeping control of your own vehicle. Very heads-up driving which some of the back markers of F1 would do well to study from next season!

Even a certain Mr Vettel could have no criticism of your reaction to blue flags. 👍

Attention All Drivers - Change of Format

The Qualification Race has not been functioning in the way that was originally intended when the series was designed. After consulting with the Stewards I have decided to try a new format, which excludes the Qualification Race. This will be tried for the final two rounds of this series and the final round of the Toyota series. If the new format is considered to be an improvement we will stick with it for the new series which start in January 2017.

Although it is normally preferable to refrain from any format changes during a season, problems with the Qualification Race have forced us to try this change.

Revised Format / Schedule
Room Opens: 20:25 - 20:30
Free Practise: Till 20:40
Race Start: 20:40 NB 10 minute Qualification alone, last corner start
Race Finish: 21:23 Approximately

The race will be of 30 minutes duration with 1 compulsory pit stop to be taken between 10 minutes and 20 minutes. The game will apply a penalty if a pit stop is not taken. The Stewards will apply a 30 second penalty if the pit stop is taken outside the 10 till 20 minute window. Tyre and fuel wear will be off i.e. no change from current settings.

Note - The cars return to their pre-round 10 power and tyre settings i.e. XJ13 455bhp Sports Hard, Corvette Z06 Race Car 480bhp, Sports Soft, Shelby Cobra Chromeline 516bhp Sports Medium, Art Morrison Corvette 516bhp Sports Soft Front, Sports Medium Rear tyres.

PS - Updated Championship tables will be posted shortly (the laptop with the appropriate software is currently being repaired after an accident involving a bottle of Lucozade!).

Good race today! The Cobra was great to drive, although it was a little tricky to find traction when your braking points are half a meter up in the air :lol:

My solution was to dab the brakes just before the crest, to make the nose dip and the front wheels touch down a little earlier.

I liked the new format! See you next week!

There's an outside chance I might just make it this evening.

Shame you couldn't make it IfAndOr and Richroo - it was a cracking race. I was very surprised to qualify near the front as I hadn't had time for any GT6 this week apart from Wednesday's race. Pimiki got past me on the brakes at the first corner, but I kept close to him until the pit stop. He was able to pull away on acceleration off the corners - I don't know if this was down to his extra 60bhp or his extra skill, but probably the latter. Inspired by the recent F1 coverage and the commentators talking about "the undercut" I decided to take the earliest possible pit stop so went in as soon as the pit window opened. Pimiki pitted about half way through the window and came out the same distance in front as before my stop - I hadn't managed to improve my lap times and he hadn't been holding me up. Unfortunately when I came out of the pits there were now three drivers right on my tail and the extra pressure casued me to make a slight error and spin losing three places and thirteen seconds. It was then a fairly lonely race until I overtook John Wells who was on a different pit srategy and then in the closing stages passed Max who who had spun.

I quite liked the new format, but will be interested to hear your feedback. The race did seem a bit longer, but was only five minutes extra in actual fact. It made it simpler to host and it should make the life of the stewards easier as there is only one replay and less chance of complaints.

Am I the champion of Shelby v Chevy?

I don't know Harsk! You will have to bear with me for a bit - unfortunately daughter number 2 spilt her Lucozade on the laptop which has my spreadsheet and publishing software - it is currently being (hopefully) repaired. There is still one round left to go and I am not sure of the maths in my head.

I don't know Harsk! You will have to bear with me for a bit - unfortunately daughter number 2 spilt her Lucozade on the laptop which has my spreadsheet and publishing software - it is currently being (hopefully) repaired. There is still one round left to go and I am not sure of the maths in my head.
I figured out that the top-2 standings were the following:

Harsk 201 points, Richroo 142 (148) points, Simba 136 (154) points, Pimiki 136 (143) points, Zeus 100 (106) points.

So, I believe that I'm the champion of Shelby v Chevy

Good racing, still getting use to the wheel, so hope I didn't get in anyone's way:D
I have found it need, less input, to turn, so was a lot smoother today:)
Only I need to do a brake mod, locking up too much:yuck:

Good fast lap time by Max, my fastest lap was 1.31:tup:

Sorry didn't save replay:nervous:

I can't believe I was so fast last night in the z06 c2!?! Second place is definitely the best I've done in this series. Shame some other regular drivers were missing as they might have given Harsk more of a challenge than I did.
Harsk was too consistent with his laps. I managed fastest lap on the penultimate lap amazingly but made too many mistakes in between.

I like the format with quali and pit stop. However I think it would make it more challenging and fun with tyre wear and fuel depletion. Then the strategy of undercutting might work?!?

Hope your computer gets resurrected soon Sick.
:cheers:

Provisional Championship Points up to Round 11

Points before deduction of lowest scoring round (shown in brackets) Note C = Chevrolet, S = Shelby, SC = Shelby & Chevrolet
Harsk 201 (16) C
Simba 154 (8) C
Richroo 148 (0) S
Pimiki 148 (3) S
Sick 115 (6) S
Zeus 111 (0) S
Sutsagrd 87 (0) C
Tarnheld 76 (0) S
Maximusmonster 73 (0) S
Eran 72 (0) S
John Wells 60 (0) C
IfAndOr 46 (0) SC
Zolon 36 (0) S
Flaco 26 (0) C
Crazy John 25 (0) C
Ben Millard 24 (0) C

Note 1 people with (0) did not compete in all 11 rounds and therefore their lowest scoring round is 0.

Note 2 These results are provisional (subject to confirmation by the Stewards), but it appears that Harsk cannot be caught in Round 12 (if these results stand). Positions 2, 3 and 4 are still wide open.

I think this is a good direction. The closer to the real competitive sort. The tire wear would mainly have to switch back to a mandatory tire change at the sight. Tyre wear without competition is not in reality.

Note - Tyre and fuel wear is set to off for several reasons - it creates equal length stops for all drivers, it possibly reduces occurrence of the "trapped in pits bug" which seems to strike when the fuel load default value is being altered when the car reaches a certain point in the pits. Finally some of the cars have mismatched tyres and their handling characteristics would alter if tyre wear was on. For these reasons we will stick with tyre and fuel wear off.

Points before deduction of lowest scoring round (shown in brackets) Note C = Chevrolet, S = Shelby, SC = Shelby & Chevrolet
Harsk 201 (16) C
Simba 154 (8) C
Richroo 148 (0) S
Pimiki 148 (3) S
Sick 115 (6) S
Zeus 111 (0) S
Sutsagrd 87 (0) C
Tarnheld 76 (0) S
Maximusmonster 73 (0) S
Eran 72 (0) S
John Wells 60 (0) C
IfAndOr 46 (0) SC
Zolon 36 (0) S
Flaco 26 (0) C
Crazy John 25 (0) C
Ben Millard 24 (0) C

Note 1 people with (0) did not compete in all 11 rounds and therefore their lowest scoring round is 0.

Note 2 These results are provisional (subject to confirmation by the Stewards), but it appears that Harsk cannot be caught in Round 12 (if these results stand). Positions 2, 3 and 4 are still wide open.

Note - Tyre and fuel wear is set to off for several reasons - it creates equal length stops for all drivers, it possibly reduces occurrence of the "trapped in pits bug" which seems to strike when the fuel load default value is being altered when the car reaches a certain point in the pits. Finally some of the cars have mismatched tyres and their handling characteristics would alter if tyre wear was on. For these reasons we will stick with tyre and fuel wear off.
Dropped 16 points? I thought that the two round-suspension (Round 4 & 5) would make me free from point drops.

Harsk 201 (16) C
Simba 154 (8) C
Richroo 148 (0) S
Pimiki 148 (3) S
Sick 115 (6) S
Zeus 111 (0) S
Sutsagrd 87 (0) C
Tarnheld 76 (0) S
Maximusmonster 73 (0) S
Eran 72 (0) S
John Wells 60 (0) C
IfAndOr 46 (0) SC
Zolon 36 (0) S
Flaco 26 (0) C
Crazy John 25 (0) C
Ben Millard 24 (0) C

I'm sorry because it kills the challenge! Inherently bad odds to compete!

Back