Fridays SHELBY v CHEVY Season 2 untuned 20:30-21:30 BST- FINAL ROUND (12) - Mar 31stFinished 

Round 11 Points.jpg

Sick
Unfortunately work Christmas week is here so I will be absent from our last race. Sorry. It gives space for others to join esp buybon.

Hope you guys have a great final race.

:cheers:

Think I might have a wee spare hour on Friday. If there's space , what car would I bring and what colour and regs?

Sutsagrd will be absent - would you like to take over his car Buybon? If so he drives a 1963 Chevrolet Corvette C2 Race Car, untuned, limited to 480bhp on sports soft tyres. No need for paint or a number as this car cannot be painted. I hope you can make it on Friday - it would be nice to finish Season 1 with a good turnout.

I had a solid pit strategy this time. The strategy was to enter the pit as soon as it was empty to avoid losing time waiting for other cars going in and out. As it turned out, I was near the end of a lap when the time said 9 minutes and 50 seconds and by the time I reached the pit entrance it had just flipped to 10 minutes so I had the earliest possible stop!

Coming out I was all alone, which gave me a great opportunity to stretch my legs without having to worry about getting caught up in traffic, so I managed to do a bunch of fast (by my standards - still a couple of seconds slower than rich) and consistent laps. As the others started doing their pit stops I slowly advanced through the field until I was caught up in a Cobra battle with Pimiki. Unfortunately I overcooked it by the end and ended up on the grass, otherwise I would have had a nice chance to finish 5th.

I think I ended up 8th as it were.

I got a good start and was behind Pimiki and noticed that he went for an early pit stop - peeling off as soon as the pit window opened at 10 minutes. I decided to do the opposite and stay out as long as possible, however I came in about a lap before the 20 minutes was up. Unfortunately I had made a few mistakes while staying out so after the stops I found I had lost a few places. Towards the end of the race Zolon was gradually reeling me in and the extra pressure almost led to me losing another place - I didn't learn until after the race that he was using a harder grade of tyre than expected otherwise I wouldn't have stayed ahead of him. As the race was winding down I was surprised to catch and pass Eran who had just had an off so instead of losing a place I actually gained one to finish 7th out of 12 - a satisfying end to a really enjoyable season. Join us for Season 2 starting after Christmas.

The championship tables will be updated for this thread and the Toyota thread as soon as possible - probably Monday or Tuesday.

Round 12 Points.jpg
Final Standings SvCS1.jpg

Above - Final Standings after deduction of single lowest scoring round.

Congratulations to Chevrolet Champion Harsk and Shelby Champion Richroo. Congratulations to Chevrolet Vice-Champion SimbaLora and Shelby Vice-Champion Pimiki. These four drivers win the prize of a small BSCC art print. Note prizes will be despatched after the Christmas rush to reduce the risk of damage or loss in transit.

Congratulations to all participating drivers for making this series a great success. Note - you could sign up to join them in Season 2 which starts January 2017.

Season 2 Specs Reminder - Extract from Post 1

Specs: Round 1-6 (Note Gold + Platinum use XJ13, P Gold use Z06)
Class 1. Jaguar XJ13 = Comfort Soft (Full Power = 536bhp)
Class 1. Corvette Z06 = Sports Medium (536bhp) with chassis reinforcement

Class 2. AM Corvette = Sports Soft Front + Medium Rear (475bhp)
Class 2. Cobra Chromeline = Sports Medium (475bhp)

Note: Drivers who were in Team Shelby for Season 1 will be in Team Chevrolet for Season 2 - drivers who were in Team Chevrolet for Season 1 will be in Team Shelby for Season 2.

Team Shelby Jaguar XJ13 colour = Guardsman Blue

Team Chevrolet Jaguar XJ13 colour = Garnet Red

Note - full details of colours, race numbers, tyres, power limits etc are in post 1.

Class 1 drivers who haven't got a Jaguar XJ13 can use a Cobra painted Daytona Yellow (Team Shelby) or a Corvette C2 Race Car (Team Chevrolet).

If you have any queries please raise them below. Note we have a few spaces for new drivers to the series - we have more vacancies in Team Shelby - please contact me to confirm car details if you are new to the series.

Have a wonderful New Year everyone.

Sorry about Wednesday John - I have now sent a club invitation to your new PSN name.

A quick reminder to everyone that it is Round 0 (Test Day) at 20:30 GMT tonight (Friday) for Season 2 of Shelby V Chevy (from Laguna Seca). We will run a couple of short races for our Round 1 - 6 cars and subject to time, a couple of short races for our Round 7 - 12 cars.

Note to myself that I need an Art Morrison Corvette 1960, painted Dover White, for Round 1 - 6 and a Corvette C2 Race Car 1963 for Round 7 - 12.

If anyone is unsure of their car type, colour, race number etc, there are full details in Post 1 near the bottom of the post.

If anyone reading this would like to join the series, you have timed it perfectly as tonight we have Round 0 and the series starts with Round 1 on 13th January - if you are interested post in the thread below or send me a message via GT Planet.

Good Luck everyone and have fun !!!

Note - There is a specs reminder on this page in post number 232.

Sorry about Wednesday John - I have now sent a club invitation to your new PSN name.

A quick reminder to everyone that it is Round 0 (Test Day) at 20:30 GMT tonight (Friday) for Season 2 of Shelby V Chevy (from Laguna Seca). We will run a couple of short races for our Round 1 - 6 cars and subject to time, a couple of short races for our Round 7 - 12 cars.

Note to myself that I need an Art Morrison Corvette 1960, painted Dover White, for Round 1 - 6 and a Corvette C2 Race Car 1963 for Round 7 - 12.

If anyone is unsure of their car type, colour, race number etc, there are full details in Post 1 near the bottom of the post.

If anyone reading this would like to join the series, you have timed it perfectly as tonight we have Round 0 and the series starts with Round 1 on 13th January - if you are interested post in the thread below or send me a message via GT Planet.

Good Luck everyone and have fun !!!

Note - There is a specs reminder on this page in post number 232.
Just to inform you that I have the XJ13 and Cobra ready for tonight.

Looking forward to race with you guys tonight! :cheers:

Back