Spanish woman claims ownership of the Sun

• Thread starter waggles
  • 60 comments
On this one I was indeed afraid this lady did not foresee the responsibility that comes with ownership:
1) I will claim ownership of the spot the sun is in, then I will charge the lady parking rights + damage done to the spot due to high radiation her sun does.
2) Any solar flare that damages satellites, she will get the bill to send a new satellite up.
3) She should pay up for the economic consequences of reducing the global warming or just turn her sun a little bit lower.

You can always fight stupidity with more stupidity, most of the time this seems to be what happens.

To be too serious, ownership requires labor.

Oh no we do not start again, nothing against the principle, ...
Indeed I do not start again.

Ownership is still a subject that is far from finished in my book (maybe it will never finish). It is all linked to the rights/legal/norms system you are using (still have to follow up on this one, I know, no time/energy now).

I say sure you can have the sun, but do it properly and legally. If you inherit a house or something from a deceased family member you must spend a night in it. Go spend a night on it and it's yours.

$20 says she agrees to it, sounds stupid enough.

I thought the Stig owned the Sun?
The Stig owns everything, The Stig just allows some of us to believe that we "own" things.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't claim ownership of oxygen. All nations already have air rights.

To be too serious, ownership requires labor.

To be less serious, I think we should all simply tell her that we don't want the sun's output and that she should shut it off because it's landing on our property. Africa should sue her for drought, and put her in jail for murdering thousands each year with her Sun. Personally I find it a major nuisance that her sun is casting all this dirty "light" all over my yard, causing weeds to grow. She needs to shut it off before I take her to small claims court. How am I supposed to sleep in the morning with that obnoxious light coming through my window?

:lol:

On a more serious note, though... once light and heat have left the surface of the sun, don't they stop being part of the sun? Claiming usage fees for sunlight is like claiming that ownership of the source of the Nile gives you the rights to tax usage for everyone downstream.

What she needs to do, now that she owns the sun, is to dam up the light with a solar shade and collect fees for opening it over certain parts of the Earth.

Doesn't have the money to do that? Shame.

When music leaves a musician, does it no longer belong to the musician?

I agree this is ridiculous, but at least it provides me with an individual to blame for the problems I battle with at work rather than just a form of energy...

When music leaves a musician, does it no longer belong to the musician?

I agree this is ridiculous, but at least it provides me with an individual to blame for the problems I battle with at work rather than just a form of energy...

Does a country that has a river running through its borders actually make the river? This is a very real problem in "owning" natural resources. If the resource itself stays put, you can charge people to come get it. If it's currently outgassing 1.6 billion tons of matter an hour, you'd be hard pressed to force people to pay for use of the waste products that just happen to fall at their doorstep a hundred fifty million kilometers away.

She may own the sun, but she doesn't own light.

I OWN LIGHT! :D

I hope.. If it's un-owned.

But seriously.. This is becoming a world monopoly, and she just bought one of the biggest resources.

Well then i claim the milky way galaxy, since i am your landowner all of you that claimed planet and other things and those who live on said planets must pay me.

Does a country that has a river running through its borders actually make the river? This is a very real problem in "owning" natural resources.

hehe, I was playing a bit of devil's advocate. But yes, you make a good point.

what an absolute joke the sun isnt bound by earth laws... who the hell is anyone to say they own the sun. then shes talking about charging everyone for the use of it to help the spanish economy... mean while every over country in the world is losing money and the economy to spain making them the new super power. well others wont like that they are losing money and there would soon be war.. mean while all the money donated to research would be wasted on war tech and all of a sudden world hunger is much more serious. you dont have to worry about the spanish pension anymore either with the amount of war/attention it would get...... well done crazy sun lady........ btw can we sue for global warming? the suns heat is half the problem

I claim Heaven. If it exists. :P

Better pay up, or I'm kicking all your dead relatives out.

I claim Heaven. If it exists. :P

Better pay up, or I'm kicking all your dead relatives out.
The Japanese beat you to it!

F7E58D7FA9A4BA915FC296_Large.jpg

Ultra ridiculous.. I've never seen somebody being very smart that in the end being a 🤬 that gives us a bit of time to laugh about.

I claim your body, so no, I nullify your claim.

And yeah, that Spanish lady is just nuts. If I get sunburnt, she gets the blame.

Okay... Then I guess I call the multiverse(s). And the Space-Time continuum as well for good measure. Do I win?

No, as those aren't actual objects.

Man, kids these days.

And Mig, what in the hell are you talking about?

I claim the earth.
So that means I can charge you for living here and claim anything created on earth.
For that reason I claim :gtplanet:

Latest Posts

Back